• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is one day enough?

OneLittleSpark

A Michaelmusophobia Sufferer (please don't hate me
I'm very sorry if this has already been covered, but I couldn't find anything on it. Is it possible to see a fair amount of DLP in one day? I know we'd all love to spend months in Disney, but as budget will be a little tight for this trip to Paris, we were thinking of only doing one day in the magic. I know we won't be able to see everything, but do you guys reckon we could get a feel for things in a day? We are looking at one day hoppers, so we can flit between the two parks, and would try and be in for opening.

All advice and suggestions appreciated! TIA! :thumbsup2

A few have done a one day visit but you may be better just thinking about going to the Disneyland Park. A lot of the Studios is based around show times which would eek a lot of the day :)

we went to disney for the day recently, ( so my DD could see the high school musical show,) as it wont be on when we go for christmas,

we got there for openeing, and left when they kicked us out:rotfl2:

the key to a one day visit, is PLANNING and more planning

if you need any help, feel free to contact me and i will give you the plan we used

Thank you for the help and suggestions guys! We were planning to focus mainly on DLP anyway, but it's good to know that it will 'maximise' our time. Sorry this is a bit short and garbled, the brain's gone to sleep before the body tonight! If anyone has any more suggestions, we'd be most grateful to hear them!

Thanks again! :thumbsup2

the key to a one day visit, is PLANNING and more planning

if you need any help, feel free to contact me and i will give you the plan we used

Why don't you share your plan with the board? I would love to read it. :surfweb: :thumbsup2

We've not really got much of a 'plan' yet, I'm afraid. We're going to start off in DLP at opening (my fella doesn't actually know this stuff, I've just decided and will tell him at some point ;) ) then see how it goes. I want to sit down with him and make a list of the 'must see' attractions before we go, to make sure neither of us leaves disappointed because we didn't get to go on [insert attraction here]. I'm more of a 'go with the flow' type person, when it comes to holidays, and have never yet managed to make a plan and stick to it!

I think for both of us, DLP is a bigger deal than studios, so if we don't make it across the road for long (or at all) I don't think we'll be bitterly disappointed; it'll just give us an excuse to go back again :rotfl:.

More than anything, this visit is to give us a feel for the place. At the moment it's an unknown quantity, and I'd like to get to know it. Also, it's a chance for me to grab a bit more magic before the year is out (and so I can make the claim of 3 Disney properties in one year :goodvibes). Besides, I've never seen a Disney park at Christmas, and would love to see all the spangle!

Thanks again everyone! :thumbsup2

Hi folks

We might be in Paris next month and of course it would be a shame not to nip out to see our friends at Disneyland! :goodvibes

Is it possible to get a one day hopper ticket or do you have to purchase for either the main park or the studios? Having been many times and not having kids in tow, I feel that we could easily cover both parks in a day. We know by now what are must dos in rides and shows and what to do if time, so we could be fairly selective. The studios wouldn't even take me up to lunchtime but if I did elect for the main park I would love to do Crush and R & R.

I suppose if one day hoppers are not available, the alternative is to get a 2 day hopper, assuming you will be back within a year to use the other day. ;)

Im going for 6 days in October and still cant seem to plan it well enough for everyone in our party to do everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

i ahve done DLP twice as a day trip now, both at peak times and it works out ok i guess. u can see the parade and maybe about 6 attractions if ur lucky after u take time for the toilet, getting to and from the train / parking lot and eating and drinking lol.
i am considering going for a day in october, and would NOT be considering it if i didnt think it was worth while.

D.

I think it depends.
If you've been to the park before and know what you want to see/do, then yes, it's worth it. I've done it twice now :)

If you're going for the first time and want to do the majority of things, then I'd go for 2 days, if you want to do everything, you should probably book 3.

You'll definitely get the feel of the place if you go just one day mind you.
Also, if you're going for one day, it never hurts to sit down beforehand and have a good look at the website to decide what exactly you want to do. A good planning really helps :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter