• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it true?

hypnotic

Earning My Ears
Hey guys, sorry, I haven't been on here in a while. But I heard they closed Pleasure Island. Is this true? Will it re-open?

Yes, all the clubs on Pleasure Island have been permanently closed. PI itself will reopen at some point in the future, but the clubs will be replaced with shops and restaurants. That's about all we know so far.

It's true, it closed in Sept and it's being revamped into restaurants and more shopping areas.

Yup, the powers-that-be decided we needed more restaurants and shops instead of any adult entertainment:furious:

Sorry folks:sad2: I am one of the few that actauly did not minnd saying good by to PI. I am not a club person,and my self and DS love to shop and eat:rotfl2: so i was all for it. Ok you can get mad at me now,sorry:goodvibes

demolition and refurb were scheduled to start not long after the new year... those plans are now on hold. no estimated time to completion.

Sorry folks:sad2: I am one of the few that actauly did not minnd saying good by to PI. I am not a club person,and my self and DS love to shop and eat:rotfl2: so i was all for it. Ok you can get mad at me now,sorry:goodvibes
No flames here. I didn't care that it closed either.

They made their first mistake when they decided to not charge to get in and open it to families. Sorry all you people with little ones but there' were plenty of other "family" places to go.
I'll just sit here in my flame suit now......

There's always City Walk as long as you have transportation to get there.. let me strap my suit on too.. :)

lynn, I've got little ones, but you won't get any flames from me. I agree with you that the intent of pleasure island was that it be adult entertainment. There was no need to allow kids into that area. It should have remained off limits to the little ones, and they should have kept the fee to enter, which would have limited the problems that were caused by the local youth hanging out there.

It was obvious that the way it was being run wasn't working, and they either needed to go back to the old way, or close it down all together.

We were just in the area today, and it still looks open. DH walked thru and said there is no sign that it's closed.

the clubs are closed. there are other establishments on it that have not been affected such as raglan road.

They made their first mistake when they decided to not charge to get in and open it to families. Sorry all you people with little ones but there' were plenty of other "family" places to go.
I'll just sit here in my flame suit now......

Yes, I agree. I believe it was what started the downfall. Something about having a bucket of booze and dodging a stroller obviously didn't quite work out all that well.

Yes, I agree. I believe it was what started the downfall. Something about having a bucket of booze and dodging a stroller obviously didn't quite work out all that well.

No, the ones with the booze were the ones pushing the stroller!!!:drinking1 :drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter