is MCO vulnerable

I would like to see a report on how other airport screeners, at other airports, did on the tests. Beth did not reference that and sometimes I feel her writings are short of information and she is restricted by the Orlando Sentinel. Yes, I know and have spoke to the writer, Beth, on many occasions. If it is a TSA wide test there should be a median.

I don't think OIA is vulnerable, not more than any other large airport is.

According to the article a lot of the failures were "false positives". Although that slows down security it's obviously not a safety issue.

Security doesn't have to be perfect to be effective. TSA has to catch a high enough percentage so terrorists don't want to take the risk.

I would like to see a report on how other airport screeners, at other airports, did on the tests. Beth did not reference that and sometimes I feel her writings are short of information and she is restricted by the Orlando Sentinel.
Which is why it makes complete sense for her (or any local newspaper reporter) to report on JUST the local results.
You could check the TSA website and see if they offer wider statistics, or forward that article to the news editors of some large papers (NYT, USA Today, etc) and suggest/ask that they do an article that expands on the Sentinel's.

kaytieeldr said:
Which is why it makes complete sense for her (or any local newspaper reporter) to report on JUST the local results.
You could check the TSA website and see if they offer wider statistics, or forward that article to the news editors of some large papers (NYT, USA Today, etc) and suggest/ask that they do an article that expands on the Sentinel's.

Edd isn't the most popular poster but this time I'll agree with him. Is this a general problem with TSA screeners or is the problem just the screeners at a few airports such as MCO? It makes sense from a LOCAL perspective to know how the employees stationed at MCO are doing COMPARED WITH employees at other airports. Lumping false postives with false negatives isn't a very good way to measure employees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter