Is Ohana still 'worth it'?

JJsmama

WDW addict
I actually snagged an ADR for our June trip. Haven't been to Ohana is years. I have read that they have removed a lot of things from the menu though and that food quality has declined. :confused3. We will be all OOP. With my 4 'adults' and 1 child, it will be over $200 before tip. Does it still feel worth that money? Thanks.

I have to make the same decision about Biergarten too...

Just there in December. Still worth every cent! We enjoyed the changes to the menu. The lettuce wraps are really good. We're going back in March.

You are going to get a ton of no's and a ton of yes's. Ohana used to be one of my must do restaurants... My how things change. My response is.......

NO​

Most controversial eatery on property. You'll never know unless you try it.
I think you could do better for the money. :earsboy:

I actually snagged an ADR for our June trip. Haven't been to Ohana is years. I have read that they have removed a lot of things from the menu though and that food quality has declined. :confused3. We will be all OOP. With my 4 'adults' and 1 child, it will be over $200 before tip. Does it still feel worth that money? Thanks.

I have to make the same decision about Biergarten too...

Yes, Yes, Yes!! Have ressies there in about 5 weeks - one of our every trip must do's. Some things have been changed on the menu, it's true, but the basics to me are still the same.

You ask if it will feel 'worth' the money?? It's Disney, so nothing there is worth the money if it were anywhere else, but every place there is inflated in price, so I say, 'in comparison', yes, it's worth it! :thumbsup2

Only you can really tell 'after' you experience it if it's something you enjoyed - everyone has an opinion!!;)

Now, Biergarten?? We didn't really care for that type food - but, you might!!
Doesn't mean it wasn't good - just not for us! :goodvibes

I was so excited when I finally scored an Ohana reservation, and I thought all the nay-sayers here were just party poopers. I was psyched and sure we'd like it. It was kind of awful. We were there for a week and it was our least favorite meal of the week. Server could not have been more disengaged, which I would have forgiven if the food was great. Good, even. But it wasn't. Noodles tasted like packaged ramen. Beef was ok, but inconsistent. Wings were yucky. Bread was cold (not warm as it should have been). Salad was over dressed and dripping with dressing. Honestly, I picked at my food and just waited for dessert, which was delicious. I was glad that we had free dining that week, but i wouldn't pay out of pocket for it.

Go to Epcot and eat anywhere there.

we love both Ohana and Biergarten...we were at both in may and had a great time..
we were ..my hubby and myself, our son and daughter in law and two grandkids...age 8 and 10....they all loved it too...they didnt need to have a kids meal option as they ate pretty much everything offered..

DH and I just dined there on the 1/17. It was our first time at Ohana and we were extremely disappointed. Everything came out in 5 minutes and it was all cold. I sent a complaint in online and they are reimbursing us. Based on that fact we may try it again in the next trip or two.

It has declined. Food is not worth the price you pay.

We love the show at Biergarten. I like the food on the buffet, service has been uneven, but we still go.

Dis Restaurant Review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDS0UK9sVDE

Other Options: Konas, Trails End, WCC, Citricos
EC - Via Napoli, Chefs de france, Marrakesh, R&C

Ok, sorry if this is old news, but are they taking away the shrimp skewers as well now !!???

Ohana is not worth the price... But i haven't yet gotten to the point where I feel the place is stealing my money (Chefs de France). Two years ago, it wasn't very good... But last year, it was slightly better... So there's that.

Just my opinion... But there's not a single restaurant remaining in Disney that is "worth the price." One of the things that have kept us coming back to Disney for the past 20-years was the quality of the food... Both table and counter service alike. You got what you paid for. The first time we noted the decline in quality is when they started pulling all the prime rib from the buffets. Mmm roast beef... SMH. Bacon double cheeseburgers went to bacon cheeseburgers to cheeseburgers to a brown flavored patty on a massive bun. All the while, price increases abound.

I think there are quite a few that are worth the price. 'Ohana, it's not bad, I go every 2 years. If the shrimp does get removed I'll probably stop.

The current rumor I've seen is that the shrimp will be replaced by chicken sausage or turkey sausage. Still only a rumor.

We went in August and I didn't love it as much as the time previous. However, my 10 year old and my DH claim it is a must do still so maybe it was just me?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter