Is Moroccan food spicy?

BlueLagoon

Earning My Ears
On my next visit to Epcot, I'd like to eat at the Tangierine Cafe and my friend (whose never been there) told me to expect all Moroccan food to be spicy. For those of you who've eaten at Tangierine or Marrakesh, have you found that to be true there?

No, but to be fair I like my food really spicy so what others might consider spicy I probably wouldn't.

No,
Not really spicy at all
Tangierine is one of my fav QS and they have a yummy tangerine slushy type thing with or without alcohol (if you get it w//out alcohol ask for the non-alcohol cup because if you try to take alcohol out of the park: you can't:confused3)

It's not spiced any differently than any other Middle Eastern restaurant I've ever been to. Does your friend mean spicy as in hot or as in using spices? It's not hot but spices are used.

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I don't mind things being a little bit spicy but I'm bringing a friend with me on my next trip and wanted to make sure I knew what to tell her to expect.

It's not spiced any differently than any other Middle Eastern restaurant I've ever been to. Does your friend mean spicy as in hot or as in using spices? It's not hot but spices are used.

Ahh, that's a good point. I should've clarified! When people say spicy, I always assume they mean heat but you're right, they could've just meant flavor.

Well, there's 'spicy' and then there's 'seasoned'. I'd call the food at Marrakesh 'seasoned'. It's not hot-spicy, like jalapenos or something.

There are seasonings used that you might not find in typical American cooking, but nothing's overpowering.

Well, there's 'spicy' and then there's 'seasoned'. I'd call the food at Marrakesh 'seasoned'. It's not hot-spicy, like jalapenos or something.

There are seasonings used that you might not find in typical American cooking, but nothing's overpowering.

I agree. I cannot do spicy food but I love the food in Morocco.

It is not spicy at all, but they use many spices. cinnamon being one. The flavor is different from most food I've tried, but fell in love w/ it. Not sure if its in the budget, but I'd suggest going to the sit down & ordering off the menu for apps & dessert. It will cost about the same, but you'll get to enjoy the beautiful resturaunt. Even if you choose not to eat there, a look around is a MUST!

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I don't mind things being a little bit spicy but I'm bringing a friend with me on my next trip and wanted to make sure I knew what to tell her to expect.

Ahh, that's a good point. I should've clarified! When people say spicy, I always assume they mean heat but you're right, they could've just meant flavor.

We were hoping for more spicey atcually kind of disappointed, but that can be great for others.

I love Tangeriene Cafe. The shwarma platter is excellent.

Couldn't agree more. It's wonderful and we go there every trip. Morrocan food is flavored with spices but is not hot. Spicy shouldn't really be a synonym for hot but we in North America have all been trained that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter