• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is November the New "It" Time?

disneypanda11

Mouseketeer
We just booked our trip for the 2nd week of November 2014 (late planning for us this year!) and I was SHOCKED by how few rooms were available at all of the resorts (not even just FD rooms but ANY rooms). Is there something going on I'm not aware of?

Depending on when your second week is, you have the end of the Food and Wine Festival, Wine and DIne Marathon, Veteran's Day and Jersey week so yeah that's usually a VERY busy time!

It's easily a 8-9 on the crowd calendar.

Sorry should have been more specific. Week of the 10th. I saw Jersey Week was the week prior- no? And Food and Wine ends the 10th I believe. This is a mystery to me!

So you check in on the 10th?

Quite a few schools are out for Veteran's Day but other than that I don't know.

My parents are going to a Disney wedding that week. I was just looking today and noticed it was hard to get a room for a few nights. We wanted to be in the EPCOT area and all the open rooms were club level. (they didn't need a promotion, just wanted any room) It seems crazy but I'm expecting it to be busy this year.

The Mickey very merry Christmas party starts this week, so that could be adding to people going during this time ... Maybe? Plus it's a FD week too.

I've seen it mentioned several times and curious, what is jersey week?

We are there for the end of F&W plus the Wine&Dine Half. And we're going to be there from the 6th to the 11th. Just b/c something ends on the 10th doesn't mean you leave ON the 10th!

What is Jersey Week, a poster asks? From **************.net:

Each year, the New Jersey Educational Association holds a convention that includes a Thursday and a Friday, typically the Thursday and Friday that end the first full week of November.

New Jersey public schools are closed those two days; many families in response head to Walt Disney World for either that long weekend, or for the entire week.

Consequently, Walt Disney World is more crowded during Jersey Week than it is the weeks before and after.

If anyone is familiar with Utah week out in Anaheim, it's the same basic thing.

Pick your dates right and you can catch Food and Wine, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, Festival of the Masters art show, as well as free dining and you can't argue about the weather at that time either. So, no, not too many reasons to go in November.;)

Well from what I gather, it sounds like it may be busy but with good reason! ;) Lots of wonderful things going on. I'll be curious to see how it compares crowd-wise to October when we usually go. One of the things we love about the fall is that the crowds are usually pretty manageable. Let's hope that rings true for this trip, too!

We are there for the end of F&W plus the Wine&Dine Half. And we're going to be there from the 6th to the 11th. Just b/c something ends on the 10th doesn't mean you leave ON the 10th! What is Jersey Week, a poster asks? From **************.net: If anyone is familiar with Utah week out in Anaheim, it's the same basic thing.
Oh thanks I get it .... We're from Utah and the schools are out for a few days in mid October. We have went to Anaheim lol I guess we were part of Utah week and didn't know it. We call it fall break here in Utah

Depending on when your second week is, you have the end of the Food and Wine Festival, Wine and DIne Marathon, Veteran's Day and Jersey week so yeah that's usually a VERY busy time!

It's easily a 8-9 on the crowd calendar.
WHAT??

I know there's no real "slow" times at WDW anymore, but we normally go in July and were planning on a much quieter trip this Nov.9-15. Parks close at 5/7 & 9 respectively. We're used to 11:00 or later closings in the summer. Say it isn't so!!!

We noticed that too when we were down there last November. We were there just as F&W was ending, but during Free Dining, so the place was pretty mobbed.

I have a feeling Free Dining has a lot to do with it, paired with the fact that guidebooks have been printing for years now that Fall is the best time to go. It used to be because Fall was considered the "off season" (and believe me compared to Christmas through New Year's, it is) but lately it seems like there is no off season anymore. I remember going to WDW as a kid in the mid 90's and when we went in October, it was absolutely DEAD. There also wasn't Free Dining yet....so...who knows.

WHAT?? I know there's no real "slow" times at WDW anymore, but we normally go in July and were planning on a much quieter trip this Nov.9-15. Parks close at 5/7 & 9 respectively. We're used to 11:00 or later closings in the summer. Say it isn't so!!!

MK will close early on MVMCP nights which will have begun by then. If you've never been to the party though you should get tickets and go. :)

We will be there Nov 12-18th and we always go during this time and we never thought it was busy. I went online to find my parents a room from the 9-15th and nothing was showing up on my ipad but when she went to her TA yesterday, everything had availability and she booked with no problem. I wouldn't go by what is online, and I'm def not going by what I saw on my ipad (no availability anywhere) but there really is.

Free dining rooms book fast but it still isn't that crowded. We were there during Jersey Week 2013 and we didn't even think that was crowded... it could've been a lot worse like Thanksgiving crowds. It is nowhere near as bad.

It's a little busier during that time now, but it's certainly not a crowd level 8-9...we go that time frequently and while it is a bit busier, it's not that bad.

Many schools either have off a few days for Veteran's Day or teacher conference days around that time it seems.

Sorry should have been more specific. Week of the 10th. I saw Jersey Week was the week prior- no? And Food and Wine ends the 10th I believe. This is a mystery to me!

Jersey Week ends the week before you arrive but with Veteran's Day falling on a Tuesday this year, I'd suspect many families are extending their trips or even taking long weekend trips because of this (taking Monday off work and using the Veteran's Day holiday). Last year, Veteran's Day fell on a Monday and crowd levels were higher than usual for that time of year.

Early November has consistently gotten busier over the years due to Jersey Week, Veteran's Day, Food & Wine, holiday season, crossover between MNSSHP and MVMCP, and the Run Disney events. Plus the nice weather. Crowd levels are moderate those two weeks but drop off to a 2-3 the week before Thanksgiving.

Is the 20-thanksgiving really busy? we usually go in october during fall break but no free dining this year during that time. This is the only time we could go except for christmas and christmas scares me. I am not crazy about crowds. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter