• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is One of the Water Parks Closing for Rehab This Winter?

bellenbuzz

Living Happily Ever After
I know they sometimes alternate Water Parks each winter for rehab & refurbishing. Is one of them scheduled to close this winter ?? Which one ??

Please let me know, THANKS !!!

My DD7 wants to pick out some smilie dudes now, here she goes:
:3dglasses popcorn:: :dance3: :happytv: :surfweb: :laundy: :wizard: :yay: :santa: :grouphug: :cheer2: :coffee: :hourglass pixiedust: pixiedust: :crowded: :drive: :thanks: :chat: :boat: :rockband: :car: :figment: :goofy: :hmghost:

Actually, BOTH water parks close each winter for refurbs. When TL reopens in January, BB will be closed until March.

I believe Typhoon Lagoon will be closed Christmas week, 2008 for refurbishment, but can't find the original announcement. Maybe someone else knows the exact dates?

While we're on the topice, are the water parks busy in the winter time? I imagine there are less people who go because of the weather and low attendance but how crowded are they really?

We've been in January, February and early March and they were not busy at all! We loved it. DH went in the reef swim three times in a row all by himself at TL. When we've gone at these times only one of the parks have been open, with the other under refurbishment.

While we're on the topice, are the water parks busy in the winter time? I imagine there are less people who go because of the weather and low attendance but how crowded are they really?

I'm curious about this too. We are going in November, not exactly winter, but still is that a good time to go to a water park?

We are going in March and I had heard that one of the water parks will be closed. Anyone else heard?

teacher09:teacher:

Can anyone confirm this ???
And I believe Blizzard Beach will close around November this year....

I have no idea but wanted to add one little piece that I do know:

We tried to schedule surfing lessons at TL for September and we were told that they had canceled all surfing lessons until after the first of the year as the "wave maker" needs to be recalibrated and this can't be done until the shut down. I guess they have to drain it?? Sounds like TL will be shut down first given what the CM said.

**EDIT**

Nope, I was wrong on who goes first! This is what I just found over at allears:

Blizzard Beach

Blizzard Beach will close for annual refurbishment September 28, 2008 through October 25, 2008.

Typhoon Lagoon

Surfing School Changes at Typhoon Lagoon: Surfing classes and private surfing events at Typhoon Lagoon are not available until sometime in 2009. Maintenance needs to be performed on the wave mechanisms during the regularly scheduled winter rehab. The wave pool will continue to operate for guests. It's only the surfing waves that will be offline until 2009.

This year Blizzard will be closed from Sunday September 28 thru Saturday October 25.

Typhoon needs extensive work and will be closed from Sunday October 26 thru Saturday, March 21.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter