Is Ohana worth it?

We think so!!! We had a great table by the window with a clear view straight across to the castle to see Wishes! That night the food and service were top notch.

They won't serve you bread pudding without paying for the whole meal. You can, however, get the bread pudding at the neighboring tambu lounge. good luck!

I was thinking that was going to be WICKED expensive dessert. LOL!

Yes, I know. I never mentioned trying to pay less. We have no problems paying for the entire meal just to eat dessert. I agree its a very expensive dessert but it was the only thing that appealed to us besides the salad on our visit. If we're going to be paying that price, might as well not waste food we won't eat. Its actually cheaper than doing the dessert party.

Also, I read somewhere that the bread pudding at Tambu Lounge was only a temporary thing. Doubtful it will still be offered when we return in Oct 2017 unless the article was incorrect. Do you know if this is a permanent addition?

Yes, I know. I never mentioned trying to pay less. We have no problems paying for the entire meal just to eat dessert. I agree its a very expensive dessert but it was the only thing that appealed to us besides the salad on our visit. If we're going to be paying that price, might as well not waste food we won't eat. Its actually cheaper than doing the dessert party.

Also, I read somewhere that the bread pudding at Tambu Lounge was only a temporary thing. Doubtful it will still be offered when we return in Oct 2017 unless the article was incorrect. Do you know if this is a permanent addition?

that's nutty, no offense. I think it's been at Tambu Lounge for a while and it is on Disney's menu for the place. I'd definitely check there first. No bread pudding in the world is worth $40 a person.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/polynesian-resort/tambu-lounge/menus/dinner/

$6. for the extra $34 you could go down to trader sam's and have an uh-oa in souvenir tiki bowl and then some :) anything is possible but for right now it seems a staple at the tambu lounge. they probably make big huge pans of it so it is easy to serve there with minimal extra prep.

DO you know that there are recipes so you can make this at home?

I refuse to give validity to anyone's opinion if they refer to 'Ohana as O'hana. It is not a Irish restaurant! Lol
:rotfl2:
It is a mistake that is often made, and by people who are incredibly knowledgeable Disney folks. Please get a chuckle on my errors all over the DIS, and feel free to disregard any information that I share due to the errors. Between my not being able to type worth a hoot, and my auto correct got full speed ahead on my devices, you will have plenty to find valid.

We have a reservation in May for Ohana and I was nervouse because of some not so great reviews recently. A lot of people on this thread seem to have some positive reviews though! So that's reassuring! :)

Yes , it is good. Children will love it too. However, don't accept a late reservation(9pm). There are issues with running out of food, cold food and poor service. We were not the only ones affected. There is another thread about Ohana and late reservations.
Uh-oh. We've got a 9:45 pm reservation. I should cancel it?

We had accepted the late time during the visit after we ate at Ohana at a normal dinner time. We hoped it would be the same experience . If you can grab an earlier time, it would probably be a better experience.

Do you usually eat a huge meal at 9:45p? Or really, later, since I've never been seated at Ohana on time. I would keep checking for an earlier time.

We're night owls and usually close the parks, so a big meal at that time isn't an issue. I'm more worried about bad service/food with a late ressie.

We went for the first time 5 years ago and we all agreed that it was a favorite. We are headed back in a couple of weeks, and we will begin our vacation with 'Ohana!--on my birthday!

We currently have an ADR for dinner on my birthday as well. We are staying at the Poly in a lake view studio so I'm thinking the twilight feast might be the better option. None of us (3 adults and 1 teen) are really interested in the kids activities or "entertainment", we just wanted to try the food.

Thoughts?

Ohana is one of my family's must dos every trip. It my DH's favorite TS at WDW. We all love every course. But it is so hard to get an ADR for 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter