Is it worth the extra $ to stay on Site?

I agree! Last month (May 10th-20th) we stayed ten nights at Bonnet Creek, but then spent two nights over at Royal Pacific at Universal, using an AP discount. Since I already had those ten nights at Bonnet Creek and couldn't change any of those days, I had to think long and hard if we really wanted to pay twice for a hotel for those two nights. In the end I just couldn't stay offsite, so the condo over at Bonnet Creek just sat empty, with our stuff in it, the two nights we were at Universal. My elderly mom was with us and even though we had the condo over at WDW, staying onsite was so worth it with her. We were able to take her back to the resort for an afternoon rest and the second day she decided to just stay at the hotel. We loved not having to drive back and forth from WDW to Universal for those days, and of course early entry and express pass were invaluable. We hate lines, so loved being able to walk right on just about everything.

I'm going back down there solo in Sept, then again with my husband and mom in Dec. We are again staying at Bonnet Creek over at WDW for both trips. For the Dec trip we are again definitely spending one or two nights over at Universal and will just let the condo sit empty those nights. I know we could have just booked the condo for two less nights and then spent the last two nights over at Universal, but we like going to Universal during midweek, instead of the more crowded weekends. Using an AP discount for the Universal room and for no more than we're paying for the BC condo ($60.00 per night) it's not a big deal to leave it empty those two nights. As far as the Sept trip, I planned on just spending the whole week at Bonnet Creek and then just driving over to Universal a couple of days. However, just the last few days I have been having second thoughts. Since I'll be solo, I really, really don't want to drive back and forth those two days fighting traffic in an unfamiliar area, plus I reaaaaally love that early entry and express pass perk you get at Universal. My AP is still good, so I could get a room at Royal Pacific for just $167.00 (including taxes).

You are not the only one to do this. There were a few times back when free dinning at WDW was really a great bargain and was using Magical Express that we would leave our hotel empty a day or two at POP Century and stay onsite at Universal. This allowed us extra credits at WDW for use on some 2 table service meals and still be able to go back and take advantage of magical express to the airport. Now, though we just plan Universal at the end of the trip so we can end things on a much more relaxing way. Either way is fine though as long as we get our Universal/IOA fix each trip

Jumping on the proverbial pile to share my onsite love.

Would not stay there any other way!! Resorts are top notch AND you get FOTL. It truly adds a priceless value to be able to slow down and "smell the roses" or in this case the mummy dust. We are also hooked on club level so we are always back to the resort on time for beer o'clock, and have a day or two that are strict pool and enjoy the resort days.

We tour Disney this way too, but have to give up seeing a lot of attractions.

I love beer o'clock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter