Is OKW Disney's forgotten resort?

G8r4evr

DIS Veteran
It just seems like it is hardly ever mentioned...I remember when I was a kid, driving by and the colorful buildings always made me want to stay there. Now that Im a "big" kid and can make my own ressies, Im considering staying there again, but the lack of buzz on this board where OKW is concerned has me wondering...

OKW is a DVC resort - so lots of time the moderators will move post on OKW to the DVC boards.

It is still pretty wonderful!!!:thumbsup2

As SpiceyC said being a DVC resort all the buzz is over on the DVC forums. It is definitely not forgotten.

I like Key West a lot. Only stayed there twice, though, because there are other places I like better.

I, too, thought it was a forgotten place around here. The fact that it gets moved explains that. I don't see why it would be moved if it isn't about time-share stuff, though. Plenty of people (like me) stay there and didn't buy in.

I like Key West a lot. Only stayed there twice, though, because there are other places I like better.

I, too, thought it was a forgotten place around here. The fact that it gets moved explains that. I don't see why it would be moved if it isn't about time-share stuff, though. Plenty of people (like me) stay there and didn't buy in.

ask the moderators why they move it? I certainly don't understand.

here are somepictures of OKW http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/showgallery.php/cat/545

Love OKW:love: - staying for two weeks in July!!! It does get moved to the DVC a lot, so check those threads for any recent posts, but definitely worth booking a ressie there - it's our favourite, so pretty and laid back.:goodvibes

Shhhh...those of us that consider OKW "home" don't mind the lack of press....we love the place!

Love OKW! :cloud9: Will be there in a few days! :woohoo: When we all meet, we're a group of 8. The 2 bedroom condo is great. Plenty of space! It's a great place to stay. Stayed at SSR one time & the size difference in the units is really huge. We'll keep going to OKW!

Oh it is a horrible resort! ;) :rolleyes1

Seriously I think it is a best kept secret in a way. Which is fine because it keeps it easy to get into! It is our all time favorite place to stay. We ussually rent my cousins points when we can. We hope to buy a resale there one day when the finances are better.

A little hint is that you can rent points from members. Look at the DVC boards. It is a smooth and pretty safe transaction, especially if you use Paypal. You will save a ton of money over rack rate. You can also still buy the DDP now also. My persoanl fav area is Turlte Pond.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom and thought we were in heaven! :cloud9:

It feels more like a real resort to us. You forget you are in the middle of Disney. I mean I love the mouse, but when you are tired of the crowds and noise it is nice to go back and relax there!

It just seems like it is hardly ever mentioned...I remember when I was a kid, driving by and the colorful buildings always made me want to stay there. Now that Im a "big" kid and can make my own ressies, Im considering staying there again, but the lack of buzz on this board where OKW is concerned has me wondering...

Probably,
but then there are people like me who are glad it is over looked. It is by far one of the resorts with the largest rooms (which is why we love it). We also love the quite, laid back atmosphere. After spending a long, hot day in the parks it is the perfect welcome home place. I also love that I can drive my car right up to my room door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter