Is MVMCP worth the price?

Nohal

DIS Veteran
Debating on doing the party as this will probably be the only time we will go at Christmas. I was surprised when I saw the price. If you think it was worth it, tell me why? Also this trip is just me and DH.

Last edited:
Do you want to know if someone does NOT think it is worth it? I fall into that category. I did not think the parade was anything special (although the toy soldiers are pretty cool). I think Wishes is a better fireworks show. The cookies they pass out are nothing special. The "snow" on main street only falls periodically- not the entire time. The only time I saw snow falling was while waiting for the fireworks to start. It was nice to get on rides rather quickly. Most were walk-on, if not the wait was no more than 20 minutes. I did not take the time to meet any of the special characters because none of them appealed to me or my daughter (we had met the princes at the Halloween party in 2012). I guess am glad to say I did it once, but I don't think I would spend the money on it again. Now, the Halloween party I would go back to in an instant!

The last time my sister & I went, we didn't feel it was worth the ticket price. We haven't been since 2013. It was ok, but it wasn't MNSSHP.

The last time my sister & I went, we didn't feel it was worth the ticket price. We haven't been since 2013. It was ok, but it wasn't MNSSHP.

Agree with both above ---- we stopped going to mvmcp a few years ago --- it's really subjective ---- worth it to some, not to others - personally, we agree--- liked MNNSHP much better, but we want them to bring back the
"Pirate and Princess" party !!! That's was our fave !!

Mickey's-Pirates-Princess-L.jpg

I've done the Halloween party before but this was the first year I did the Christmas party since I couldn't make it to the parks this October. I always felt the Halloween party was more "worth it" due to the costume and trick or treating aspect of it. The Halloween party was an "event", not just a special show and parade. The thought of cookies, hot chocolate and fake snow in 80 degree Florida weather just didn't sell the Christmas party to me. I was wrong! The weather was in the lower 60's so I got to wear a cute Mickey sweater. The parade was beautiful. They really do go all out with the soldiers and the horses pulling the carriages. I saw it on mainstreet with the snow falling and it really did feel magical. It was a beautiful visual. Best part is it wasn't even that packed and we got there just a few minutes before it started and got a great spot. The fireworks show was also really nice. Even my boyfriend who isn't a Disney fan and mostly just comes along to humor me really liked the party. He said it was the best parade and fireworks show he'd seen at the parks. The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the stage show. The opening number with Daisy and the Clarabelle number were cute but then it went downhill for me. I still prefer the Hocus Pocus Halloween party show. The cookies and eggnog/hot chocolate weren't anything special either but that didn't stop me from stopping at every booth. I had about a dozen cookies :p I had a big lunch so I counted them as my dinner. I'm sure I still gained a pound though. Overall I would recommend everyone try it at least once if you like the Christmas holiday. I had second thoughts after I paid for those tickets but by the end of the night my bf and I were discussing how it was actually worth it.

The Christmas Party will be worth it to some and maybe not to others. I had a great time this year, thought the fireworks and parade were great. Meeting some of the rare characters was fun as well. I agree with those that say you should try it once.

If you love Christmas, it will be worth it. The mix of Christmas and Disney is magical. It's so festive and fun. It is expensive, but we are doing it again this year. I just couldn't bare not going!:santa:

If you've watched the disney christmas parade on tv and your not in MK after the parties end, MVMCP is going to be your only chance to see it in person. For us, the holiday parade was a big deal. The free cookies and drinks this year has been great. normally it's the same cookie and hot chocolate in a bunch of places but this year each land has their own combination. It's not the trick or treating at the halloween parade, but it's adding a little more to the event.. I do enjoy the holiday music in the background, the holiday show, the holiday fireworks, snowing on main street but to be honest, that's about all it is. just a few different things and the christmas parade and some included in price cookies and holiday beverages..

This year it's a little more complicated as the price went up and it hit that "do I really want to go price range". I went already on the cheapest night and not planning to head back again at this time. If it was last years prices I would probably go 1 more time in december.

I would say do it once, especially if your there celebrating the holidays and its your only trip to do that. Don't do it if your in WDW after dec 22nd when all the things for the holidays except the cookies become the normal entertainment on a normal day ticket.

After everyones comments and checking the prices ($92 & $96) when we are there we have decided that the party is just not worth the money for us. We aren't into the characters have been to Disneyworld many times and ridden the rides many times. This was really a last minute budget trip because we have been to Disneyland and Disneyworld already this year.

I went for the first time on opening night this year. I didn't pay full price...got military discount tickets at $62. At that price, I'm glad I did it but the it was definitely a once and done for me. I didn't think it was that great. The stage show was laughably bad...the cookies were all disgusting and the parade was pretty boring. By comparison, I saw Disneyland's Christmas parade last weekend and it blew WDWs out of the water, and Disneyland doesn't charge extra to watch it...that and the holiday fireworks are "standard programming" at Disneyland throughout the season.

There wasn't even really much "Christmas" during the party. A couple themed light projections on rides, but that's it. It was not as themed as he Halloween party, for example.

I found it underwhelming in almost every way. With an hour left to go, we just did rides because there wasn't much else to do.

We've done the Christmas party twice (2005 and 2015) and the Halloween party once (2006). The only way it would be "worth it" to me would be if I were going on a short trip (say 3 nights, where I might buy a two day ticket, plus the MVMCP ticket so total ticket price wouldn't be much more than a 3 day ticket) AND we would stay up for the entire party. Otherwise, no, not worth it. We took DS when he was 8 and he was completely done before the fireworks even started. We then left right after that. The parade was super cute, but it certainly wasn't worth the price of the ticket. Particularly if you are there for a longer trip and you will be in MK for more than 2 days, there's really no point, IMHO, to go to the party.

We are staying at Universal for 4 days and have never been to WDW at Christmas. We haven't been to WDW since 2012 and my Mother has never been so we are REALLY excited to surprise all of them with tickets during our Universal stay. We aren't really interested in the meet and greets but we would all LOVE to ride the rides, watch Wishes and the Holiday parade. The decorations, music, holiday treats and snow on Main Street will be icing on the cake:santa: Now if we were already spending a week on Disney property I doubt we would spend the extra $625. I have such GREAT memories of our Halloween party night back in 2004 when my now teenagers were dressed up as Snow White, Cinderella and Lilo:love:

It's only worth it for my youngest son and me. This is our second year in a row going since our Dec trips revolve around something else (DCL, Universal) and we go on our long Disney trips with tickets over the summer. It allows the MK freaks in the family to get our fix over a few nights 'home' (AKL) without the full $1400 ticket investment my family of 4 requires. If I had already had that much invested in tickets for the Dec trip I would not feel the extra almost $400 would carry the ROI for us, especially when my family has Universal APs and most enjoy those parks more than Disney's.

If you've never been to mvmcp, I think it's worth it. I think everyone should experience mvmcp at least once.

We go every time and love it! Wonderful parade. I find the hot chocolate welcome when it's in the 40's, it can be very cold at WDW. My kids are dying to see Nick and Judy.

DD and I have been to WDW many, many times, but on last year's trip we went to MVMCP (not our first MVMCP visit). We felt that the party has lost a lot of its attraction over the years. There are many things they no longer include in the ticket price (no more photos, reduced number and WOW factor of shows)- not that these were "make or break" things, but it is hard to pay more and get less. Having said that... we enjoy the parade and the fireworks, and it's pretty sweet to be able to almost walk on most of the rides. It worked for us last year because we were on a short trip, and had purchased "buy 2, get 1 free" park hoppers through a special promotion at work. We used the MVMCP tickets as our MK day. It was a fun day; we slept in, had a 1:30pm lunch at The Wave, changed into our party shirts (I cut out Mickey heads from holiday fabrics and ironed them onto red tee-shirts, and we had reindeer antler headbands), and were at the MK gate by 3:30. I had FP+ for 4:20 (PP), 5:30 (BTMRR), and 6:30 (Splash), and we got a second ride on BTMRR and fit in HM, and then the party started at 7pm. It was fun and festive, and we rode on everything we wanted to with minimal wait. We thought the shows were lacking; they used to be held in actual theaters with seating, and were big productions. Last year the shows were on outside stages, with minimal theming, background, and no seating. Cookies and hot chocolate were mostly "sweet" flavor- too sweet to really be able to taste snicker doodle or chocolate. Last year's tickets were more reasonably priced than this year's, and made it reasonable for us to purchase them. This year, at this price, I probably would just add a MK day to my park ticket (if time allowed).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter