Is it wrong to get a job at a Disney Store not for the money but for the CM Discount?

I agree- nothing wrong with working mainly for discounts, esp. for those who work part-time. Fulltimers need to work more for wages, esp. if they're the primary wage-earner. Just an FYI, the 60% off rooms and discounted dining plan that your manager mentioned is not offered year-round, and when it is offered, it does not extend to TDS or non-Florida site CM's. You'd still get a discount, just not that one. Often you're better off paying a guest rate and getting whatever current deal is offered when it comes to your vacation. I've done the math. With the economy there are still great guest deals to be had.---Kathy

ohlas,
I doubt they can pay me in Disney Dollars but I can exchange aka "buy" Disney Dollars or Gift Card with my Disney Store Paycheck LOL which is actually the plan...;) Now just gotta get into the interview and get the job :lmao:

I just want disney dollars back in the stores, I called and complained. It must be a pain to have the disney dollars in the stores and to ship them to the stores, since it like shipping money but, it was so easy to buy 20 here and there for kid allowances... so sad boo hoo have to wait to get my disney green fix at the park, so shiney and new, smell like disney money lol

I worked at a Disney Store one XMas and it was a lot of folding. LOL! But, really, I never really saw much benefit to working their. I didn't have kids back then, so I didn't buy much stuff, and they had shipped out their collectibles. They asked me to stay on for longer, but it was too much work and I didn't like the calling in shift thing. The pay was just like any other retail store.

If you work at a disney outlet is it the same? Discount wise, I mean? There is one nearby.....I have sort of hinted to dh that I would like to do it...

I keep toying with the idea of doing this..my mall has a DS and it's only 3 miles away. I'm a nurse but I could work a couple of shifts at the store, mainly on weekends.

I too would do it for the discount..

:lmao: Yep you read that right I just put in an app at my local Disney Store in KS not for the money but for the Cast Member Discounts I can get it. Is this wrong????:cool1:

(currently Planning next Disney Trip too long since we were last there :cool1:)

Nah- not at all. AT least you'll love your job. I say go for it!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter