• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Narcoosees worth the money?

drp4video

DIS Veteran
We have ADR's for December 24 at 8:10 p.m. We are not on the dinning plan. We arrive at WDW around 2:00 pm and were not going to go to a park. We were going to go to DTD and just hang out. We will only have 2 full days at WDW and then are on to the Dominican Republic. (have bee to WDW 21 times in the past 7 years so short visit is fine). I no longer have AP's only have 2 days left on a 10 day pass. (my daughter has 4 days left)

But, as the parks are open later on the 24th, should we keep the reservation at Narcoosee's in the Grand FLoridian for CHristmas Eve, should we eat elsewhere if it is overpriced, or should we skip a sit down dinner and I buy a one day pass and we go to a park (I would probably buy another 10 day one actually, no expiration and hopper)

Opinions? Mostly I want to know if the money I will spend on Narcoossee's is worth it.

In my opinion, yes. Narcoossee's is the best restaurant on property and would be a great place for a Chirstmas Eve dinner. But again thats just my opinion:)

IMHO the food, atmosphere and view from Narcoossees are all excellent. Whether it is worth the money is difficult to say. My DW and I have the DDE discount so we think so. If you time it so that you can view "Wishes" from there it's even better. :thumbsup2

We are leaving for Disney tomorrow and have an ADR at Narcosees next Sunday night. :banana: :banana: We will be there during Wishes and I am wondering if we should ask for anywhere special to sit to see the show?

We are leaving for Disney tomorrow and have an ADR at Narcosees next Sunday night. :banana: :banana: We will be there during Wishes and I am wondering if we should ask for anywhere special to sit to see the show?

You should ask for a window table, but it is likely that you will have to go out on the deck if you want an unobstructed view of Wishes because those at the tables back from the windows are invited out to the deck to view the show.

The one time we saw Wishes from our table with friends from FL we were able to watch from the table even with people out on the deck. It was great. :thumbsup2

My DW and I are dining there in December and plan to watch from outside since our ADR is after Wishes.

Enjoy the show! :)

DW and I ate at Narcoossee's last week for our 20th anniversary. It was awesome. Definately worth the money. We did not have a window seat, however, the veiw was still beautiful. If you decide to go make sure you try the almond crusted cheesecake!

Thanks for the replies. We had ADR's for 8:10 which was done so we could be there for wishes. Hopefully we will be.

Definitely worth it. Narcoossee's is the best restaurant .The food is outstanding and the atmosphere is the best. A special place for Christmas eve.
Hopefully you can time it to see Wishes and the Electrical parade.
The crab cakes, surf and turf with the delicious potatoes- yummm:thumbsup2
I also second the almond crusted cherry cheesecake.:goodvibes

Definantly YES!!!!!! I would love to be at Narcosees on Christmas Eve. Can I go too, instead of being stuff in cold and dreary Ohio???

Keep your reservations. The parks on Christmas Eve will be ridiculously crowded and you'll have to wait forever for everything. Eating at Narcoosee's will be much more magical. It is a very nice restaurant and it's very hard to get reservations at the more popular restaurants for Christmas Eve. If you give up your ressies, you might end up eating counter service. Anyhow, you'll get to see the fireworks during dinner and the food there really is very good. Its expensive but not any more expensive than a lot of other sit down restaurants in Disney.

Thank you for the replies. We have been quit a few times Christmas Eve and always went to Epcot, eating at several sit down restaurants over the years. My daughter loved pasta so Alfredo's was always her first choice. We are only going to be in the parks two days/nights then, and we always end out stay at MK for fireworks over the castle. That means we have to give up either Illuminations or Fantasmic, and that is the delima. I love Illuminations and my daughter loves Fantasmic. We will work it out though if we keep Narcoosee's. Again, thanks for the imput.

Thank you for asking this question, DH and I are trying to plan out our ADRs right now and this is helpful!

I have an ADR for Jiko on Dec 9th, but called yesterday trying to switch it to Narcoosees. I was unable to do so. If I showed up right at opening, would they take a solo diner as a walk up or are they always booked solid?

My hubby and I ate there in June of this year. It was my first visit ever there eating. Unfortunately, I have to say it was the worst meal and the worst service ever and we were so disappointed. I have no intentions of ever going back and I've never said that about any meal at WDW..ever.. in 12years of trips. Maybe we just hit a bad night. Our server was in la la land the whole time. The view was nice but that was about it. The tables are very close together (or at least the tables for 2 were). The food was about a 6 out of 10 so for all the hype we really felt like we wasted our time and money that night. I just chalk it up to a lesson learned.

Our meal and service at the Turf Club beat this one hands down. Now that meal was a 10!

I hope you have a much better experience there then we did.

best of luck,
Esmerelda

A good friend of mine just returned from WDW on Sat. They ate at Narcoose and loved it. In fact, they were there eating, had just finished their salads, when the server approached them and asked if they would like to have the rest of their meal held back so that they could go out and watch Wishes from the dock!! She was astounded, said yes, and off they went, drinks in hand. They had a great view of the fireworks, then returned to their table and the rest of their dinner arrived about 4 minutes later. They couldn't stop raving about that.

We really enjoyed Narcoosies and I would say that it is worth the price we paid.

I love, love, love Narcoossees. Great food. Great service. Great atmosphere. I would definitely go. What a wonderful way to spend Christmas Eve. And, yes, you MUST get the Almond Crusted Cheesecake!

Thank you for the replies. We have been quit a few times Christmas Eve and always went to Epcot, eating at several sit down restaurants over the years. My daughter loved pasta so Alfredo's was always her first choice. We are only going to be in the parks two days/nights then, and we always end out stay at MK for fireworks over the castle. That means we have to give up either Illuminations or Fantasmic, and that is the delima. I love Illuminations and my daughter loves Fantasmic. We will work it out though if we keep Narcoosee's. Again, thanks for the imput.

Not sure if you have parkhoppers, but can your daughter go to MGM for Fantasmic alone? She has more days on her pass? On the 24th there is a show at 6:30 pm. She'd have to get in line earlier, so that means you do DTD with her for a while. I'd probably head over to the Grand Floridian early just to take a look at the decorations before it got dark, then you two can view them all lit up after dinner.

We had a meal including Wishes and the Electric Water parade at Narcoossee's at the end of August. Hands down it was our best meal. Like you it was on our arrival day, so we also skipped the parks that day. We had a 5yo so the pool was our best option.

Narcoossee's is one of the best restaurants on property, if not *THE* best. We visited it the day after Christmas last year and loved the atmosphere, food, and service. We timed it just right to watch not only Wishes, but also the Electrical Water Pageant.

Our waiter was fantastic and the food outstanding. You cannot have a bad meal at this restaurant. My boyfriend had the mussels as an appetizer and was in pure heaven. He said that they were the best and most flavorful he had ever had. I don't like mussels, but tried them and loved them too. For dinner, he had the filet and said it was cooked perfectly and melted in his mouth. It actually beat out a five-star steakhouse here on the Jersey Shore.

Enjoy this restaurant. Trust me, you *WILL* regret it if you cancel the ADR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter