Is Mickey a Captain or a Jedi? Both! - May '15 Land & Sea ~ Updated 6/14: Trip Report Started!

Thanks, this is the best self-help group ever. :rotfl2:
:rotfl: I try! :thumbsup2

then walk over to Epcot.
We should be in Epcot that evening as well! Fun stuff!:hyper:

When Izzy wakes up, we have a FP+ for the Character Spot from 4:30-5:20pm (our times are 10 minutes off from each other, so that’s the overlap). After that, we’re hoping to get in the Disney Visa meet too. Why not go character crazy right away? :confused3
Sounds like a good plan to me!

We don’t have a FP+, as it’s a Tier 1
Living with the Land is a Tier 1:confused3

Last summer, we noticed that the Rider Swaps were good for the rest of the month. I’m not sure if that’s still the case?
Really? Hmmmm Might be worth investigating.

Hoping Izzy will stroller nap during this time
I have never been able to get little miss to do this. I'm slightly envious of those that do.
I really wish there was a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse play structure in one of the parks, though. :idea:
OMG! Yes! That would be amazing!

Your FP plans made me realize I need to look into splitting up our FPs for the big rides too (assuming I'll be able to ride them!). Your daily plans look fantastic and jam packed!! Going to be a super fun few days before the cruise. I am so glad you're going to be in EPCOT that afternoon (and can't wait to meet Dug!) and our DTD evening should be fun too. IDK what time we'll get there after Universal, but hopefully early enough to do a little shopping! After dinner we'll probably head to Disney Quest for a bit since our tickets include entrance into there.

I love your plans! It sounds like you'll be getting in lots of Epcot and HS time!

I love your idea of a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse play area - how great would a big clubhouse and slide be??

I'm interested to hear your reviews of Garden Grill and TRex - those are on my maybe list for next trip!

Plans are really shaping up for this trip!
I love that you are an ADRaholic! Me too! It really is a sickness! This will be in my next update, but we are adding a garden grill too! Just can't pass it up!:rotfl: Oh well that is part of the fun.

I really think they need to release the details about SWW. That would make you plans so much easier.

Pirates will be down for refurb all summer

I had read that and thought how crazy to be down all Summer. This is such a popular ride and for it to be down during one of the busiest times is nuts.

In today’s episode of ADR Hoarders, we meet “Dugette”. She has a problem. She can’t help but browse for ADRs in MDE, despite already having more ADRs than she can handle. When she finds a “coveted” one, she MUST.HAVE.IT. Her collection is now overflowing her ADR shelves and draining her bank account. But she forges on, snatching up every desirable ADR she sees… :rotfl2:

:rotfl2::lmao:

We also changed a lot of ADRs. Because, of course.

Of course:cool2:

We may now be eating in 3 castles within two days. :rolleyes1

Cool! :banana:

Warm Peanut Butter Brownies that I saw on the Disney Food Blog.

Ugh, drooling. Please do not skip!

Living With the Land. We don’t have a FP+, as it’s a Tier 1 (crazy)

Is it really? I had no idea.

Friday, May 15th

Okay this day is jammed packed with stuff. This is like a 12+ hour day for you! :hyper:

Then we have a dinner ADR for 5pm at T-Rex

That should be lots of fun! Have only had a drink at the bar back in 2010 but it looked really cool and something i'm sure Izzy would enjoy.

I get my late EMH during our after-cruise portion of the trip.

You better! ::yes::

I really wish there was a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse play structure in one of the parks, though.

I really think you should work for Disney, you come up with the best ideas!

The plans look like they're coming together great!

After that, we head into The Land for a good chunk of our night. First up is our final FP+, which is for Soarin’ from 6:25-7:25pm. Again, we just have one and will utilize Rider Swap.
I just want to give a word of caution... When we were there, we got FP+ for the entire group, even if we planned to use Rider Swap just to keep things simple. Most of the time, only the person who rode first needed to scan their band, but we did have a couple of rides where the CM made everyone scan their bands before they gave us the RS passes. I know 7DMT was one of the rides and I think the other might have been BTMRR. The second time we rode 7DMT we didn't all have to scan so I really think it depends on the CM. It might not be a problem for you, but I just wanted to give you a heads up.

I think she’ll get a kick out of this. I really wish there was a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse play structure in one of the parks, though. :idea:
That is a great idea! Kids would love that. And it would probably seem a lot more significant and cooler to them than the old Toontown houses since it is more relevant to them.

Glad you mentioned that you will have your solo time post-cruise as I was thinking you did a pretty terrible job with all the planning as only Dug seems to get solo time :rotfl2:
Haha, I know it looks bad! :rotfl: But don't worry, I'll be well-rested during this part of the trip, going back to the hotel with Izzy. But the second part involves things like going to Epcot evening EMH and to the MK 24-hour night after that. :eek: (For me, just to clarify).

Seems like you worked out a goos system by utilizing the rider swap and then using the other FP+ as kind of a place holder for when the SWW events come out
That was about the best way we could figure out to manage it. So difficult to book things that you know you are likely to change.

Think it is good that you are getting so many character meets in right at the beginning - especially since not much MK time this first weekend (totally understand why b/w SWW and the Flower and Garden event)
Yes, we actually went back through our schedule and tried to figure out where we could add more MK time. On Sunday the 17th afternoon, Izzy and I might go over for a bit while Dug stays for SWW shows. But that's it for the first weekend. As you said, SWW and F&G kind-of monopolize that time.

Glad you got the later Garden Grill ADR - definitely support you trying to stop by early as I have seen cases where they get a bit backed up. At least when we were there the characters came around fairly fast (we saw 1 or 2 twice) so even if you have to make it a little bit of a fast dinner you should see all the characters
That's what I was thinking. I've been there twice and at least some have come around twice each time! Hoping we can make it in and out at a reasonable time and still fully enjoy the experience.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

We should be in Epcot that evening as well! Fun stuff!:hyper:
Oh, cool! Maybe we will run into each other! (That reminds me, I know I started reading your PTR a while back, but I need to get back to it and catch up...I am so behind on my DIS-ing lately. :sad2:)

Sounds like a good plan to me!
Get her into Minnie's arms as soon as possible, right? ::yes::

Living with the Land is a Tier 1:confused3
I know. Crazy. :confused3

Really? Hmmmm Might be worth investigating.
I should check to see if they still do that. Would be good to know.

I have never been able to get little miss to do this. I'm slightly envious of those that do.
Izzy's a bit hit-or-miss, but generally can't fight the sleep at some point. She just needs boring scenery to fall asleep, though. :rotfl:

OMG! Yes! That would be amazing!
I cannot stop thinking about how awesome that would be now. I really, really think they should tear down the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground and put up the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Playland instead. ::yes:: And I want an up-slide! :rotfl:

Your FP plans made me realize I need to look into splitting up our FPs for the big rides too (assuming I'll be able to ride them!).
Yeah, you have enough adults and a small child, might as well! (Though, maybe I should hope you don't get to ride? ;))

Your daily plans look fantastic and jam packed!! Going to be a super fun few days before the cruise.
I think this whole trip is going to be pretty crazy. Which is so weird, as I think of 8 nights in WDW as a lot, but I can't even find a way to fit in AK at all and our MK time is much more limited than I'd like. :faint: I'm sure it will be great, though.

I am so glad you're going to be in EPCOT that afternoon (and can't wait to meet Dug!) and our DTD evening should be fun too.
Can't wait for both! Will be great to see you again! :goodvibes

IDK what time we'll get there after Universal, but hopefully early enough to do a little shopping! After dinner we'll probably head to Disney Quest for a bit since our tickets include entrance into there.
Yeah, not sure what time we'll make it over either. Hoping to have a bit of time to roam, though. Hope you have fun at Disney Quest!

I love your plans! It sounds like you'll be getting in lots of Epcot and HS time!
For sure. This trip is very heavy on DHS and Epcot. I should know, I color coded my spreadsheet by park. :rotfl2:

I love your idea of a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse play area - how great would a big clubhouse and slide be??
I really love this idea and wish that Disney would throw out some pixie dust and make it happen for us! pixiedust:

I'm interested to hear your reviews of Garden Grill and TRex - those are on my maybe list for next trip!
I do have two past experiences at Garden Grill and they've both been very good. I am looking forward to the restaurant turning again, though, as it wasn't last time. Never been to T-Rex, but excited to try something new. I've heard mixed reviews, but Lauren had a great time when she went previously, so hoping it's fun!

Plans are really shaping up for this trip!
I love that you are an ADRaholic! Me too! It really is a sickness! This will be in my next update, but we are adding a garden grill too! Just can't pass it up!:rotfl: Oh well that is part of the fun.
I know, it's so hard to pass up a good ADR! Must.have.them.all!!! :rotfl2:

I really think they need to release the details about SWW. That would make you plans so much easier.
It would make such a big difference. But they probably don't have things with the celebs finalized enough to release info to the public. Probably another month until they do so. :faint:

I had read that and thought how crazy to be down all Summer. This is such a popular ride and for it to be down during one of the busiest times is nuts.
I'm super sad about this still. :sad1: Only three days before our trip.

Of course:cool2:
:thumbsup2

I'm excited to do the Tour de Castles. :rotfl: I just informed Izzy today that she'll be eating in THE castle. She's VERY excited. :hyper:

Ugh, drooling. Please do not skip!
Okay! Even if I'm super stuffed, I'll get one and bring it back to the room to microwave later - how's that? :goodvibes

Is it really? I had no idea.
So strange that it's a Tier 1. o_O

Okay this day is jammed packed with stuff. This is like a 12+ hour day for you! :hyper:
There are a lot of jam-packed days on this trip. Most of them, really.

That should be lots of fun! Have only had a drink at the bar back in 2010 but it looked really cool and something i'm sure Izzy would enjoy.
I hope we have fun! It's right up her dinosaur-loving alley.

You better! ::yes::
Ha, yeah, I should have plenty of solo late-night time. Unless we forget, like last time. :sad2:

I really think you should work for Disney, you come up with the best ideas!
From your lips to Walt's ears... :lmao:

The plans look like they're coming together great!
Better than they were, that's for sure!

I just want to give a word of caution... When we were there, we got FP+ for the entire group, even if we planned to use Rider Swap just to keep things simple. Most of the time, only the person who rode first needed to scan their band, but we did have a couple of rides where the CM made everyone scan their bands before they gave us the RS passes. I know 7DMT was one of the rides and I think the other might have been BTMRR. The second time we rode 7DMT we didn't all have to scan so I really think it depends on the CM. It might not be a problem for you, but I just wanted to give you a heads up.
Thanks for the reminder. :goodvibes Before our August trip, Lauren and I were hearing those reports, especially about the Mine Train, but it turned out to be a non-issue for us. I guess I forgot about it after that. I think you are right that it's dependent on the CM and not consistent. To make sure Dug gets on the Mine Train, though, I did change our plan for that to both getting FP+ and then getting the Barnstormer with either Izzy's band when we enter or just walking on (that was the other Rider Swap we were going to alternate with 7DMT). And, worst case scenario, we both ride 7DMT twice. :thumbsup2

That is a great idea! Kids would love that. And it would probably seem a lot more significant and cooler to them than the old Toontown houses since it is more relevant to them.
I agree! I don't know if I'd be able to get Izzy to leave the place. Oooh, unless they start playing the Hot Dog Dance every so often and all the kids have to dance out before the entire place vanishes.... :idea: Man, I am FULL of ideas on this! :rotfl:

Part Three Plans

No, you didn’t miss a post on the Part Two Plans. :rotfl: That’s the cruise and, to be honest, I really haven’t spent much time on the plans for that yet. We did, however, make our plans and FP+ selections for our second WDW weekend. Strangely, the FP+ window wasn’t supposed to open until tonight at 11pm our time – but it was open when I looked before bed last night at like 2am! I have no idea why it was open early, but it was, so I went to town! :hyper:

I think I am going to pepper this post with random and seldom-used smilies, just to spruce it up a bit. :artist:

Here’s how things are looking for the second weekend now :surfweb::

Friday, May 22nd

We get kicked off the Disney Dream this morning. :bored:We’ll probably be off fairly early and on our way back to WDW in our rental car. I actually extended our rental car to 24 hours, as it was the same price, but gives us flexibility if we want to drive to a park before returning it. Not sure how we’ll do this yet. :confused:

We don’t have a lunch planned for right now, so it will probably be counter service. At one point, I had a Liberty Tree Tavern ADR, since it’s the 24-hour day in the MK, but we decided we probably wouldn’t be there and didn’t want to be tied down after coming in from the cruise. So, lunch is open. :-)

We have FP+ for DHS in the afternoon on Dug’s Magic Band only. They are all kind-of throwaway ones, though. :yo-yo: Great Movie Ride at 12:05pm. It’s a Tier 1. :dance3:It will almost certainly be swapped out for the Behind the Force show, which will likely be at 1:45pm. Star Wars guests to be determined still. :hourglass

He has a Star Tours FP+ from 2:35-3:35pm. He could use this and get a Rider Swap, if I’m there. And if Izzy and I are still at DHS, he could hand off his Magic Band to us for the third FP+, which is the Disney Junior show with an arrival window of 3:40-3:55pm. :donald: We’ll have hopefully already seen it the first weekend, though, so it’s probably not a must-do. And with all the other Star Tours rides, that’s not a must-do either. At least not for me. :oops:

So, this leads us to the alternative afternoon for me and Izzy (Dug may be trying to see a show around 5pm at DHS too, by the way). We might roam Epcot for her naptime, then catch a monorail over to the MK for when she wakes up. :charac4: Or, if Dug doesn’t have that later show to see, maybe he will join us and we will monorail over to the Poly to check out Trader Sam’s (and the changes in general). :drinking1However, we were thinking Trader Sam’s would be great for Izzy’s naptime (stroller), but I just read today that it likely won’t open until 4pm. That’s pretty late, so not sure now. Of course, yet another option would be going back to the hotel for an afternoon nap…I may need one in preparation for what’s to come later. :music:

So, our dinner this night is from a suggestion made earlier in this PTR by dtr_angel: Garden Grove. Not to be confused with Garden Grill. :confused3 Despite the similar name and characters, it is a different place. She suggested it as an alternative to Garden Grill. However, Dug and I were split and decided…why not do both? :simba:Here’s what dtr_angel posted about her experience there:

We ate here in December on seafood buffet night and it was absolutely amazing!!!! Stuffed lobster brought to your table and so much yummy food on the buffet, even prime rib. The staff was amazing and we got to meet Pluto, Goofy, Chip & Dale. The restaurant was not crowded AT ALL so we got lots of attention and from the staff and characters.

We have an ADR for 6:45pm at the Garden Grove, which is in the Swalphin (and, no, I guess I don’t know which of the two). :ssst: It is a Friday night, so that is the big seafood buffet night mentioned above. As you may recall, that doesn’t interest me one little bit. But it interests Dug a lot. And I like the characters. :ccat:And there is other food there that I will like. And it’s just a short walk from our resort. I’m excited to try something new. :D One question for anyone who knows – can I use my Magic Band to pay here, since it’s not exactly a standard Disney restaurant? :tiptoe:

After dinner, Dug and Izzy will go back to the room and Izzy will get to go to bed (and Dug too?). I’ll accompany them to the resort, but then I go to Epcot!! :joker: It’s EMH from 9-11pm that night. My FP+ for this day are for Epcot. 8pm is Nemo – not a priority, but needed one that I wouldn’t be upset to miss if I arrive later than anticipated. 9pm is Soarin’. 10pm is Spaceship Earth. Probably won’t need it, but nothing better to use it on with the silly tiering. :hmghost: I might bring Izzy’s band to see if there’s any chance of a late-night Test Track, but I doubt that will be open. I can use Single Rider, though. :cat: :cake: >:( :lmao:(yes, way too much fun with random smilies).

After Epcot goes to sleep at 11pm :laundy:, I will trek with probably a lot of others to the MK. Cause, you know, it’s still open for another 7 hours. :mickeybar I’m not really sure what my plan is here. First, just getting there – not sure if the monorail is going to be crazy – or even open that late? Hmmm, I should look into 24-hour-day transportation. :car: :boat: :moped: :drive:At any rate, the fireworks will be done, but there are two parades that night – 11pm (I’ll miss) and 1am! Yes, 1am! :jester: Seems like a good time to see a parade, right? :teeth: I’ll plan for that. I really have no other plan or even an idea of how long I’ll stay. If I haven’t used Izzy’s band yet, I may take it to a kiosk to see what I can get. :badpc: Or get my 4th FP+. :shamrock: Depending on Dug’s ambition/sleepiness, I may head back and let him go out for awhile around 3am or so, but not sure yet. We might be hurting in the morning. :crutches: Good thing our morning FP+ are things we’ve already done the first weekend, I guess, just in case. :stir:

Saturday, May 23rd

Okay, so if we are zombies, we can reschedule these FP+. :smokin: All things we’ve done before, I would hope. We’ll have an in-room breakfast, then head back to our home of DHS. Again, there’s a chance Dug will want to go early for the celebs, but we’ll see. Our first FP+ is 9:05-10:05am Tower of Terror. Just one and getting Rider Swap. Our second FP+ is Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, both of us have one at 10:10-11:10am. However, Dug’s will likely be swapped out for the Stars of the Saga show that afternoon. :sulley: We’ll Rider Swap, as usual. Next is an 11:10am-12:10pm Star Tours. Just one and Rider Swap. Then we both have the Frozen Sing-Along with a window of 12:10-12:25pm. If we go, this will be the second time on the trip. Then we have a Brown Derby lunch ADR at 1:20pm. Planning a light lunch with a Cobb Salad to share, mmmmm. :hippie:

Then Dug will probably see the SotS show at about 3:15pm. Not sure what Izzy and I will do this afternoon. She could stroller nap and I could wander. Or we could walk back to the resort and nap. Or even World Showcase. :stitch2: But we need to be back at DHS in time for our 4:45pm ADR for the Jedi Mickey’s Dinner at Hollywood & Vine. Out of the 4 we had, this was the one we decided to keep. (And I put my other 3 up on the big SWW thread for others to coordinate with - so far, I got one to a family with a 19-month-old that needed that earlier time, so my hoarding has now helped others!) :chat:

We’re free after that. Not sure what we’ll do. Maybe go wander the Boardwalk? :clown: Then Dug will get Izzy to bed and I get to go back to the MK and do whatever I please. This is my night to see Wishes (10pm). Not sure if I can score a same day FP+ for it, but that would be nice. I’m sure it’ll be fine either way. If I somehow missed that 1am parade, there is one at 11pm this night. The park is open until midnight. But I don’t want to be out TOO late, since we’ve got a castle breakfast in the morning. :dog2:

Sunday, May 24th

This is our Akershus ADR day. It’s at 8:15am and we can walk right over from the Boardwalk (or Beach Club, if that waitlist were to come through). Unless there is something unanticipated with SWW, Dug is planning to come with us to Epcot for this. We have our FP+ at Epcot after the meal. :genie:

We have a split Soarin’ and Test Track (1 on each) at 9:30-10:30am. Again, same old collection of Rider Swaps. Then we have Journey Into Imagination :figment: from 10:30-11:30am. :rolleyes2 In no way do I believe this is necessary, but there really aren’t many good Tier 2 choices. >:( Finally, we have the Character Spot from 11:50am-12:50pm. I wanted to get this at 11:30am, but this is the best I could do. We’ll walk on to anything else we have time for and interest in.

Our lunch this day is a new one to us. Since we had to drop the awesome Hollywood & Vine with Fantasmic, we wanted to schedule something else with the Fantasmic Package to get us those nice seats. And the best we could find was a Mama Melrose at 1:10pm. We’ve never eaten here. And I recently read a TR (Andy’s) with a pretty bad review of their lunch there. :earseek: So, I’m a bit hesitant, but hoping for the best – as Dug pointed out, this might be our last chance to eat there with all the construction planned at DHS. And, most importantly, it gets us the Fantasmic seating that night. :coffee:

The only item on the agenda between lunch and dinner is a possible SWW show for Dug. There’s a good chance that Izzy and I (and maybe Dug, if no show) will spend the afternoon/early evening at MK. We just really don’t have enough time there with Izzy. But we will have to be back in time for our 9pm Fantasmic show. Then back to our resort for the night. :happytv:

Monday, May 25th (Memorial Day)

This is our only actual MK day! Except that we move to the Beach Club Villas this night (unless we already did if our waitlist came through), so we want to leave some time to go to Stormalong Bay. So, our one MK day is a short MK day. And, thanks to my hoarding, filled with ADRs. :umbrella:

We start off with something that wasn’t really even on our radar, but came up and grabbed me: 8:20am Cinderella’s Royal Table. :groom: I dropped my 8:15am Crystal Palace for this. Both are pre-park-opening. I’m a bit bummed to miss CP, as we love it there, but we are still getting into the park early, which is half the fun. This is our last WDW trip before Izzy turns 3, so she is still free for this expensive meal. And we’ve always wanted to eat in the castle, but never have. And she loves princesses. So, why not? I told Izzy about it today and she was very excited and said she wants to see Ariel. :love1:

After breakfast, we will do a riding-spree in Fantasyland – whatever we can get on that still has a short line, basically. Our first FP+ is for the Mine Train from 10:15-11:15am. I decided to get us both one, as I want to make sure that Dug gets on it. We still plan to get Rider Swaps, so we will likely both get to ride twice. But at least once. :magnify:

We’ll ride some more things and my priority is to get Izzy on the Barnstomer at some point. She should be tall enough and she has been frequently telling me that she is going to ride “Goofy’s roller coaster.” I can’t wait! I hope she loves it. And, heck, I’m kind-of excited to ride something new myself! :firefight

And then we go over to the other castle. I somehow managed to stumble across a Be Our Guest lunch at 12:25pm. Um, yes please? Even though we did do the lunch once before (and loved it), I decided it was worth doing again, despite not being in our original plans. I mean, I haven’t even had a cupcake there. :love2:

After lunch, we should be in our FP+ window of 12:50-1:50pm to meet Anna and Elsa. I actually wanted to do this earlier in the morning, but this was the earliest available. Boo. But it should still work. :mic:

I’m not sure when Izzy will nap this day. She could take a short nap now or we could try to keep her awake through our next FP+, which is the Festival of Fantasy parade – arrival between 2:45-3:05pm. I really enjoyed this last time, but Dug hasn’t seen it yet. I think it’s worth a FP+ to have a nice spot to watch without staking it out ahead of time. pug: puckerup: :dog:

And after that we head back to the resort. The afternoon/early evening is swimming time at Stormalong Bay. Just hoping the weather is good, as this is our only chance unless the waitlist comes through. For dinner, we have a Beaches & Cream ADR at 8:20pm. A bit late, but we’re right at our own resort and can get Izzy to bed soon after. :tilt:

Our last night is over! That went fast! :smooth: :tongue: :crazy:

Tuesday, May 26th

Our Magical Express pick-up should be around 10am. :hyper2: We have a 7:30am ADR for breakfast at Cape May Café. Good food, right downstairs, and Minnie & friends are there. I can’t think of a better way to spend our last couple hours. And then we go home. :sad:

:thanks: (I am loving that these smilies no longer count towards the 25 image/post limit!!!)

Last edited:
Loving your random smiles!:butterfly

Plans look like lots of fun! By now you are a pro at planning for taking a toddler! And how to best utilize the FP+ with them!

Garden Grove is a great choice! A long time ago (2006) Bob had a conference at the swan and dolphin. I went along with him and this was long before I knew anything about Disbords or Disney planning in general. While he was working during the day I would hang out at the pool, walk around the boardwalk and beach club and have meals at various area spots. The first night he had a dinner so I was on my own. I stumbled into Garden Grove to see if I could get some dinner and they were no where near busy and I was seated right away. Despite dining alone (not something I like doing) I had a great meal. I ended up eating there at least 3 times! As a side note I remebered being so impressed with the entire Boardwalk/beach club area! I loved getting up in the morning and walking around! Your update just brought back a lovely memory for me thank you! :cloud9: Sometimes I even forget about that trip, I spent a lot of time by myself that time, now time alone at Disney sounds like heaven.

That is a heck of a plan! I love the plans for the 24 hour MK day. Only I look at it and think it would be so much nicer to have that as the day before the cruise rather than the first day after the cruise. Nothing you can do about that though, and at least you get to experience it!

Wow - those are quite the plans! And quite the smilies (funny that one of my thoughts was - she is going to hit that 25 "image": limit ... but then you cleared that up for me that smiles no longer count towards the limit

I think my favorite random smile was: "then catch a monorail over to the MK for when she wakes up. :charac4:" ... was the Spiderman for the monorail or for waking Izzy up? ;) :tongue:

That would be great if you get to the 24 hour day some - just the idea of a parade at 1am is pretty cool. I think just soaking up the atmosphere and maybe trying to get some of the "special" stuff (food/cupcakes, merchandise, etc.) would be sufficient and then just whatever rides you feel like. I be the Jungle Cruise at like 3am would be a hoot.

Not sure if you follow Amberg93 or Marielightning's TRs but they frequent Mama Melrose and really like it - they always get the steak and rave about it. Obviously just one point of view but at least one positive point of reference

You obviously have all the strategies planned out but the fact you have to book all these "throwaway" FP+ is definitely a negative aspect to the system. Even our last trip there was a day or two where it would have been easier if we could only book 1 or 2 FP+ rather than having to mess with exactly 3

And that is great you are getting into CRT while Izzy is still under 3. Still not a cheap meal but I know the fact we didn't have to pay for everyone in our party made it must more tolerable

I think I am going to pepper this post with random and seldom-used smilies, just to spruce it up a bit. :artist:

I fully support this decision! There are so many random smilies and I am always itching to use them!

However, we were thinking Trader Sam’s would be great for Izzy’s naptime (stroller), but I just read today that it likely won’t open until 4pm.

I hope I get to read a review of this! Number 17 on my list of 594 things to do on my solo trip is a visit to Trader Sam's. Hope the time works out for Izzy's nap!

After Epcot goes to sleep at 11pm :laundy:, I will trek with probably a lot of others to the MK. Cause, you know, it’s still open for another 7 hours. :mickeybar

I love the laundry smilie, first of all. And I love that you get to hit MK after a solo night at Epcot. I watched some of the live feeds of the 24-hour event last year and it looked awesome!!

At any rate, the fireworks will be done, but there are two parades that night – 11pm (I’ll miss) and 1am! Yes, 1am! :jester: Seems like a good time to see a parade, right?

Absolutely the perfect time to catch a parade. I'm curious to see how busy it will be then! I can't imagine how the CMs hold up for their shift!

Then Dug will get Izzy to bed and I get to go back to the MK and do whatever I please.

Yay for more solo time!!

The afternoon/early evening is swimming time at Stormalong Bay.

I would love to stay at Beach Club one day! Hoping we can rent DVC points at some point for here!

We have a 7:30am ADR for breakfast at Cape May Café. Good food, right downstairs, and Minnie & friends are there. I can’t think of a better way to spend our last couple hours. And then we go home. :sad:

Great way to end the trip! All the characters look so cute in their beach gear. And I second the tears for the end of your epic Disney adventure!

I'm loving your use of rarely used smilies! I find that I tend to have my "go to" ones and rarely use any others. :laughing: <-- case and point!

Your plans sounds great! And I love that you're doing Beaches and Cream on your final night - that's near the top of my list of places I want to try. It looks like we may see some overlap on Friday (May 22) and Saturday (May 23) nights! :thumbsup2 I am SO excited for the 24 hour event... though I have a feeling I will wreck myself for Saturday by pushing myself to stay out all night! Oh, well... YOLO, right?! :rotfl2:

So -- question about your evening swapping... have you tried letting her just fall asleep in the stroller and both staying for Wishes? Do you think Izzy would be into Wishes or Illuminations, or has she seen fireworks before? We have a fourth of july between now and December, so maybe I can desensitize her, but maybe its not the best idea to make a potentially sleeping, fussy baby stay to see a very loud Wishes show. We'll be there with my in-laws, so we'll have a few additional options... but its going to feel so different to not both be in the parks in the evening (especially Epcot, as that is where we usually hang out). Anyway, your descriptions of plans are setting my expectations a bit! So I appreciate that.

I'm super excited about the Disney Junior show. We don't watch a lot of TV, but we've watched enough Doc McStuffins and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse that she starts to cry when I stop singing the theme songs!! (I've used the intros to both shows to cut her nails). I would guess that by the time she's 18 months, she'll be really into it. I agree about a playground... it would be so fun!

My daughter also loves Winnie the Pooh (also cries when the song stops!!) so that will be a fun one!

All caught up after a little DIS-break. Your plans sound so great! You guys are going to have a blast!

I didn't even know until a few weeks ago about all of the booths at Epcot for F&G Festival. I was reading on easywdw.com and decided that my lunch idea of Sunshine Seasons might need to be changed for snacking at the booths. So many of the items sound so good! I really want to try the Frushi. I'll have to check out the DFB reviews, as well!

Off to catch up on your other reports...

WOW you packed in a lot!! I am surprised at the small amount of MK time but I guess the reason you got Dug to go WAS for SWW...lol. Those late nights make me tired just thinking about it, phew!! Love all the ADR's you have, and CRT will be so much fun with Izzy. That is cute she is excited for it, and excited for Goofy's Barnstormer as well!

I am SO SO SO excited you are trying out Garden Grove! I really hope you love it as much as we did. I think I would vote it best meal of the trip but not just because of the food. We have it booked for July but not sure if we'll be able to make it Friday night or not (I might be ADR hoarding...)

I loved all the random smilies! Your updates are always so fun. I'll admit I was backtracking for part two haha.

Loving your random smiles!:butterfly
Thanks! Isn't it fun to use the ones that normally are totally irrelevant? :goodvibes (oh and :stir: just because I can!)

Plans look like lots of fun! By now you are a pro at planning for taking a toddler! And how to best utilize the FP+ with them!
Well, I'm trying at least. These little ones do change so much so quickly, though, that it's hard to ever feel totally prepared. But I've managed to learn a few things, at least. :thumbsup2

Garden Grove is a great choice! A long time ago (2006) Bob had a conference at the swan and dolphin. I went along with him and this was long before I knew anything about Disbords or Disney planning in general. While he was working during the day I would hang out at the pool, walk around the boardwalk and beach club and have meals at various area spots. The first night he had a dinner so I was on my own. I stumbled into Garden Grove to see if I could get some dinner and they were no where near busy and I was seated right away. Despite dining alone (not something I like doing) I had a great meal. I ended up eating there at least 3 times! As a side note I remebered being so impressed with the entire Boardwalk/beach club area! I loved getting up in the morning and walking around! Your update just brought back a lovely memory for me thank you! :cloud9: Sometimes I even forget about that trip, I spent a lot of time by myself that time, now time alone at Disney sounds like heaven.
Aw, thanks for sharing the memories! :goodvibes That Disney alone time does sound lovely. Relaxed, taking in the resorts, and good dining. :thumbsup2

That is a heck of a plan! I love the plans for the 24 hour MK day. Only I look at it and think it would be so much nicer to have that as the day before the cruise rather than the first day after the cruise. Nothing you can do about that though, and at least you get to experience it!
Yeah, at least it's during the WDW part of our trip. If it were right before the cruise, I'd be worried about being too tired to fully enjoy the cruise, though - those things aren't cheap, so I want to squeeze every moment of fun out of it that I can. :rotfl2:

Wow - those are quite the plans! And quite the smilies (funny that one of my thoughts was - she is going to hit that 25 "image": limit ... but then you cleared that up for me that smiles no longer count towards the limit
I love smilies and now I can use them freely without limits! :Pinkbounc :jumping3: :bounce: :jumping2: :beach: :happytv: :rockband: (You're welcome). :rotfl:

I think my favorite random smile was: "then catch a monorail over to the MK for when she wakes up. :charac4:" ... was the Spiderman for the monorail or for waking Izzy up? ;) :tongue:
That was one of those totally random placements. I saw it and wanted to use it and just threw it in somewhere that didn't have a smilie yet. :lmao: But you are right that I did try to line some up with semi-related words. ::yes::

That would be great if you get to the 24 hour day some - just the idea of a parade at 1am is pretty cool. I think just soaking up the atmosphere and maybe trying to get some of the "special" stuff (food/cupcakes, merchandise, etc.) would be sufficient and then just whatever rides you feel like. I be the Jungle Cruise at like 3am would be a hoot.
Ooooh, I forgot about the special stuff. I never paid much attention to the details of the 24 hour day, as I never really thought about being there. I'll have to look into things. I'm excited! :dancer:

Not sure if you follow Amberg93 or Marielightning's TRs but they frequent Mama Melrose and really like it - they always get the steak and rave about it. Obviously just one point of view but at least one positive point of reference
I haven't read their reports, but that is great to know. Mmmm, steak! That does make me feel better. :goodvibes

You obviously have all the strategies planned out but the fact you have to book all these "throwaway" FP+ is definitely a negative aspect to the system. Even our last trip there was a day or two where it would have been easier if we could only book 1 or 2 FP+ rather than having to mess with exactly 3
I agree. We're in DHS so often and it feels silly to keep booking the same FP+ over and over. But we need three and we can't split parks and we need the SWW shows...sigh. :headache:

And that is great you are getting into CRT while Izzy is still under 3. Still not a cheap meal but I know the fact we didn't have to pay for everyone in our party made it must more tolerable
Yeah, I think I got the idea from you. :rolleyes1 I am very much in favor of doing things as cheaply as possible. :thumbsup2 Izzy is really looking forward to it. She keeps telling people that she is going to eat in the castle. ::yes::

Looks like good plans for your 3rd part of the trip.
Thanks! :goodvibes

I fully support this decision! There are so many random smilies and I am always itching to use them!
Makes a picture-less post more interesting and satisfies those "hey, cool smilie" cravings, all at once! :woohoo:

I hope I get to read a review of this! Number 17 on my list of 594 things to do on my solo trip is a visit to Trader Sam's. Hope the time works out for Izzy's nap!
I see that Tikiman's FB feed has had a lot of stuff about it today. I need to make time to sit down and read all about it, I think.

I love the laundry smilie, first of all.
Ha, that's a fun one!

And I love that you get to hit MK after a solo night at Epcot. I watched some of the live feeds of the 24-hour event last year and it looked awesome!!
It's gonna be one crazy night! :crazy2: Oh, cool, I didn't watch any of those. I need to get on the ball with this planning! :rotfl:

Absolutely the perfect time to catch a parade. I'm curious to see how busy it will be then! I can't imagine how the CMs hold up for their shift!
I'm glad I'm a night owl (clearly, it's after midnight here and I'm DIS-ing). I'm worried about crowds, as I have heard it's busiest at night. :scared:

Yay for more solo time!!
:cool1: Super excited for these times, if I'm being honest. Mommy time off with no guilt since child is sleeping under watchful eye of other parent. :thumbsup2

I would love to stay at Beach Club one day! Hoping we can rent DVC points at some point for here!
Yes, definitely rent DVC points if you stay there! Disney used to offer discounts that made it comparable (we stayed there for 45% off in 2010), but I think those days are gone and DVC point rental is always cheaper than anything Disney can offer. It's a great resort, especially the pool and location.

Great way to end the trip! All the characters look so cute in their beach gear. And I second the tears for the end of your epic Disney adventure!
I'm excited to do this breakfast again. Lauren and I took the girls there on the last morning of our June trip and had a great time. I look forward to sharing it with Dug and I love that it's just downstairs in our resort! :thumbsup2

I'm loving your use of rarely used smilies! I find that I tend to have my "go to" ones and rarely use any others. :laughing: <-- case and point!
I am the same way. I have my frequently-used ones and always wish I could play with some of the oddball ones. So, why not? :rotfl:(frequently used one there for sure!)

Your plans sounds great! And I love that you're doing Beaches and Cream on your final night - that's near the top of my list of places I want to try. It looks like we may see some overlap on Friday (May 22) and Saturday (May 23) nights! :thumbsup2 I am SO excited for the 24 hour event... though I have a feeling I will wreck myself for Saturday by pushing myself to stay out all night! Oh, well... YOLO, right?! :rotfl2:
Beaches and Cream is a nice treat! Simple, but tasty. And you can't beat a giant bowl of ice cream. :thumbsup2 Yay for overlap! :cool1: We will have to figure out when/where we may cross paths. It would be fun to say hi! :goodvibes YOLO indeed! But, yeah, I can't handle the all-nighters the way I used to. :faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter