Is it worth the money to rent a convertible??

Originally posted by LauraLea
I got a rate of $199/wk for a convertable from National for our Sept "honeymoon" trip. Just me and DH, but we will have a set of golf clubs with us.

Can we get these in the back seat? How much space will be left for luggage?

We are staying at WL concierge level, and I have considered shipping a box of clothes down early if space in the car will be limited.

I have never even ridden in a convertable, so help from those with experience would be much appreciated.

Thanks........Laura

I think you should be fine. The car they use is a Sebring.
What code did you get for that rate? It is excellent. I got 188.00 (with a 20.00 coupon from Sam's club) for 8 days with Alamo (before taxes and fees).

I just used the Emarald Club contract # of 5007125, but I made this reservation over 11 months in advance of when we will use it. I do not remember the rate code, and I did not use a coupon. I do not have Entertainment or Sam's Club, so I am waiting for the date to change on the Vacation Outlet coupons. That would take my rate down to $181.

Laura

I saw another post about prices going down so I decided to try it! My first try with National took me from $387. to $359. I looked on the rentalcodes.com site for the Priceless code and took the price down to $332.10. Thats pretty good for 10 minutes of work. So now I'm using the Priceless code, the Ent. coupon of $20. off plus Product code WWEB. My first question is can I use the Priceless code with no problem? My second question is can I use Quick Rent with these discounts? I used to be an Emerald Aisle member but when I called them to get the number I lost, they said it was expired. Would this even benefit me - would I be able to go and pick from the row of convertibles or go to a different line to register? Thanks!:D

Originally posted by Leigha
I saw another post about prices going down so I decided to try it! My first try with National took me from $387. to $359. I looked on the rentalcodes.com site for the Priceless code and took the price down to $332.10. Thats pretty good for 10 minutes of work. So now I'm using the Priceless code, the Ent. coupon of $20. off plus Product code WWEB. My first question is can I use the Priceless code with no problem? My second question is can I use Quick Rent with these discounts? I used to be an Emerald Aisle member but when I called them to get the number I lost, they said it was expired. Would this even benefit me - would I be able to go and pick from the row of convertibles or go to a different line to register? Thanks!:D

You cannot use quick rent with coupons. Rejoin EC via the link on Mousesavers.com It costs nothing.
You should have no problem using the Priceless code. You can select your car from the row regardless of how you made the reservation.

From National's site re: Quick rent.

QuickRent Rental Requirements and Exclusions

QuickRent is not available with reservations that contain the following:

• National coupons
• Special equipment such as child restraint seats, cars equipped with hand controls and ski or luggage racks
• Central Bill numbers
• Reservations over 30 days

In order to complete a QuickRent transaction, the primary driver must meet the following requirements:

• Must meet minimum rental age requirements
• Have a clean driving record
• Have a valid U.S. or Canadian drivers license
• Present an acceptable credit card, with available credit in their name at the time of rental

• National Car Rental does not accept debit cards at time of rental. Although a debit card may be accepted online, you will not be able to process your transaction at time of rental.

• The following credit cards may be used to complete your QuickRent transaction:
U.S. issued credit cards: Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover
Canada issued credit cards: American Express

QuickRent is available at the following 50 major aiport locations across the United States.

Click here for a full list of locations.

Originally posted by LauraLea
I just used the Emarald Club contract # of 5007125, but I made this reservation over 11 months in advance of when we will use it. I do not remember the rate code, and I did not use a coupon. I do not have Entertainment or Sam's Club, so I am waiting for the date to change on the Vacation Outlet coupons. That would take my rate down to $181.

Laura

Forgot to ask, is that rate with taxes and fees included?

Hopefully when the coupon comes out the rate will not have increased.

DH and I rented a Sebring convertible

We got one off the aisle a couple of years ago. My grown daughter and grand was with us and they really wanted it. They seemed to enjoy the suitcases on their laps to Disney. The attendant at National really tried to talk us out of it..said the suticases wouldn't fit...but they did on the laps LOL.

Hubby hated it..said the top came down too low and his vision wasn't good. Said the back wrapped around too much and made too big of a blind spot.

We ran the air as high as we could, and still the front seat was warm (this was January). Grandson and daughter in the back got sunburn. We also found that we didn't feel safe when out of Disney with the top down.

Cured us of ever wanting to buy one, but we got some great pictures of our red convertible. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter