Is it true? Can you walk from Saratoga Springs to Downtown Disney?

We have stayed at SSR twice and we walked to DTD many times each trip. It is such a beautiful walk. (Last trip we saw an otter and we kind of followed it along the pthway and then it got out of the water and ran across the walkway behind us. We were so close!) We also took the boat but it would have been much quicker to walk. We rode it mostly for the kids and experience.

Anyway it is a great walk

There are actually two walkways from SSR to Downtown Disney...one goes from about the quiet pool near Congress Park by the canal over to Marketplace (lets you out right where the bus stop is)...

The other starts near where the boat dock is, "behind" Artists Palette...you go over the bridge and bear to the left and it lets you out by the parking lot by Cirque du Soleil in West Side...

Both are nice walks and both are fairly short (no more than 1/3 to 1/2 mile)...it's about a mile to do "the circle"...one of my favorite morning jogging paths is do "the circle"...head either to the West Side path or the Congress Park path and through all of DTD and emerge on the other end...

Which one you choose can depend on where you're going...if you're going to Wolfgang Puck's (the restaurant), or to Cirque, the path behind Carriage House is best....if you're going shopping at the Marketplace, the Congress Park path is closest...

Oh, just writing about it makes me want to be there! (and we just got back two weeks ago!)...

Happy trip!

LOL, I guess we need to start qualifying this answer now that the Treehouse Villas have opened.

Congress Park is the section of SSR that is closest to Downtown Disney's Marketplace. It's actually a very short walk, and the path brings you right to the bus stops.

With the opening of Treehouse Villas, SSR is now also close to the West Side, too. A path that leads from THV comes out near the Cirque building.

Its a great path for a power walk/run work out -- through SSR, West Side, Treasure Island, Marketplace. Lots of interesting things to look at, people watching, couple water fountains, shaded areas. Love it!

There are actually two walkways from SSR to Downtown Disney...one goes from about the quiet pool near Congress Park by the canal over to Marketplace (lets you out right where the bus stop is)...

The other starts near where the boat dock is, "behind" Artists Palette...you go over the bridge and bear to the left and it lets you out by the parking lot by Cirque du Soleil in West Side...

Both are nice walks and both are fairly short (no more than 1/3 to 1/2 mile)...it's about a mile to do "the circle"...one of my favorite morning jogging paths is do "the circle"...head either to the West Side path or the Congress Park path and through all of DTD and emerge on the other end...

Which one you choose can depend on where you're going...if you're going to Wolfgang Puck's (the restaurant), or to Cirque, the path behind Carriage House is best....if you're going shopping at the Marketplace, the Congress Park path is closest...

Oh, just writing about it makes me want to be there! (and we just got back two weeks ago!)...

Happy trip!

Oh cool! I'm going to have to do my morning runs on the circle lol.

OP the walk to DTD is so nice! You will love it.

One of my DS (12)'s classmates is excited to be going to SSR this summer. When my son asked if they knew they could walk to DTD from SSR the reply was "Yes, we can even walk to DisneyLand from there!" :lmao:

My son argued the point that DL is in California but the boy was animate that his parents told them they could go there as well as the MK, Epcot & HS. :rotfl:

Maybe there's a secret path we don't know about? :confused3 :wizard:

One of my DS (12)'s classmates is excited to be going to SSR this summer. When my son asked if they knew they could walk to DTD from SSR the reply was "Yes, we can even walk to DisneyLand from there!" :lmao:

My son argued the point that DL is in California but the boy was animate that his parents told them they could go there as well as the MK, Epcot & HS. :rotfl:

Maybe there's a secret path we don't know about? :confused3 :wizard:
One lucky villa has the wardrobe from Narnia instead of a closet. Only, it's been re-tuned for DL instead of Narnia.

Well, technically you can. It just takes a while :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter