is MNSSHP safe for peanut allergy kiddo?

tiggerstail

Earning My Ears
my son is allergic, of course he would not be able to eat the candy, but should I keep him away period?

This isn't technically a restaurant question if you're just asking about the candy they hand out, so I'm going to move it to Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies.

I would think you could just avoid getting candy - don't see why you'd need to skip the whole party. I don't see how it's any different than a regular day in the park in which people eat all kinds of snacks.

When we went last year, it seemed like all our candy was "peanut-free" for the most part--fruit flavored hard candy, smarties, etc. No chocolate bars at all. We wondered if peanut allergies were the reason for this, because we had heard about past years having Snickers, etc. I don't know how severe your allergy situation is, for example if you need to avoid anything processed in the same plant, but you might want to call WDW guest services and ask about this before assuming the candy is a no-go.

Oh, and the party is AWESOME! We loved it, and to be honest, did very little trick-or-treating--the spots are kind of out of the way, and not a major part of the night, in my opinion. It's my favorite WDW parade by far, and if you go, dress up. My daughter dressed as Tinkerbell and a CM asked for her autograph. So cute. I also recommend going on a weeknight if you can.

You should be fine! My cousin has a son with severe peanut allergies---they can't go on planes, she is VERY protective of him, and rightly so----and they went last year to the party with no problems and are going back again this year...so I wouldn't worry at all!

The candy is NOT peanut safe. It is all mixed togther in one big bin and some of the candy ends up out of the wrappers, etc. There were lots of candies with nuts. You can contact guest services at least 7 days prior to the party and they will provide you with a bag of allergy safe candy reserved just for you. It was a cute little bag with about 6 mini chocolate pumpkins inside. Not a huge bag like some people collect but enough to please someone. I would still do MNSSHP I would just stress the other stuff to him over the trick or treating which honestly had lots of lines anyway. I would also bring him some candy from home too though especially if you have other kids who might get candy because WDW has very few packaged candy items that don't contain a nut warning. I think there was only 1 item I could find at Goofy's candy co for example. They do carry Divvies allergy safe jelly beans on site usually at MK Main ST bakery but these you have to buy they aren't given out for the party.

Well last year we did get some peanut butter centered chocolate eyeballs.

I do know that they also offered a healthy snack option I believe their were raisins.

Also like said above ~ smarties, gummy candy (hamburgers and hotdogs) plus the dance party is fun, the fireworks.

Carry his epipen and have fun!!

My youngest has a bad berry allergy and we carry one with us. You just never know.

I have a peanut allergy kid too. We went 2 years ago and though I can't tell you exactly what was handed out, I don't remember having to throw any out because there was a chance of peanuts in it.

Here is our haul from last year. Well most of it! ;)

Iphone%20196.jpg

The candy is NOT peanut free! They are very nice about it, and if your child is not that sensitive, you can pick through the candy, but the year we went, they were handing out (among other peanut candy), peanut filled Hershey's Kisses (that our peanut allergic child ate!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter