• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Maelstrom closed already?

godchaser

disaddict
I just read that Disney has already begun construction on the new Frozen ride, I was just wondering if that meant Maelstrom is already closed? We're going to WDW this December and hope to ride Maelstrom one more time. Thanks.

I just read that Disney has already begun construction on the new Frozen ride, I was just wondering if that meant Maelstrom is already closed? We're going to WDW this December and hope to ride Maelstrom one more time. Thanks.

Last day is October 5.

Thanks for the info. Now two rides will be down for refurb while were there in December, HM and now Maelstrom.

not sure where you read that.
the last day maelstrom will be open is october 5th. (which is why i'm considering a quick solo trip before that)

Man...our vacation we arrive Oct. 3rd. First time at Epcot was Oct. 6. Do we rush over Oct. 3rd just to ride Maelstrom? Hmmmm.....

Okay...just went and got FP+ for our arrival day at 1:50 p.m. for Maelstrom. Like my husband said, this is the final time we will see it...

Man...our vacation we arrive Oct. 3rd. First time at Epcot was Oct. 6. Do we rush over Oct. 3rd just to ride Maelstrom? Hmmmm.....

Okay...just went and got FP+ for our arrival day at 1:50 p.m. for Maelstrom. Like my husband said, this is the final time we will see it...

Smart move.

Thanks for the info. Now two rides will be down for refurb while were there in December, HM and now Maelstrom.

Thats not uncommon. If you look at the total rides that Disney has, there are bound to be a few down at any given time.

We are going next week, and Philharmagic, Astro Orbiter and Carousel of Progress (all in the same park) Will be down.

I also am not sure I would consider Maelstrom to be down for rehab. It might be just spin, or double talk, but I think I would consider it being removed and replaced with a new attraction.

While the ride will be open until 10/5, they have already started re-theming other areas of the Norway pavilion to Frozen, especially the Stave Church. That might have been what the OP read.

Man...our vacation we arrive Oct. 3rd. First time at Epcot was Oct. 6. Do we rush over Oct. 3rd just to ride Maelstrom? Hmmmm..... Okay...just went and got FP+ for our arrival day at 1:50 p.m. for Maelstrom. Like my husband said, this is the final time we will see it...

Yes! We don't arrive until the 9th. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter