Is Mazatlan Back On For Sure?

papamouse1

Still... Papa "MooMoo"
I have been checking out MR cruises for early 2012, and the DCL site clearly lists Mazatlan as a stop. I just haven't been able to find anywhere when DCL put them back on the itinerary, and if it is permanent or just a temp thing. I know if things get worse they could pull it again, but mainly wanting to know if it's "Officially" back on the plan.

Thanks!

Mazatlan was officially a stop on our 9/25 cruise until just a few weeks ago. I'm assuming they're leaving it on for now (for 2012) and it's a wait and see situation.

I'm good with two stops at Cabo!!!

Nothing is perm. We r on the MR cruise this September and only about a month ago did they pull Maz from our itenerary.

So sounds like they have not officially put it back on... kind of hit and miss? I just wish they would speak up one way or the other. If not on the docket, we will adapt and still have a blast, but would help to know when planning excursions. I may not book our trip until I am on the Dream in Nov, so I can get the onboard discount. :)

We're on the April 22nd MR. I'm hoping the cancel Mazatlan for us. Cabo is the best of the three stops and the all aboard time is a ridiculous 1 PM. I'd give up Mazatlan for two days in Cabo. :)

Princess is now cancelling cruises to Puerto Vallarta now! I sure hope Disney doesn't follow suite. Otherwise we'll be going to Cabo, Cabo and Cabo! UGH.

Katherine

I hope not.

"Also Saturday, a machine gun-fueled shootout inside a mall in the popular beach resort of Mazatlan left one man dead and a woman injured, according to the Sinaloa state prosecutors office. The aggressors escaped."

From June 18, 2011 MSNBC article.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43451632

Yikes.

DH and I went to Mazatlan about 25 years ago, before we were married. We had a great time, and the only drug problem we had were the guys running the parasail boat who were smoking weed.

Sad to think the violence and drugs have reached there too.

Nuts, we just booked our Feb 26th MR cruise last week via DVC points. It took us over 2 months to decide on the MR cruise in late February or a Western Caribbean cruise in early February. I was aware of the violence in Mexico, but figured it was out of the areas for tourists. I suppose it is no different than going to Disneyland and driving around parts of LA.

For those who do go this year, I look forward to any type of TR you can provide.

Wasn't there a talk about a new port replacing possibly Mazatlan for 2012 ?

I think that was Guaymas that was being discussed. If I recall correctly, it was in the Ports of Call list just after the new site came out, but disappeared afterwards.

I hope that Disney doesn't follow suit and pull out of Puerto Vallarto. I don't know how much Cabo I can do :).

I wonder why Disney can't make the stops more interesting instead of doing Cabo twice or three times.

How about LA, Santa Barbara, Catalina Island, Cabo. Doesn't that sound more pleasant than debating safety issues and/or whether you'll get shot at a mall?

Hello DCL summer interns who are reading the DIS..please put this suggestion in your consumer research memo! ;)

I wonder why Disney can't make the stops more interesting instead of doing Cabo twice or three times.

How about LA, Santa Barbara, Catalina Island, Cabo. Doesn't that sound more pleasant than debating safety issues and/or whether you'll get shot at a mall?

Hello DCL summer interns who are reading the DIS..please put this suggestion in your consumer research memo! ;)

Oh HECK NO! I live in California and I am in no way paying for a cruise to my own state!!!:rotfl: I can drive to Santa Barbara or take a ferry to Catalina. NO NO NO! That would be a cancel for sure. I would wager a large portion of the MR cruisers are from California and would never pay Disney prices to go places that would cost them $100 in gas or ferry fees.

I would enjoy another stop rather than Cabo x3 though!! I really enjoyed Puerto Vallarta and am looking forward to going back on the Christmas cruise.

Here is the news of Princess cancelling their stops to Puerty Vallarta as well, published today:

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2011/06/princess-cruises-ship-puerto-vallarta-mazatlan-mexico-cancel/175043/1

I just read the article. Since there are no cases of violence being reported- and Carnival says they have no intention of pulling out of PV- I suspect this is a fuel-saving issue. :rolleyes1 Princess has only 3 MR cruises this fall anyway. Princess' demographic (especially at this time of year) skews older than DCL or Carnival. All you have to say is "unsafe" and I bet many passengers won't bat an eye at the change, and may not have been getting off the ship anyway. JMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter