• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Memorial Day weekend usually really crowded?

disneystar65

Earning My Ears
Hi guys, we would like to plan a visit during free dining 2011, and noticed the week surrounding Memorial Day 2011 is available. Our only option is this week or late August. I would prefer May but only if it is not as crowded as summer. Please let me know if you have experienced this time frame and have any suggestions. Thank you:goodvibes

It is busy during that time but not super busy like summer. The weekend is busier than the week days. DHS also has Star Wars Weekends going on at that time. If you are not interested in the Star Wars events, I suggest you avoid DHS on the weekends. It is insane and we go every year. DS and Boyfriend really like it so we go and endure the crowds.

We went during that time period in 2008 and didn't think the crowds were bad at all.

We visited Memorial Day week once years ago, I do not recall the entire week so it must not have been to bad crowd wise during the week, but then you have to remember we normally would visit Easter Sunday week, when it was about as busy as it could get, but I do recall the MK was so busy that year we vowed if we ever went there again for Memorial Day we would avoid the MK , getting back to our resort after the fireworks was the worst nightmare ever even worse than at Easter I think MK must be a big destination for the locals on Memorial Day I would just avoid MK

We've been this week many times. It is pretty busy over the weekend, but then does drop off some on Memorial Day and the few days after. Many southern schools are out for summer by then, but FL schools usually are not. I'm tempted to book this week also, my son gets out of school on May 27th.

Which is busier...Memorial Day weekend and the following first week of June or the last half of August? Thanks!

Which is busier...Memorial Day weekend and the following first week of June or the last half of August? Thanks!

We've gone the last week in August twice and it was'nt crowded it did pick up a bit during labor day weekend but by Monday many people were leaving. A lot of schools are back in by this time. The restaurants are busy though with the free dining at that time so make ADR's ahead of time if you go then. Linda :)

My DS17 is going with the school orchestra to Disney Memorial Day weekend and I'm considering going now that they have offered free dining it's an extra incentive. But we have always going at lower crowd level times so I'm not sure if we should do it. DS's schedule will be so busy while he is there I'm sure he will want to hang out with his friends when they have some down time but it would be nice to see him playing in Disney. Linda :)

We've gone the last week in August twice and it was'nt crowded it did pick up a bit during labor day weekend but by Monday many people were leaving. A lot of schools are back in by this time. The restaurants are busy though with the free dining at that time so make ADR's ahead of time if you go then. Linda :)

Thanks! We always go in September for Free Dining so are used to the crowd size then. This year we switched things up and went in May (which is when we always went up until 2005...once free dining started, September was our month). We went the week leading up to and including the weekend of Memorial Day so much more crowded than we are used to in September.

We have only done the last few days of August so haven't gotten a real good feel for August crowds. But if August is lighter than end of May/Memorial Day than maybe we will try it for 2011.

I am already going through major withdrawal that I don't have a trip planned for this September and I hate to not go next September too. But our oldest DD will be starting Junior High and our youngest will be starting Kindergarten so both are big milestones and I would hate for them to miss first days or open houses or whatever!

So maybe we will have to aim for August instead unless some other great deal comes out for October 2011 or so. LOL

According to the calendar for Sept, the crowds aren't bad at all!! I'm going Sept 2nd-6th so I'm happy for hardly any crowds

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter