Is Ohana breakfast worth missing RD at AK?

SnowWhiteOz

DIS Veteran
I leave for the world in less than 2 weeks and managed to get a last minute ADR for Ohana at 7:40am on the day I'm going to AK (it's a Friday, undercover tourist rates the crowd as green [1-3] and touringplans rates it as an 8)

So I have some questions for you all:
  1. Is Ohana breakfast worth missing RD at AK?
  2. I have my first FP at 9:00-10:00 - if I go to Ohana will I still be able to make it to AK in time for this window?
  3. How hard would it be to get to Ohana at that time of morning using Disney transport? I'm staying at pop so would have to take a bus to MK or Epcot and then the monorail.
Thanks in advance for you advice!

I leave for the world in less than 2 weeks and managed to get a last minute ADR for Ohana at 7:40am on the day I'm going to AK (it's a Friday, undercover tourist rates the crowd as green [1-3] and touringplans rates it as an 8)

So I have some questions for you all:
  1. Is Ohana breakfast worth missing RD at AK?
  2. I have my first FP at 9:00-10:00 - if I go to Ohana will I still be able to make it to AK in time for this window?
  3. How hard would it be to get to Ohana at that time of morning using Disney transport? I'm staying at pop so would have to take a bus to MK or Epcot and then the monorail.
Thanks in advance for you advice!
1. I don't think so, but it just depends on what your priorities are.
2. Probably.
3. You'll take the bus to MK - don't go to Epcot. Be at the bus stop by 6:30. Or save yourself 50 minutes and take a cab.

1. I don't think so, but it just depends on what your priorities are.
2. Probably.
3. You'll take the bus to MK - don't go to Epcot. Be at the bus stop by 6:30. Or save yourself 50 minutes and take a cab.

Thanks Alesia. :thanks:

I'm not a huge breakfast person to begin with, but I've read so many people on here say that Ohana was there favourite place so I wasn't sure if it was something I "had" to do.

I'm now thinking that I'd rather try and beat the crowds at AK.

We would miss RP at AK for Ohana breakfast. We love ohana's breakfast. However, what we usually do is go on a EMH MK day. We do 8am-10:15 at MK, then hit Ohana for an 10:45am adr,, that way we have brunch, then head back to a park (whichever we feel like doing after breakfast).

for an early ADR we would cab if we didnt have our suv.

If you aren't a big breakfast person, I wouldn't do it. I personally didn't like the food (found it too salty). The characters were fine, but, except for Lilo, you can meet them all elsewhere in the parks. If you really want a great character meal, it's right there in AK! Go to Tusker House! Better food, more characters and it's right in the park you want to visit!

If you aren't a big breakfast person, I wouldn't do it. I personally didn't like the food (found it too salty). The characters were fine, but, except for Lilo, you can meet them all elsewhere in the parks. If you really want a great character meal, it's right there in AK! Go to Tusker House! Better food, more characters and it's right in the park you want to visit!

Thanks. I've been searching for a pre-RD for Tusker House for the last two months but haven't come up with one yet. I'm going to keep searching and keep my fingers crossed for that one!

We like Ohana. I usually plan Ohana for either our Epcot World Showcase day or if I can get an early enough ADR than for 1 of our Magic Kingdom days. We aren't a huge animal kingdom fan. In fact we actually skipped Animal Kingdom altogether this year. Honestly if you have FPs for all the major rides like the Safari and Everest than I don't think you need to be there for RD. Although if you can snag pre opening tusker house I would go for that over Ohana any day, lol

The food is generic and rather heavy (my husband LOVED it, me not so much). I would not miss RD for it and you need to believe the crowd predictor of '8'.

I agree that TH breakfast is much better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter