• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Ohana worth it?

YES! Totally worth it! We go every trip! The bread pudding is our absolute all time favorite dessert in all of Disney!

I have an adr for this september my son and his family stayed at the POLYNESIAN last year and enjoyed it

ABSOLUTELY! Our absolute favorite!!!! Try to make a reservation close to the fireworks at Magic Kingdom. You can request a table by the window....or if you're done with your meal, go sit on the beach and have a wonderful, crowd-free fireworks show!!

ABSOLUTELY! Our absolute favorite!!!! Try to make a reservation close to the fireworks at Magic Kingdom. You can request a table by the window....or if you're done with your meal, go sit on the beach and have a wonderful, crowd-free fireworks show!!

This sounds like something I really wanna do!! How do I go about doing this? Like, what times should I be booking for and how far from the beach is Ohana?

Our Ratings of Ohana: (1/21/2012)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: D
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: Used to be highly rated. However, the food
quality has severely deteriorated over the past year.
For food quality, select another restaurant.

Bread, salad, 2 appetizers (pot stickers, sticky wings), 2 side dishes (noodles, veggies), 4 kinds of meat (shrimp, beef, pork, chicken) and dessert plus soft drinks...all for under $40. And the "entertainment" is really a nice touch, too. We love the tropical, party atmosphere.

The drawback is that there is no a la carte menu. You get what they serve. If you don't like some or most of the itmes, you might not find it worth it. We love everything, from salad to dessert, so yes, we find it worth it.

I would say this is pretty accurate, though I think the food is better than a D, not higher than a C, but probably not as bad as a D.

My view is probably skewed because I have been to an authentic Brazilian steak house, which is strikingly similar, and Ohana's is just not as good. By comparison the meat selections are more limited, and the cuts are not as flavorful. I try to avoid the side dishes at both ... its about the meat! :lmao:

That said, we had a good time, and I would go back if someone in my party had their heart set on eating there again.

This seems to be your "basic score sheet" for most restaurants. I guess I wonder why you eat at them :confused3 Ohana is very delicious, from beginning to end. Yummy :love: We just ate there 1 1/2 weeks ago - a must do each trip - was no different than the past several years we have gone.

We just ate there last fall. The menu hasn't changed: (it's a set menu served family style)
"welcome" bread, salad, noodles, dumplings, sticky wings, broccoli, meat skewers (beef, shrimp, chicken or turkey), bananas foster for dessert. According to allears it's $32.99/adult.

that is the menu. we ate there last Oct it was awesome. we were on the dining plan. we also got to see Electrical Water Pageant our ADR was for 8:20.

I ate there last Friday. YES. It was worth it. We had a great server (for a change), and the steak especially, but all the meat was PERFECTLY cooked. I had always enjoyed it before but everything was moist and tender and well.. perfect.
We got there as it opened so maybe the difference was the meat hadn't been waiting around. Honestly I would say it was much much much better than ever before. And we liked it before :thumbsup2

We love Ohana. We ate dinner there on the first night of our trip. The food was great. Loved the wings and noodles. The steak and pork were amazing and the dessert -- hands down the best dessert we had at disney!!! Added bonus was being able to see some of the wishes fireworks from our table and then seeing the electrical water pageant from the beach after dinner.

This is a must-do for us now each trip. Hand down, one of my two favorite meals at Disney (other is Cali Grill). The meat is just okay, but the sides and dessert are what make it amazing! I LOVE their salad, noodles, potstickers, and dessert. I crave these things all the time and wish that we lived closer so that I could eat there more often!

We had a good experience here on our Poly trip.
it was mentioned in my siggie...you are paying for the character interactions and we got lots...Kids loved it...food was good, and lots of it. :)

Not sure if we will book for our upcoming trip, as we will not be on the dining plan...(and we were on the poly trip) but we had fond memories

'Ohana for dinner is not worth it for us. The turkey is gone now and the other meats are usually very dry when brought out. We have asked for rare steak and had to wait and wait and then brought almost raw pieces of gristly steak. The best part of the meal is always the shrimp and the bread pudding....but that hardly justifies the cost and bad service. Won't be going back for a long, long time and we have been faithful since they had the lo mein stir fry with salmon...YEARS ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter