• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it worth going to jail over a PS3?

That's scary. I don't know what the solution is, but maybe stuff like that should only be able to be purchased online or at least ordered through the store and then they can call you when it arrives. :confused3

We really need to get some perspective in this country! That is just insane.

Perspective would be nice, definitely. However, this is just indicative of a more general phenomenon of entitlement mentality that has spread like a cancer through this country in the last decade or two: "If I want it then I'm entitled to it." :rolleyes2 Despicable maniacal self-interest is the Number One force for deterioration of our societal fabric. We see less extreme examples of it every week, even at WDW. :(

From your fingers to the Tag Fairy's eyes.... ;)

Putnum is in the eastern end of the state, a small town but not too far from willimantic which has a major drug problem and crime that would rival the bigger cities. i am not so sure it was about ps3 as it was an opportunity for armed robbers to find a bunch of people in one place that would have pockets full of money. putnam isn't the type lof town that would have a lot of violent crime and i think the perps knew that and saw it as an "opportunity".

dcentity2000 said:
That's just sad :(

Rich::

it actually gets sadder. the kid that was shot had some of his own money and some of his "gram's' money. he is apparently very close to his grandmother. the plan was to buy a couple of units and sell them on ebay. he had been selling stuff with his grandmother at flea markets, etc since he was young. those who knew him said that he would never want to lose any of his grandmothers money. that area of ct. tends to be more economically depressed so no doubt the family needed the money. he will be okay however.

I saw that on our local news. We live in a world where people shoot each other for $50 sneakers and cut babies out of jealousy (thinking of the link that was posted last night). God help us, it's just so sad. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter