• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it true no electrical parade or fireworks in March?

summer0407

Mouseketeer
We have a trip planned for March 10-13 taking my 5 1/2 year old and 2 year old. My son loves the fireworks are they not happening? I have read no and then read yes Fri-Sun. Also are they doing the electrical parade? I am wondering if I should re schedule. My other question is should we do stand view at GC or a concierge room at PP. We have stayed at DLH I like it but wanted to try something new. I am a newbie so any advice would be great, Thanks!

Fireworks and parades seem to be in limbo at this time due to the need to cut back on costs. It's hard to guess because Disney can change things in the blink of an eye. I'd just keep checking the boards and the Disneyland calendar to see if they update it through the end of this month and February.

March 10 - 13 seems like a great time to take your kids. The weather is nice and the crowds haven't reached Spring Break capacity.

As of right now,

Fireworks will only run Friday-Sunday during that time.

Electric Parade only runs during Summer (late June-late August) and 2 weeks during Christmas time.

Weather permitting fireworks will happen Fri. Sat. & Sun. Looks like you'll have Wed-Sat. that should be nice, Wed. & Thurs. & Fri. (daytime) should be nice, Fri. evening & Sat. all day might be busy.

Fireworks and parades seem to be in limbo at this time due to the need to cut back on costs....

Where did you hear that this was "due to the need to cut back on costs"? In my opinion it has nothing to due with cutting back on costs, but rather the norm for the season. Between January and March there is always less entertainment. ELP never runs during this time. The Parks close earlier, there are less visitors, etc....

- Dreams

P.S. Welcome to the DISBoards, Summer0407!

Thanks we went the first week in May 2008 and the electrical parade was going on then so I was just curious. If wer get 1 night of fireworks that would be awesome my son juts loves them. SInce I have not booked yet would anyone recommend May 3-6 instead of May 10-13 we will be driving down from northern California and are pretty flexible.

Yeah- it is the norm to go to weekends in the fall and summer for the fireworks and no F! and EP at all. Although, this year there is no F! since they are draining the river.

FYI- I teach in AZ and our district is out for spring break that week. Most of the Phoenix area is out the next week though.

Whoops I meant to write would MARCH 3-6 be better then MARCH 10-13?? So there is NO fireworks or there are on Fri-Sun I am so confused I cannot get a straight answer on this one. I know I keep reading the river is drained does it have to have water for fireworks? Is there someone I should call to find out??
Thanks again everyone this is a great forum!

We went in mid-March last year and they had fireworks on the weekends. We are scheduled for late Feb this year and fireworks are sch'd on the weekends as well.

HTH! :yay:

Fireworks should be showing on the weekends only. During the local spring break they may do fireworks nightly due to the increased crowds but it is still doubtful.

ELP is definitely not happening until summer unless they decide to bring it back for some reason having to do with this year being the 55th anniversary. I doubt it though

This is probably my confusion but I think the original poster may be confused between fireworks and fantasmic.

Fantasmic must have the river full to be offered.

Fireworks runs weekends in the spring unless weather cancels them - they are not dependent on the river and have nothing to do with it.

The electrical parade should be running in the summer.

Since both Fantasmic and Fireworks start with "F" sometimes the abbreviations can be confusing, at least to me! LOL.

I probably am confused, LOL I just keep seeing references to fireworks and the river being drained. My main concern was fireworks not fantasmic so I am happy to know they really don't have anyting to do with eachother.

Thanks again!

Wait until next week your schedule will be coming up on the official Disney site and it will let you know what is happening on your dates for all of the entertainment in the park. They are up to 2/28 today.

Speaking of Schedule is it normal for Aladin to not be running on the weekend? I don't see it the 27 and 28 of Feb?

Speaking of Schedule is it normal for Aladin to not be running on the weekend? I don't see it the 27 and 28 of Feb?

I sure am glad you pointed this out. We'll be there that Fri-Sun and DD6 reeeeally wants to see that. The weekend absence seems quite strange though.

Thanks we went the first week in May 2008 and the electrical parade was going on then so I was just curious.
When a major show is down like fireworks or Fantasmic then Disney often brings back DEP to have another entertainment option. This was the case in May 2008 if memory serves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter