Is it worth getting a Disney Visa?

nikki&petey

Mouseketeer
Is it worth it to me to get a Disney Visa? What sort of discounts/perks does it get me?

If I did get the Visa I wouldn't carry a balance so that is not a concern for me. I just hate to have too many credit cards in my name.

Thanks for the link Dangermouse. I was just wondering if people have the Visa and find it useful.

We have one, although we use it and enjoy getting the reward "money" to use at the parks. Otherwise we've used it for the Meet & Greet and got the free picture with Mickey and Goofy. That was a neat perk. We've never really used it for the discounts, we also have AP's so we tend to remember to use that more then the Visa. But we like having the Disney Visa.

Thanks for the link Dangermouse. I was just wondering if people have the Visa and find it useful.

I have it and really enjoy the perks I have received, including:

2 free stroller rentals per day
private meet & greet and free 5X7 photo
Discounts on food & merchandise
Discounts on DLR rooms (not offered very often)

We love our disney visa. We use our reward money for splurges like character meals or tours. We definitely took advantage of free stroller rentals when the kids were younger and we also try to do the photo meet and greets and often as possible. We also have APs so often use that for food discounts.

I got one this past year for the perks,

I charged a few meals on it, that was the only way on getting the 10% discount. Oh ya and at a few stores to get the discount on some items.

Other than that I don't use, I like to take it with me on our Disney trips to get those extra deals!

I agree with the above perks: Meet & Greets, stroller rentals, 10% discounts, DVC discounts/bonuses, and most of all EARNING DISNEY DOLLARS!! :cool1:

Is it worth it to me to get a Disney Visa? What sort of discounts/perks does it get me?

If I did get the Visa I wouldn't carry a balance so that is not a concern for me. I just hate to have too many credit cards in my name.

My family has one and I think it is worth it to have a Disney Visa. Last time I checked, you could get 10% discounts at some restaurants, tours, and you get special priviledges. Last year we were able to use our card to get into Ariel's Grotto before it opened and get a free 8x10 photo with a character our character turned out to be Goofy. I think that if you aren't going to use it to rack up a ton of debt and go to Disneyland quite a bit, I would think it would be worth it to get one.
~Hope this Helps :dumbo:

Thanks for the info on the meet and greet, we just got a card and wasn't aware of it.

We use it to get 0% for 6 months on Disney vacations. They also offer Disney vacation discounts from time to time. Right now we are earning 5X the rewards on all restaurant, grocery and gas purchases. On our trip to Disney World and our Disney cruise last year we had over $200.00 in rewards to spend. They gave us $50.00 in rewards for opening an account about three years ago, so both I and my DH opened an account. One just for purchasing the Disney vacations and one for everyday use. We love our card but we only use it when it benefits us.

They also have special offers for bonus points from time to time but your mileage may vary on these. From what I've read on the boards, some folks only begin to accrue the bonus dollars after they reach a varying minimum spending amount, $100 to over $1000 have been reported. We've been lucky. DH and I have separate cards and we both received the 5X bonus offer on our purchases of gas, groceries, and prescriptions during January, February, and March with no minimums. I'm not sure about others, but we pay off our balance if we have one every month and only use the card for the perks unless we get a special offer like 5X bonus dollars. So there are several months in a row out of each year that we have no activity at all on our cards. Maybe they're trying to entice us to use the card more often.

We have one, although we use it and enjoy getting the reward "money" to use at the parks. Otherwise we've used it for the Meet & Greet and got the free picture with Mickey and Goofy. That was a neat perk. We've never really used it for the discounts, we also have AP's so we tend to remember to use that more then the Visa. But we like having the Disney Visa.
I have the Disney Visa.
Is there somewhere that I would need to go in order to get the private meet & greet and photo? This will be the first time I am using this card on my upcoming trip. Thanks.

Right now it is in the Golden Vine Winery area . . . there is a little room off to the side. . .. but someone on another board said that this area is becoming the DCA remodel area and will only be used for Meet and Greet through March 30 so they will probably be moving it . . . but we don't know where yet!

of the reward dollars you get from it. We also take full advantage of the free stroller rentals. Haven't used the free pics at the Character meet and greets yet.

I have one and I think just for the stroller rental it is totally worth it! The interest rate is high but if you pay it off each month that isn't a concern. i haven't been offered the 5x earning like some of the other posts on here but maybe that is because I use my card all the time! I guess I should try to not use it for a month and see what happens! I really like it though...I have the little Mermaid one and everyone always gets a smile on their face when I hand it to them...even guys! And to me that is worth it :)

I mean, we have others, but we use the Disney one about 98% of the time. We too pay off each month, and just keep accumulating those Disney Reward dollars. In fact, I'm estimating we'll have $1,000 to use to pay for our DLH stay in August. :cool1:

We've used the stroller rentals in the past; very handy! We've also done the character meet and greet - a nice photo, although it's sometimes hard to remember to get over to DCA in time.

I think you also get some discount when using your Visa at the DL stores - that's always nice too! :thumbsup2

We have gotten the discounts and free 5x7 from the meet and greet. (You can actually get one each day you are there)

My favorite perk would be the rewards. We used to have every different gas card imaginable but we finally condensed down to my Disney Visa and my DH's BP card. He gets cash back and I get my souvineer fund for Disneyland. By using them to purchase just about everything, I have earned enough the last 2 years for all my souvineer shopping and some Christmas shopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter