• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it worth it to go on a rainy day???

mom2brats

Mouseketeer
We are only here until Tuesday and were planning to go to IOA tomorrow and Universal on Monday. Weather doesn't look like it is going to be great. Wondering if we will be wasting our money going in bad weather. I haven't got our tickets yet. There are 5 of us and it's a lot of money to waste if everything is shutdown due to the weather. Would love any advice as we were all so looking forward to this!

Are the coasters important? All of those besides the Mummy are outside. What about the water rides? If it isn't cold those would probably still be doable.

Most of the attractions in the Studios are indoors are at least covered like Jaws. There are more outdoor things in IOA.

Is it expected to rain all day or is the typical Florida afternoon storms? If it will be clear in the morning, I'd go personally.

Is it expected to rain all day or is the typical Florida afternoon storms? If it will be clear in the morning, I'd go personally.
This time of year we don't usually get the afternoon storms like in the summer. Those are caused by the heat and humidity...not too much of that around now. The rainy days during the winter tend to be more an all day or close rainfall.

As long as there is no lightning, the best time to go to the parks is actually in the rain! Particularly at Universal/IOA, everyone stays away or clears out ... so you walk on to everything. I went this past Friday and Universal was a ghost town because the fog was so bad. IOA was a little busier, but the crowds at WWOHP were the smallest I've seen yet (still crowded, but tolerable).

This time of year we don't usually get the afternoon storms like in the summer. Those are caused by the heat and humidity...not too much of that around now. The rainy days during the winter tend to be more an all day or close rainfall.
I didn't know that. Ugh.

1/17 was a yucky downpour kind of day. We started at the Studios and sloshed through tons of attractions with hardly any lines. We dried off at the hotel after lunch and the kids and I ran over to Harry Potter to see how things were. By then, the rain had stopped and it was the best time we had all week! We were able to walk on FJ(!) and could browse the shops while on the other days there were lines to even get in. We had a one show wait for Ollivanders. It was great!

I don't normally mind the rain but it can turn the Hulk and Dragons into painful experiences. The raindrops are like tiny bullets at that speed. It's kinda fun, in a twisted way, but I wouldn't do it again...

Well we braved the elements and had an awesome day!!! The were no lines to speak of and we walked on everything! The rain was yucky in the morning but finally cleared up after lunch. Still cloudy and could but at least no rain. Heading to Universal tomorrow. Fingers crossed we get light crowds and no rain this time LOL

Thanks everyone!

Where are you from if I can ask? I was going to give you the exact opposite advice! LOL! I owe a couple of folks favors from the parks so I went yesterday determined and dressed for the weather. We made it about half way through the parking garage to CityWalk. It was pouring and cold! My hubby had just been sick from me dragging him out in weather like that so I decided to give up on it.

You're my hero. It was cold yesterday!! :eek:

Kind of depends on your options IMO. If this is the only time you can go, then go. If you can be flexible with your dates, try and re-schedule. Like others mentioned, there would still be things to do, but the rain is going to put a damper on any theme park experience.

Where are you from if I can ask? I was going to give you the exact opposite advice! LOL! I owe a couple of folks favors from the parks so I went yesterday determined and dressed for the weather. We made it about half way through the parking garage to CityWalk. It was pouring and cold! My hubby had just been sick from me dragging him out in weather like that so I decided to give up on it.

You're my hero. It was cold yesterday!! :eek:

We are from Toronto LOL. However we just got off a Caribbean cruise so we sure did feel the cold. We went armed with rain gear, hoodies and jackets. I think we may have missed the pouring rain as it really only drizzled on us. The few times the rain got harder we just wandered around a store or maybe we just missed it while on a ride. No one really complained about the weather at all. Although the hot shower Ihad when I got home sure felt good LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter