• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it true?

jennifur25

Mouseketeer
Is it true that Captain Jack Sparrow doesn't sign autographs?

We were at Pirate's League on Wednesday during the torrential downpour lol Captain Jack came in to the pirate league and was walking around and the girl who was doing the makeover on one of my boys asked if my mates had autograph books and said that if they did, they should get them out right away because he was signing autographs and he NEVER does that.

So of course I did and he signed both their books and got a picture with one of them :) I was just wondering if that was really true that he doesn't sign autographs normally! :)

Also, and this is a silly question- That night when we were leaving to go home, the boys still dressed as pirates, when the bus was leaving to go back to the resort, the recording said something about being sure to follow the code, "because there be a disney pirate on board!". I've never heard that any other night- was it because my boys were dressed as pirates? If so, that is totally awesome and just one of those Disney touches that makes everything so magical! LOL

I don't know about Jack signing autographs, but as for the bus thing, yes, that was for your boys. There are a few different recordings on the buses. We heard the princess one a few times last time I was there. It is a pretty cool thing. Just another part of the Disney magic. :)

The Cap'n signs autographs whenever you catch him doing Meet and Greets, which is only during special events. Since he does not do M&Gs during the regular daily operation I can see why the Pirate Master encouraged you to grab one.

The Cap'n signs autographs whenever you catch him doing Meet and Greets, which is only during special events. Since he does not do M&Gs during the regular daily operation I can see why the Pirate Master encouraged you to grab one.

This. We had a fantastic interaction with Jack at the Pirates League this past fall... he spent a lot of time with pretty much everyone there. I wasn't expecting it, so that made the experience even better.

Yes, it is true, he does meet and greets very rarely. Usually just at the hard ticket parties. Apparently he pops into Pirates League from time to time but these appearances are not scheduled and can't be anticipated.

Captain Jack had a regular meet and greet at Disneyland for awhile, the story was that his regular appearances were cancelled because he was continually being harassed by grown women.

the recording said something about being sure to follow the code, "because there be a disney pirate on board!". I've never heard that any other night- was it because my boys were dressed as pirates?

Yes. The driver likely saw the young pirates and pushed a button to play the recording. There is a birthday one, too, that the driver may play if they see someone wearing a birthday button.

Captain Jack had a regular meet and greet at Disneyland for awhile, the story was that his regular appearances were cancelled because he was continually being harassed by grown women.

Wasn't that one of the reasons why Flynn is no longer with Rapunzel?

Is it true that Captain Jack Sparrow doesn't sign autographs?

We were at Pirate's League on Wednesday during the torrential downpour lol Captain Jack came in to the pirate league and was walking around and the girl who was doing the makeover on one of my boys asked if my mates had autograph books and said that if they did, they should get them out right away because he was signing autographs and he NEVER does that.

So of course I did and he signed both their books and got a picture with one of them :) I was just wondering if that was really true that he doesn't sign autographs normally! :)

Also, and this is a silly question- That night when we were leaving to go home, the boys still dressed as pirates, when the bus was leaving to go back to the resort, the recording said something about being sure to follow the code, "because there be a disney pirate on board!". I've never heard that any other night- was it because my boys were dressed as pirates? If so, that is totally awesome and just one of those Disney touches that makes everything so magical! LOL

I love your pictures at the bottom.....my daughter would get her picture taken every trip at Minnie's House....gonna miss that.:sad2:

My son got Captain Jack's autograph during one the pirate and princess parties a few years back.

Yes, it is true, he does meet and greets very rarely. Usually just at the hard ticket parties. Apparently he pops into Pirates League from time to time but these appearances are not scheduled and can't be anticipated.

Yes. The driver likely saw the young pirates and pushed a button to play the recording. There is a birthday one, too, that the driver may play if they see someone wearing a birthday button.

:rotfl2: sorry but that is hilarious!!

I think Flynn was a cost cutting measure (pretty sure Naveen stopped appearing regularly with Tiana around the same time). They must have figured people came to see the girls, they could remove the guys.

Captain Jack does do regular, scheduled meet and greets at Disneyland Paris...apparently they are not as enthusiastic over there. He meets and greets on the Disney Cruise Line ships too.

I think Flynn was a cost cutting measure (pretty sure Naveen stopped appearing regularly with Tiana around the same time). They must have figured people came to see the girls, they could remove the guys.
But we all like the other story better pirate:

I just remember posts where it was pointed out that there were a lot of "older" girls clogging up the line just to see Flynn. ;)

I believe Naveen is still scheduled to appear daily with Tiana, though only for part of the day.

I think Flynn was a cost cutting measure

Disney did not cut Flynn to save money... it's actually cheaper to have Flynn and Rapunzel out together during day time hours versus having Rapunzel out all day (which is the current situation).

In a quest to "blame" Disney, people made up stories about why Flynn was cut (female behavior, costs, target demographics, etc). In truth, the demand for Rapunzel is HUGE, so the focus was to make Rapunzel available to more people by keeping her out longer.

This is so neat! I'll know to listen for the different recordings from now on.

This is so neat! I'll know to listen for the different recordings from now on.

Thanks everyone! That is so awesome that they did the bus thing just for my boys! I love the special touches!

Oh and I highly recommend the Pirate's League- oh goodness it was amazing and the boys LOVED it!!

058 by Jennifur24, on Flickr

Would MNSSHP be considered a special event to get Jack Saprrow's autograph? POTC is going to be what my boys are most excited about at MK but they do not want to do the pirates league (they dont like face painting). I am hoping we can do MNSSHP and if we do my DH, boys and I are planning on dressing up as pirates. So hopefully in our 1 1/2 days at MK we can get our fill on pirate activities!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter