is it worth it?

d1sneyf4n

DIS Veteran
We are going in Nov and currently staying at the Beach Club. I asked for a price quote for the Port Orleans Riverside same time we were going and same package and the difference is $1400. Do you think the Beach Club is worth the $1400 difference? That is a good chunk of change.

We are going in Nov and currently staying at the Beach Club. I asked for a price quote for the Port Orleans Riverside same time we were going and same package and the difference is $1400. Do you think the Beach Club is worth the $1400 difference? That is a good chunk of change.

I personally love both Port Orleans resorts and wouldn't pay an extra $1,400 to stay at Beach Club. It's a beautiful resort and you can't beat the access to Epcot/Hollywood Studios nor Stormalong Bay ... but that's a lot of money for my family.

Have you stayed at either before?

I personally love both Port Orleans resorts and wouldn't pay an extra $1,400 to stay at Beach Club. It's a beautiful resort and you can't beat the access to Epcot/Hollywood Studios nor Stormalong Bay ... but that's a lot of money for my family.

Have you stayed at either before?

We have but I am just not sure that that amount of money is worth that difference. I was just looking to see what others thought. Thanks for the reply.

We have but I am just not sure that that amount of money is worth that difference. I was just looking to see what others thought. Thanks for the reply.

No problem! You might get more opinions if you post in the Resorts board. Some posters there feel very passionately about certain resorts. ;)

I am biased, but I would not pay it. We stayed at the BC last November and my DGD needed a field trip to POFQ :lmao: It was okay, but we just did not like it there. DH hated it, and announced no more stays off of the monorail line. We did like the access to DHS and Epcot though. And it was noce to walk the boardwalk in the mornings.

No problem! You might get more opinions if you post in the Resorts board. Some posters there feel very passionately about certain resorts. ;)

I agree with this. I haven't stayed at either but I bet if you post the same question on the Disney resorts forum you will get a lot of replies really fast on this topic ;)

After our last trip at POR I couldn't believe it's a moderate! I thought the grounds where up there on the same wave length as beach club!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I think it really depends, how much time are you going to be spending at or around your resort? We just stayed at BC for the first time (POR is our regular). For us it would be totally worth it to stay there. I loved the proximity to 2 parks and the Boardwalk. SAB, with the arcade and Beaches and Cream right there, it was great. I loved everyday having my morning coffee on the balcony with a view of Spaceship Earth.
Before we stayed there I said that I don't care about views unless I'm staying at a hotel on the beach. We never really cared too much about the hotel because we didn't spend alot of time there. BC made me change my attitude and this trip we had more resort time than any before. My kids are older so they are perfectly happy hanging out for half the day and going to the parks the other half. If we were a commando family and spent most of our time at the parks we wouldn't feel the extra money would be worth it.

For us, yes definitely. Our son loves zero entry pool section at sab, I often have to spend several hours on a day or two doing work, so my wife can take him to pool for that time and walk around the beach club and boardwalk area (or if he is being uncharacteristically calm, walk with him over to epcot for interesting lunch or an attraction or two without having to navigate transport). It is also fun for us to be able to just stroll over to epxot for relatively exotic food for dinner (or go over to boardwalk for couzzina or to swan for garden grove). We are also blessed enough that the extra cost is just an annoyance rather than a true burden. But we have also gone to swan or dolphin when beach club prices were prohibitive -we love epcot area - swan/dolph often comparable to mods - even factoring in lack of magical express and the daily "resort fee" (that does include bottles of water, so we try to remember to pick them up)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter