Is Mickey a Captain or a Jedi? Both! - May '15 Land & Sea ~ Updated 6/14: Trip Report Started!

Also, with the asking if she wants it, my thinking was Doesn't Want It = Will Refuse to Wear It = Wasted $$$. :teacher: :lmao:
Probably good logic!
And then she will be "sad" and :sad: At least that's what I'm worried about.
But at least you will be in Disney World, home of the best "Oooh Look over there Izzy!":rotfl: If you don't give the tears much attention and divert focus to other things they will forget quickly. ::yes::
:scared1: I hope she changes her tune once you're there. We had a terrible meet with Anna & Elsa last June, as Izzy decided they were to be feared. :confused3 She was screaming and crying the whole time. :eek: I bet Little Miss will forget that she said that. :goodvibes
She already has! Saw a Disney World commercial on Disney Junior yesterday and was able to get her excited for all the things we will do. Anna and Elsa among them. She actually pointed them out herself and asked. :thumbsup2
She’s much happier when she’s well-rested.
::yes:: Little MIss as well.
He said that I just need to keep drinking lots of water and could take some Mucinex to help clear it out – so I tried that, not sure if it’s helping, but I do feel a bit better tonight.

I don’t normally buy mac and cheese (though I did have a period of my young life where I survived on Kraft Spiral Mac & Cheese), but I had to get one – too cute! So, I made that tonight, along with Kielbasa “light sabers” and “Endor trees” (broccoli).
:thumbsup2 Such a great Idea for a meal! Wish we could have done something like that but with my eating restrictions due to this tooth thing we were lucky to get anything on the table! :rotfl:

Because, apparently, by “big hot dogs” she meant “corn dogs”. Oops, toddler translation fail. :sad2:
:headache: Uh oh!
She actually did end up eating everything (even the broccoli) willingly, though. Win!
:cheer2: Big toddler win! Promising one food and then giving something else can potentially cause wwIII to break out in toddler world! ::yes::

Well I'm glad you went to see the doc, and the prescription was "water" - hopefully you'll feel better in no time! At least you do still have over a week to get over it! Glad you got the ressie you wanted and that is neat about characterpalooza, hopefully at the ToT exit you'll have better luck!

Izzy sure has an attitude going on huh! Love her "later". Aria keeps saying "I just have to go to sleep and when we wake up we are going to Disney, right??" And I have to remind her Friday and then go over the days of the week again. We don't have a countdown chain going this time, but your MB idea was a great one btw!

I actually have explained that to Izzy a few times already - we can't always have what we want when we want it. And it's okay, we all are okay. Etc.
Reminds me of something they taught Olivia at pre-school and we often use as well: "You get what you get and you don't get upset" - seems to work at least some times

Dug discovered that saying, “Do you want to take a minute to think about [thing that’s making you sad]?”
Wow, good job out of Dug and keeping his cool ... I'll have to remember that to try!

Thank goodness this is done! I hope there’s nothing else to book – we leave in 10 days!
10 whole days! Tons of time for Disney to change things .... heck, it's Star Wars weekend, Disney could change the whole thing around in 18-parsecs! ;)

Glad that they did open up ADRs for the Rebel Hanger and you did get the time you wanted. Have they released any more details about what it actually is or is everyone just grabbing ADRs without knowing?

Glad you did go see the doctor and that it wasn't anything more severe - hope you continue to feel better!

have you ever seen the video of them making Star Wars pancakes? It's pretty cool:

and there is also one where they use a 3D pancake printer to make R2D2:

Yesterday was so crazy with all the Rebel Hangar stuff. I am happy you got your preferred time. I got two unhelpful CMs before I got a good one but got a bad time. Thankfully, my TA came through with the perfect time later in the day. I totally understand the toddler woes. My ds2 will say I want hotdogs and then when you give them to him and freaks out and says I DON'T want hot dogs! Get it together kid :rotfl2:. It seems like you have a good head about it though and really that's all you can do. I love the pillowcase that is an adorable idea an so continent to have them sign it by dropping it off. Another cute video of Izzy, we have frequent meltdowns about Mickey Mouse Clubhouse here too ::MickeyMo. Hope you start to feel better.

Slowly catching back up on ptr/TRs, man did I ever fall behind!:scared1:

I totally understand what you are saying about izzy! It seems to me the closer you get to three the more of a challenge they become. I really believe it's because and they are becoming their own person at this time. But rest assured the closer you get to four the better it gets, unless your bring home a new baby, in which case the whole process starts over and the three year old loses all listening skills whatsoever!:scared1:

Love the Magic band countdown chain! That is awesome!

Wow - lots of fun updates!

I'm glad you are starting to feel better! I do find it frustrating when it's a virus and all it takes is time and medicine for the symptoms. An antibiotic seems much easier - if only they worked on everything!

I love the pillowcase! That will be a great keepsake!

So happy everything worked out with the Rebel Hangar and Characterpalooza!

Fun Star Wars dinner! But strangely enough, we had the same exact dinner last night. Kielbasa, mac and cheese, but green beans instead. I didn't think to make up cool Star Wars names for us but we did watch all of the LEGO Star Wars movies we have (the boys haven't seen the real thing yet).

Good thing you opened that envelope! :thumbsup2

More Magic Bands! :cool1:

I have to say- I was at my wits end with my 2 year old today, then read your PTR, and realized it HAS to be the age. I just hope they grow out of it soon!

We lived parallel lives this weekend- we went to "our" outlet mall on the other side of the cities from you :), and also hit up the Stride Rite sale. We also have that rocket plate, and had to try the Star Wars mac 'n' cheese.

I'm so glad you got a reservation for the SW lounge! Your trip is so close!

Okay I just got caught up! I'm so excited your trip is coming up and I can't wait to meet up with you! :)

Probably good logic!
Just didn't want to buy them and have her refuse to ever wear them.

But at least you will be in Disney World, home of the best "Oooh Look over there Izzy!":rotfl: If you don't give the tears much attention and divert focus to other things they will forget quickly. ::yes::
I am hoping that will work for us! pixiedust:

She already has! Saw a Disney World commercial on Disney Junior yesterday and was able to get her excited for all the things we will do. Anna and Elsa among them. She actually pointed them out herself and asked. :thumbsup2
Oh, good, I'm glad she's excited to meet them again! :goodvibes

::yes:: Little MIss as well.
The days where she loses her mind often are almost always the days with too little sleep the night before.

:thumbsup2 Such a great Idea for a meal! Wish we could have done something like that but with my eating restrictions due to this tooth thing we were lucky to get anything on the table! :rotfl:
I'm impressed you managed to keep eating with that limited diet! So glad you got the okay to enjoy Disney food! :cool1:

Clearly, I don't understand hot dog varieties the way she does. :confused3

:cheer2: Big toddler win! Promising one food and then giving something else can potentially cause wwIII to break out in toddler world! ::yes::
I think I was lucky that she likes kielbasa and eventually remembered that while it was sitting in front of her. ::yes::

Well I'm glad you went to see the doc, and the prescription was "water" - hopefully you'll feel better in no time! At least you do still have over a week to get over it!
I hope it's gone soon. I'm feeling more hopeful today that I'm on the upswing. Still tired, but had a bit more energy. I think my throat is just destroyed from all the coughing, though - so painful!

Glad you got the ressie you wanted and that is neat about characterpalooza, hopefully at the ToT exit you'll have better luck!
I'm hoping - I know that you didn't have the best experience in the other location, but I remember people saying the ToT location was better - hoping so!

Izzy sure has an attitude going on huh! Love her "later". Aria keeps saying "I just have to go to sleep and when we wake up we are going to Disney, right??" And I have to remind her Friday and then go over the days of the week again. We don't have a countdown chain going this time, but your MB idea was a great one btw!
Thanks! Funny, they are opposites on the time thing. I'm all worried that Izzy's not going to want to go on the day we leave and you're trying to convince Aria that she has to wait to the day you're leaving. :rotfl2: Izzy uses "later" often, or sometimes, "tomorrow" - she is a very good procrastinator already.

Reminds me of something they taught Olivia at pre-school and we often use as well: "You get what you get and you don't get upset" - seems to work at least some times
Makes sense! :thumbsup2

Wow, good job out of Dug and keeping his cool ... I'll have to remember that to try!
Glad he came up with something that helped her a bit. ::yes::

10 whole days! Tons of time for Disney to change things .... heck, it's Star Wars weekend, Disney could change the whole thing around in 18-parsecs! ;)
:lmao: I'm sure I'll have to completely re-do our schedule, FP+, and ADRs multiple times between now and departure day. :rotfl2:

Glad that they did open up ADRs for the Rebel Hanger and you did get the time you wanted. Have they released any more details about what it actually is or is everyone just grabbing ADRs without knowing?
As you saw earlier, there is some detail out and it looks good! Nobody really knows if there will be characters and how much each item is, but the menu looks great!

Glad you did go see the doctor and that it wasn't anything more severe - hope you continue to feel better!
Thanks, I hope so too!

have you ever seen the video of them making Star Wars pancakes? It's pretty cool:
That's awesome! They are pancake artists - wow!

and there is also one where they use a 3D pancake printer to make R2D2:
That's just crazy! :eek:

Yesterday was so crazy with all the Rebel Hangar stuff. I am happy you got your preferred time. I got two unhelpful CMs before I got a good one but got a bad time. Thankfully, my TA came through with the perfect time later in the day.
So glad your TA came through! :thumbsup2

I totally understand the toddler woes. My ds2 will say I want hotdogs and then when you give them to him and freaks out and says I DON'T want hot dogs! Get it together kid :rotfl2:. It seems like you have a good head about it though and really that's all you can do.
That is the craziest thing! :confused3 Izzy does that too. You give her exactly what she wants and THAT causes a meltdown. :rotfl2:

I love the pillowcase that is an adorable idea an so continent to have them sign it by dropping it off.
I'm excited to see the signed version. :hyper: I think Izzy will love it.

Another cute video of Izzy, we have frequent meltdowns about Mickey Mouse Clubhouse here too ::MickeyMo.
Glad we're not the only ones. I was working late tonight, but Dug said this evening's meltdown was over Jake and the Neverland Pirates, so I guess she's branching out. :rotfl:

Hope you start to feel better.
Thanks, I hope so too!

Slowly catching back up on ptr/TRs, man did I ever fall behind!:scared1:
Oh, I'm sure! I haven't been keeping up as well over the last week, being sick, and I'm beginning to feel hopelessly behind. Between being sick and the trip coming soon, I've gotta choose sleep over the DIS more often than normal. :rotfl:

I totally understand what you are saying about izzy! It seems to me the closer you get to three the more of a challenge they become. I really believe it's because and they are becoming their own person at this time. But rest assured the closer you get to four the better it gets, unless your bring home a new baby, in which case the whole process starts over and the three year old loses all listening skills whatsoever!:scared1:
Oh, no! Sorry to hear that Charlotte is regressing a bit. :eek: I hope things get better quick for you. I totally agree that it's all about becoming an independent person and asserting that independence and testing their limits. It just gets exhausting and ridiculous sometimes, though. :faint:

Love the Magic band countdown chain! That is awesome!
Thanks! Easy to make too! :rotfl:

Wow - lots of fun updates!
Thanks - I keep thinking of things I want to share. :goodvibes

I'm glad you are starting to feel better! I do find it frustrating when it's a virus and all it takes is time and medicine for the symptoms. An antibiotic seems much easier - if only they worked on everything!
I just wish this would go away quicker. But I don't really want to be stuck on an antibiotic either. I don't know. I guess, on the bright side, I don't have stomach issues like I did in Hawaii - so can hopefully enjoy all my Disney Dining!

I love the pillowcase! That will be a great keepsake!
Thanks, I love it!

So happy everything worked out with the Rebel Hangar and Characterpalooza!
Me too!

Fun Star Wars dinner! But strangely enough, we had the same exact dinner last night. Kielbasa, mac and cheese, but green beans instead. I didn't think to make up cool Star Wars names for us but we did watch all of the LEGO Star Wars movies we have (the boys haven't seen the real thing yet).
Oh, how funny! Great minds! :goodvibes I really only thought up Star Wars names for what we were going to have anyway. The mac and cheese was already Star Wars, kielbasa looked reasonably like light sabers, and broccoli looks like little trees, so I asked Dug what SW planet had trees and he said a couple, but that Endor was easiest to spell, so I went with that. :rotfl2:

Good thing you opened that envelope! :thumbsup2
So glad! ::yes::

More Magic Bands! :cool1:
I can't believe we've got 15 of them now. :faint:

I have to say- I was at my wits end with my 2 year old today, then read your PTR, and realized it HAS to be the age. I just hope they grow out of it soon!
I hope so too (and good to know it's not just Izzy). I was so used to a sweet, agreeable kid and now she's, well, difficult at times.

We lived parallel lives this weekend- we went to "our" outlet mall on the other side of the cities from you :), and also hit up the Stride Rite sale. We also have that rocket plate, and had to try the Star Wars mac 'n' cheese.
Oh, wow, how crazy is that?! :eek: I love it! :thumbsup2

I'm so glad you got a reservation for the SW lounge! Your trip is so close!
Me too and it sure is!

Okay I just got caught up! I'm so excited your trip is coming up and I can't wait to meet up with you! :)
Hey, glad you made it! We leave so soon! Can't wait to meet you! :goodvibes

DISmeets

So, there are a whole bunch of DISers ascending on WDW this month. :faint: I've done my best to identify possible DISmeets during our trip. It's pretty crazy to me how big this list is - I've only met a couple of other DISers before, so this is all new to me. I'm not like some of those super-popular DISers that have random fans approach them in the parks (like Danielle and Rob :rolleyes1). Unless I'm forgetting someone (and if I am, sorry! :flower3:), we met a DIS-friend (gellybean - not active anymore) back in 2010 and I took a trip with DISer Imagineer5 (Lauren). Otherwise, we've only had non-DISmeets with people we knew in real life that happened to be there at the same time. And that's great too, of course. :thumbsup2

So, here's what I've got in my notes for possible meets. Feel free to correct me if I've mixed things up or something has changed. It's hard enough for me to keep track of myself, so I could be wrong on everyone else's schedules. Here's what I've got:

@Gracefulskinny Possibly will both be in Epcot during the later part of 5/14. Her last full day and our arrival day. She may end up in MK instead, depending on how their trip has gone.

@ashw100 Will both be doing the "Chewie Run" (along with many other DISers) first thing in the morning of 5/15 at DHS (first day of SWW). So, maybe we'll see each other in that line.

@Imagineer5 Will meet up on 5/15 later afternoon in Epcot. Dug will come over from DHS when his shows are done. Maybe do some rides (Donald's Boat, etc.) together after the girls wake from naps. If we didn't catch Illuminations 5/14, I believe they are seeing it this night, so we could potentially do that together. The next night, 5/16, we have a dinner ADR together at T-Rex in Downtown Disney. Can't wait! This is towards the end of their trip, so I think that's the only overlap we will have.

@StephanieE Will both probably be in Downtown Disney on 5/16 afternoon/evening, though she might go back to enjoy the Poly. :cloud9: Unless she changes it, we also have ADRs for lunch at the same time at 50's Prime Time on 5/17, so could see each other in the "living room."

@Tracy161 Late nights in the MK! I'm staying late there solo on 5/17 and she will have just arrived. We also probably will both be at the 24-hour day late night and could meet up there. I'm not sure if she'll be around when Dug & Izzy are with me or if it's just my solo time. I mean, not that I'm not fun to meet ( :blush: ), but Izzy's the real entertainment. :rotfl:

@SimplyGoofy They arrive on the 23rd, I believe, and have a lunch at Beaches & Cream on the 24th - as do we! :hyper: In a small place like that, I think we should be able to spot each other. :wave2: I can't remember if we have any other overlap in our plans, but I think this may be it?

@IheartDDuck There for Memorial Day Weekend and we have multiple overlaps in our schedules. Both will be at the 24-hour MK day. They are getting there early and leaving for a break around noon. We get off the Disney Dream this morning and won't arrive until midday (lunch at LTT at 11:55am), so we could cross paths at that point. However, they'll be back late evening and I'll be around very late evening, so that's another option - I'm sure they'd be a blast to hang out with in the middle of the night in the MK. :cool1: We'll also overlap in DHS on the morning of the 23rd (our package day) and the evening of the 24th (their package day). Plus, we both have Jedi Mickey's that night about 1 hour apart, so could cross again there.

There are also a few others who posted earlier on in this PTR with overlapping dates, but I haven't seen around lately: @sock2you @Tinker326 @jesemeca If any of you see some overlap and want to say hi, let me know. Otherwise, maybe we'll just see each other around. :goodvibes

I am also looking forward to meeting Mamadragona (not tagging her, don't want to ruin the Fish Extender gifts :rotfl:): she is active on the SWW thread and our cruise thread - will be doing a similar trip to us. She also is the one who organized the DIS-group private Mixology class on the Dream for us. :drinking1 She's promised to tell us about her SWW package & Rebel Hangar ADR (weekend before the cruise) so we'll know what to expect for ours (weekend after the cruise). :thumbsup2

One other person I really want to meet is yulilin3 (Julie). She is the person that runs the amazing SWW thread that I have to thank for basically all the Star Wars-related ADRs and FP+ and FtF packages that I have. :goodvibes She has run a very helpful, responsive, and kind thread and I'd like to thank her for her efforts. It's upbeat and fun to read. And every question I've asked has been quickly answered, often by her. She deserves a lot of :thanks:s during SWW!

Final thing is that Dug has some folks he hopes to meet. He is in a friend's Xbox group and plays regularly with the same guys. Two of them (friends of his friend) live in the Orlando area and at least one of them has a WDW AP and is a fan. He also has a co-worker that lives in Orlando and he'd like to meet her too. We're thinking maybe Downtown Disney for these meets, but could be elsewhere. We'll see.

For you DISers that overlap with us, feel free to reach out to me via PM to share contact info/how to keep in touch. If you want to be able to text when we're nearby or something, I'm fine with that. Or else I will probably check the DIS periodically and look for PMs. Realize that I might be in my own little world and not even realize I'm walking past you (I do that sort of thing :rotfl:), so feel free to stop me and say hi. :wave:

If I've missed anyone or you're lurking here, just let me know. Would love to meet DIS-friends. :goodvibes See ya real soon! :wave2:

DISmeets

So, there are a whole bunch of DISers ascending on WDW this month. :faint: I've done my best to identify possible DISmeets during our trip. It's pretty crazy to me how big this list is - I've only met a couple of other DISers before, so this is all new to me. I'm not like some of those super-popular DISers that have random fans approach them in the parks

"One other person I really want to meet is yulilin3 (Julie). She is the person that runs the amazing SWW thread that I have to thank "

If I've missed anyone or you're lurking here, just let me know. Would love to meet DIS-friends. :goodvibes See ya real soon! :wave2:

Oh I think you underestimate yourself-I wouldn't be surprised if you're approached by a LOT of people in the park, especially this trip!!! I originally found you while researching(read:dreaming) of Aulani and being so envious of your AMAZING 1st class airfare!! I have been a loooong and avid reader of your trip reports ( Captain Oblivious is another of my favorites) . I have read all of your pre&trip reports. My DS10 is always looking over my shoulder while I'm reading and asking if I'm "reading about that baby again...what's that baby girl up to these days...and oh it's those 3kids again, where are they now(Oblivious, pre-Drew)" . At this point I think he knows more about your trips than our own families :rotfl2:!! Just as well MOST of OUR family doesn't understand our frequent Disney trips! I've been saying for a few years that we would go to a Star Wars Weekend, and this year is it... we will be there May 21-26, and I think we have several overlapping
Parks, portion of meals etc. My DS10(looks as tall as 13) has Eagle eyes, so don't be shocked if he spots you and says"there's that Izzy and her Dug family" :dogdance: :rotfl: We are staying at the Yacht Club, so we may see you on your Stormalong Bay day, and we have dozens of horded ADRs that I'm trying to figure out still....I'm not sure there is time for a meal on the 4 show SWW days...??!! No APs this trip, so we plan on HS Friday for our Deluxe Premium FTW, then onto the 24 MK night/early am. No parks on Saturday, I'm in awe that your doing the FTF directly after 24MK :scared1:
I thought I had most everything kinda figured out til I realized that my H&V Jedi meals overlapped with either Warwick Davis or the Obi One show :eek:
Add in the Rebel Lounge frenzy yesterday....I.have.no.idea.where.i.am.at! Oh ya, my mother decided to join us, and many of my resos are for 2 not 3 ...oh well it will all come together, I hope o_O

OMG Yulilin is AMAZING :worship: !! I hope I get a chance to meet her & thank her on that SWW II Sunday....I have NEVER had a more complicated trip to plan and could never have known or been afforded so many great opportunities, if not for her fabulous thread!! I am also amazed at how helpful, and non snarky everyone has been on that thread....so positive & helpful!!

I'm sure we will be seeing you in passing several times this trip....Izzy is a celebrity in her own right, so don't be surprised if people are calling out to you guys both weekends...it ll be great to see you in person!! Have a great trip....you will LOVE the cruise:sail: ! We did a trans Atlantic a few years ago....Heaven, 14 days on the Magic!!

Sorry I still stink at isolating reply quotes from a bigger quote :sad2:

EDIT....SO SORRY...YOU WILL NEED TO CLICK TO EXPAND ABOVE TO READ MOST OF MY REPLY...I WASNT KIDDING WHEN I SAID I STUNK AT ISOLATING QUOTES...Oh dear :worried:

EDIT TO MY EDIT :rotfl: I FIXED MY QUOTE DEBACLE FROM ABOVE...ALTHOUGH NOT THE CORRECT WAY...NO NEED TO CLICK AND EXPAND...I REALLY NEED TO UP MY SKILL SET HERE:crazy2:

Last edited:
I would say you have quite a few DIS meets lined up! Sometimes its hard to keep them all straight, but I have full confidence that you will manage! ::yes:: I think May is a great time to visit because you are almost certain to overlap with other people. I am going in August and I don't think I know one other DISer who I overlap with (except for 2 wonderful DISers who happen to live there year round:thumbsup2).

Yay! I am so excited for a possible DISmeet. Your TR from 2011 was one of the first ones I read when I joined the DIS last year and when I pretty much just lurked:blush:. I'll PM with you with my details since I probably won't be on the DIS next week and that is what I have done with others I am hoping to meet. See ya real soon :banana:

Wow - that is great you have so many potential DISmeets ... plus I am sure there will be a ton of Izzy's fans that come out of the woodwork and want some autographs, etc. We need Kenny the Pirate to start tracking DISers so we know where each other are at all times :rotfl2:

One of these trips I am sure ours will overlap (too bad we are off just a bit for Disneyland in the fall).

She has run a very helpful, responsive, and kind thread and I'd like to thank her for her efforts. It's upbeat and fun to read.
... wait a minute! This is the internet! There is no room for that! Where will all the snark fit?!?!?!?!?

In all seriousness that is great that she ran such an awesome thread and that it was kept positive and up beat - I am sure with all the changes Disney did it would be easy for people to get grouchy and snarky about it

@SimplyGoofy They arrive on the 23rd, I believe, and have a lunch at Beaches & Cream on the 24th - as do we! :hyper: In a small place like that, I think we should be able to spot each other. :wave2: I can't remember if we have any other overlap in our plans, but I think this may be it?

Yes, we arrive on the 23rd and should be at the restaurant about 30 minutes after you. :hyper: Please feel free to either wave us over when it's convenient or stop by when you're done - I don't want to interrupt a toddler's lunch time and we're pretty flexible. :-) I'm really looking forward to meeting you and your family!

I believe that's our only overlap - we head off to Universal after our Beaches and Cream lunch and you head home before we go back to Disney World. I'm thrilled that we'll have a great shot at meeting despite the fact we're not stepping foot into a park until May 27th!

It sounds like a great list of potential DIS meets! Even if you just have time for a quick hi it will be fun to see everyone after reading so many PTRs/TRs!

First off, I was going to go buy dominoes, word find books, and stickers today. And that was when I realized the dominoes were a $3 item and not labeled properly :headache:

Good decision.

For those making bets, I have not yet purchased any additional shirts for the trip. :rotfl2: However, Kohl’s sent me $5 today (their new rewards program, I guess) and JC Penney’s sent me a $10 off $10 coupon (i.e. – free) today (and they carry Star Wars tees :darth:), so I may be picking up a few more things for free/cheap. :rolleyes1

I'm waiting for some purchases to happen, I still have time to win! :rotfl2:

Then it dawned on me – we have a giant pile of Magic Bands and they would be easy to link together! :scratchin So, I present to you, the Non-Crafty Person’s WDW Countdown Chain :rotfl2::

Love this idea! Good thinkin :thumbsup2

IMG_3956_zpsbhlhqx7f.jpg

I think the Toy Story shirt with this white skirt would look cute actually if she doesn't end up wearing the skirt with her other shirt that day!

I’m actually a bit nervous about our upcoming trip with her in this stage. :scared: I mean, I’ve taken three Disney trips (and several non-Disney trips) with a toddler, so you would think I wouldn’t be concerned…but this is new.

I think you're super patient and have made it through so many trips with her already, including solo! With Dug's help, i'm sure you guys will do just great! :goodvibes

Uh, hello hair!!! Where did all that come from! :hyper:

I had brought her new travel potty seat, but we didn’t even need it

Would you mind sharing the name? We're going to be going on a road trip in June driving up to Seattle, so I'm thinking we're going to need something. Is it Potette or something like that?

Izzy: “No! No, I don’t need it, sorry!”

Uh Izzy, don't you know I have a bet to win, you're supposed to be on my side! :rotfl: On another note, I just love her responses :rotfl2:

(Oh, notice that it was like 78 degrees out and my child was insistent on wearing boots and a warm jacket – hoping I can convince her to do without on our trip :rotfl2:).

Why is that something I would wear in the 70's :lmao:

I love these! Love the 'crown' straps.

(click to watch)

She's just too fantastic!

(click to watch)

:lmao::rotfl:

This day started off with a bang. Got a 6am text from our daycare provider that she would be closed for the day. :scared: Thankfully, we have a back-up care center provided as a benefit through my work and they were able to get Izzy in today. :thumbsup2 Turns out that our daycare provider’s husband was in the hospital with chest pains. :eek: Fortunately, his tests today all came out fine and he is back home and doing well. :goodvibes Very scary start to the day.

Yikes that is scary. And i've always wondered about what happens if the daycare would ever be closed due to illness. Good thing you had a backup.

So, I walked over to the clinic in Target HQ (yes, there is a full medical clinic there) and asked for an appointment.

That is super convenient!

I finally got it working. I got us 7:45pm on our package day, which is what we wanted! (I may also have hoarded a couple of alternative options :rolleyes1 just to run by Dug, but this one will probably stick).

Very cool!!

Super cute!

I’m sure glad I opened it, as inside was this:

Woah! Thank goodness you decided to look.

I don’t normally buy mac and cheese (though I did have a period of my young life where I survived on Kraft Spiral Mac & Cheese), but I had to get one – too cute! So, I made that tonight, along with Kielbasa “light sabers” and “Endor trees” (broccoli). And, of course, the only picture I took is blurry:

Love the names! Endor trees is great!

@Gracefulskinny Possibly will both be in Epcot during the later part of 5/14. Her last full day and our arrival day. She may end up in MK instead, depending on how their trip has gone.

@ashw100 Will both be doing the "Chewie Run" (along with many other DISers) first thing in the morning of 5/15 at DHS (first day of SWW). So, maybe we'll see each other in that line.

@Imagineer5 Will meet up on 5/15 later afternoon in Epcot. Dug will come over from DHS when his shows are done. Maybe do some rides (Donald's Boat, etc.) together after the girls wake from naps. If we didn't catch Illuminations 5/14, I believe they are seeing it this night, so we could potentially do that together. The next night, 5/16, we have a dinner ADR together at T-Rex in Downtown Disney. Can't wait! This is towards the end of their trip, so I think that's the only overlap we will have.

@StephanieE Will both probably be in Downtown Disney on 5/16 afternoon/evening, though she might go back to enjoy the Poly. :cloud9: Unless she changes it, we also have ADRs for lunch at the same time at 50's Prime Time on 5/17, so could see each other in the "living room."

@Tracy161 Late nights in the MK! I'm staying late there solo on 5/17 and she will have just arrived. We also probably will both be at the 24-hour day late night and could meet up there. I'm not sure if she'll be around when Dug & Izzy are with me or if it's just my solo time. I mean, not that I'm not fun to meet ( :blush: ), but Izzy's the real entertainment. :rotfl:

@IheartDDuck There for Memorial Day Weekend and we have multiple overlaps in our schedules. Both will be at the 24-hour MK day. They are getting there early and leaving for a break around noon. We get off the Disney Dream this morning and won't arrive until midday (lunch at LTT at 11:55am), so we could cross paths at that point. However, they'll be back late evening and I'll be around very late evening, so that's another option - I'm sure they'd be a blast to hang out with in the middle of the night in the MK. :cool1: We'll also overlap in DHS on the morning of the 23rd (our package day) and the evening of the 24th (their package day). Plus, we both have Jedi Mickey's that night about 1 hour apart, so could cross again there.

There are also a few others who posted earlier on in this PTR with overlapping dates, but I haven't seen around lately: @sock2you @Tinker326 @jesemeca If any of you see some overlap and want to say hi, let me know. Otherwise, maybe we'll just see each other around. :goodvibes

Holy DIS meets!!! :worship: If there was an award, i'm sure you'd win one for most DIS meets in a trip. Will be fun to see how many you get!

!

We may end up at Epcot and the Poly on the 16th now but I'm thinking of going to the MK late as they are open until 2am! Who knows what we'll end up doing that day. I do have a Beaches and Cream ADR but otherwise we are going to try to decide on the fly! But it looks like my 50's Prime Time is gonna stay! So I'm sure we'll see you there! I'll send you my info and a picture so that we have better odds of saying hi! :wave:

I know others find great Disney shirts at Hot Topic, but I haven't ventured in there. I'm cheap. :teacher: :rotfl2:

I went to the mall today for a haircut (which I may hate :crazy2:) and stopped into our Hot Topic. The whole store was on sale!!!! Most things were Buy One, Get One for 50% off and then they have their own version of Kohl's cash which gives you $15 for every $30 you spend. I was able to pick up some really cute accessories and a T-shirt for my hubby. I also went to the Disney Store and grabbed a few shirts for myself. I think I'm addicted to shopping - especially when it comes to Disney stuff!

Keep an eye out tomorrow morning. There's talk it may be released for booking as early as 6am. But who knows. :confused3

I was able to get the perfect time slot thanks to you and everyone else in the SWW thread! It fit into the exact hour that I planned to drop by when I thought it was just quick service. Woo! This is going to be a day of food for sure!!!!! But it will be food shaped like Yoda! :yoda:

I still have several I haven't cancelled - what day are you looking for?

I'm primarily looking for the 17th but something that can be over with by 8:30. I was able to pick up one that might work but still looking for something a little bit earlier. If I can book the dinner that day, then we'll only need to go back to HS for the breakfast which would be on our last day.

It looks super fun! You're staying at the Poly, right? I hope you can make some time to hang out there. :cloud9:

I'm so excited just to see some of what the Poly has to offer. I wish we were staying much longer so we'd have time to explore everything! But it just means that we need more trips in the future! We are definitely going to check the wait times at Trader Sam's and see if we can fit it in. Hopefully the wait will be low the whole week and we can both get in there! :rolleyes1

Really?! I never knew that. Wow! I can't remember - are you staying Club Level? If so, maybe the concierge can get you in there (not sure if he's still there, but Lawrence was the BEST concierge we had in 2010).

We are staying Club Level.... for one night! Every day I think about calling and figuring out the cost to make all of our stay Club Level but I don't think I can justify the money. I know it will be REALLY nice but it's a lot more per night. Also, I had NO idea that you could do take out from Ohana either until I read it on the Poly thread. No reservations are available during our stay so it seems like a great way to experience the meal anyway! Plus, many people felt that one order is actually enough for 2 people so it is a huge savings! :thumbsup2

Hopefully Lawrence will still be there!

I can't believe that I'm down to 8 days left! Time is flying by!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter