• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is November really going to have low crowds?

kkcmom

Earning My Ears
I planned on November for our first trip due to reading that it was a low attendance time. I am going November 12-21. But it is so hard to make any dining reservations and now people are reporting that they cannot get some fast passes in November, like for Thunder Mountain on the 14th. It just concerns me that maybe it's going to be really busy? Getting worried....

We last year at Nov the first 2 weeks of the month. The weather was awesome. The lines for rides were pretty good.

We were there from Nov 17-23 last year and the longest wait we had was about 20 mins and I believe that was TSM.

Middle-ish crowds for Jersey week, middle-low til Thanksgiving. Not as low as January or September, but you (shouldn't) freeze or end up drenched.

Where did you see people couldn't get BTMRR passes for 11/14? Seems odd :confused3 ADRs I can understand since that's in the middle of free dining.

I planned on November for our first trip due to reading that it was a low attendance time. I am going November 12-21. But it is so hard to make any dining reservations and now people are reporting that they cannot get some fast passes in November, like for Thunder Mountain on the 14th. It just concerns me that maybe it's going to be really busy? Getting worried....

Free dining was offered starting on Nov9th.. That is prob why dining reservations are booked solid... I asked the question about FP and it seems some people have gotten everything and some have not.

I am going from the 7-15th and had no trouble getting FP's the other day at my 60 day window, but oddly enough there were some days where BTMRR was totally booked--made me wonder if it was going to be down my week. But then I was able to get a FP for it on a different day. So I don't know what's up with that. But anyway--I've been on this week before & it was great crowd and weather wise. The first weekend of my trip is Veterans Day weekend so that's predicted to be busy, but for the rest of the week crowds are at the lowest levels of the year. This is what I recall from having been there this same week in the past.

I don't know why you're having trouble with adr's--I just went on yesterday & got a prime time dinner reservation at Citricos & there was tons of availability at other places too. Do you have a big party size?

Where did you see people couldn't get BTMRR passes for 11/14? Seems odd :confused3 ADRs I can understand since that's in the middle of free dining.

I couldn't get a time for 3 mid morning on nov 14 for btmr. We had to do mid afternoon and split up. It initially showed sold out for 3. Someone else mentioned it too. It was available for 3 earlier in the week.

We also booked the second week in Nov due to low crowds and I'm getting a little concerned that won't be the case. From what I've read, the fact that they released the free dining promotion prior to the 180 day changed the outlook for the entire month of Nov.

From what I've read, the fact that they released the free dining promotion prior to the 180 day changed the outlook for the entire month of Nov.

For restaurants, yes. Not for park crowds.

We have always gone early November and have never had any issues with it being crowded. Generally we go during the first two weeks so I'm not sure if the rest of the month is any different. :confused3

At my 60 day mark for FP+, at what time can I start making them? Midnight, 1am or is it still variable?
thanks.

Crowds should be fine. I did observe the same with BTMRR not having FP+ available on Nov 14th which was day 67 when I booked mine on 9/8. At that time every attraction was available, including A&E the day before, 11/13, and the day after, 11/15. Thus, I chalk it up to being a FP+ quirk, though BTMRR is still not available for 11/14, or the ride will be down that day.

Nov is my favorite time to go. You just have to hit the right week. You have the wine and dine marathon, Jersey Week, Veterans Day, F & W, Thanksgiving. I think you picked the best time in Nov. The crowds should be low, the weather is divine, it's just a great time to go.

It's really the same amount of resort guests for November as July. So while the parks are emptier, the ADRs and FPs at 60 days are booking just as quickly.

It's really the same amount of resort guests for November as July. So while the parks are emptier, the ADRs and FPs at 60 days are booking just as quickly.

I'm sorry, I'm a little confused. If it is the same amount of guests at the resorts then why would the parks be emptier? Thanks! I'm just worried that the free dining is bringing more people to Disney in Nov. then usual so it may be crowded.

Because the parks have a much greater capacity than the resorts. If you had the 4 parks populated by nothing but Disney resort guests, then they would look pretty empty. It's when you add in the guests that are NOT staying at Disney resorts that the crowds start increasing.

We are going during free dining, Nov 9-15 and Wishes fp is sold out and our hotel POFQ is full.. Not looking forward to all the people. We went the first week last time and it was wonderful...But I will still be in Disney :)

Crowds should be fine. I did observe the same with BTMRR not having FP+ available on Nov 14th which was day 67 when I booked mine on 9/8. At that time every attraction was available, including A&E the day before, 11/13, and the day after, 11/15. Thus, I chalk it up to being a FP+ quirk, though BTMRR is still not available for 11/14, or the ride will be down that day.

It's not down completely as I have 3 FP for 5pm on 11/14. But when I look for available times to change it my only options are 9am or after 3pm. Just really strange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter