Is it worth going back to AK in the evening now?

NicholeB630

DIS Veteran
So we are doing AK on Tuesday Sept 13th. I planned my day awhile back thinking we would get to see night time stuff (didn't want to see Jungle Book) but do the other things night party, tree of life etc. We have an 8am day that morning as were doing Tusker at 8am with a ADR. I was thinking we;d stay till mid day go back to hotel AKL, we have a ADR at Sanaa at 2:50 and then head back to AK around 5:30. Is it worth doing this? This is what I have planned the first morning. I wonder if I should plan it differently. I'd like to see Flik and maybe Tarzan or another character. I know all the shows and characters stop meeting in the evening. AK is open till 9 that night. Id love to see the tree of life lit up. If anyone has a better plan or suggestions that would be great. This park is the hardest for sure for me to plan.

8am Tusker House
9:20 - FP Safari
Discover Island Area (get coffee ;)
Meet Flik
10:30 - FP Festival of Lion King ( I know its not needed but I want to sit closer to floor)
12:30 - Flights of Wonder
Snack
1:25 - FP Expedition Everest
Schedule 4th FP
Leave park around 2:20
Sanaa Lunch at 2:50
Go back to park around 5:30
Dino Land and not sure what else?

Why not push the Safari FP+ back until about 20 minutes prior to the sunset and see it at dusk, then use the morning for things that would require more walking or Conservation Station?

Why not push the Safari FP+ back until about 20 minutes prior to the sunset and see it at dusk, then use the morning for things that would require more walking or Conservation Station?

I did first thing since we would be right there after Tusker house. I hate how AK is laid out and our plans. Lion king is right there too. So not sure what we'd have time to do in-between breakfast and the Lion king. I suppose I could also push back that to maybe the last show? And then after Tusker just find other things to do?

I did first thing since we would be right there after Tusker house. I hate how AK is laid out and our plans. Lion king is right there too. So not sure what we'd have time to do in-between breakfast and the Lion king. I suppose I could also push back that to maybe the last show? And then after Tusker just find other things to do?

That would be my suggestion. Use the morning after Tusker House to take advantage of lower standby times then use your FP+ for FoTLK and Safari later in the day.

That would be my suggestion. Use the morning after Tusker House to take advantage of lower standby times then use your FP+ for FoTLK and Safari later in the day.

Im trying to think what we would do. The only rides we'll be riding are Safari, EE for my daughter, the Dino land stuff. We wont do Kali BC my son can't and well I've watched videos and I have no desire to be soaking wet lol even if its a 100 degrees. We could do characters, walk around see animals, pin trading. Make it more of a low key day which would be nice. But should we do the break and come back? Still leave after EE and then come back to do Safari FP, FOL and see tree of life?

Conservation Station 9:30 - 10:15
Flights of Wonder - 10:30 (standby)
Meet Flik - 11 am
Primeval Whirl - 11:20 (standby)
Fining Nemo - 12 pm (standby)
snack
Expedition Everest - 1:30 (FP+)

Leave for a break

FoTLK - 5 pm (FP+)
Safari 6:30 pm (FP+)
Look to see what is availlable for add'l FP+
Finish Dinoland
Harambe Wildlife Parti
Discovery Island Carnivale dance party
Tree of Life Awakenings

There is plenty to do after the sun goes down that isn't necessarily a ride

What, no time for baby gorilla watching earlier in the day??

Conservation Station 9:30 - 10:15
Flights of Wonder - 10:30 (standby)
Meet Flik - 11 am
Primeval Whirl - 11:20 (standby)
Fining Nemo - 12 pm (standby)
snack
Expedition Everest - 1:30 (FP+)

Leave for a break

FoTLK - 5 pm (FP+)
Safari 6:30 pm (FP+)
Look to see what is availlable for add'l FP+
Finish Dinoland
Harambe Wildlife Parti
Discovery Island Carnivale dance party
Tree of Life Awakenings

There is plenty to do after the sun goes down that isn't necessarily a ride

Thank you so much for this! I like this plan a lot and I think it will leave us with more to do!!

What time is the tree awakenings normally? Will be there in September. Lion King at 5, 5:30 Kali 6:30 safari, 8 PM EE.

I would highly recommend skipping the safari after dark (lame) but definitely do EE at night and the Tree of Life. Just being there at night is a different experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter