Is it too early?? Who's going in May 2006??

Disneyfun1

Walt Disney World Lover-DVC Owner Since 1/07
Made our tenetive reservations for May 2006 today!! I just made them for the POP Century to get a room locked in, im sure it will change though to either Port Orleans, Wilderness Lodge or Beach Club, or some combination of it.

We are going April 29-May 8 for our 1 year wedding anniversary trip!! :love:

So, who else will be there with us?? :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

:mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar

No, not too early at all! We have already booked a package for May 19th-26th at CBR! It just seems so far away!! ::MickeyMo

Another early planner here...we have ressies for first week of May to celebrate our 25th anniversary :goodvibes .

We are already booked into a 2 bedroom at OKW for May 2006 with our son , his wife and daughter...smjj

I'm hoping to go back in May for year 3 - but DH is hinting strongly for July (works better with his vaca schedule)...if we do go, it'll be the week starting with Mother's Day weekend - probably at Old Key West.

We'll be there in May! Can't miss the Flower and Garden Festival!! Just not sure which days - maybe mid second to third week....:)

staying offsite in Emerald Island. My sister is staying at either Polynesian or Coronado Springs. My other sister is staying at Nick Hotel. Should be a blast!

Joellyn

We will be going this May too! :Pinkbounc

We just decided last week, so I haven't made any ressies yet, but we plan on staying at the Wilderness Lodge. We are still working on the actual dates... We are thinking of the second or third week. As soon as we figure that out I will be calling for reservations! Any thoughts on which week would be better?

We have never been in May before, so, to any of y'all that have been.....it would be nice to hear what the parks are like that time of year! :flower:

(I'm already MUCH too excited! :crazy: )

I want to go next May, but no plans yet. I'm going with my family this August, for our first DVC stay, so I want to wait until after we come back. Plus, our use year isn't until September and we would be borrowing from the next year, and we also can't make the reservations until 7 months in advance (unless we stayed at SSR). If I do go, it would be with my sister and two friends, and it would be at the end of May, right after me and one of my friends graduates college.

TXTink said:
We will be going this May too! :Pinkbounc

We just decided last week, so I haven't made any ressies yet, but we plan on staying at the Wilderness Lodge. We are still working on the actual dates... We are thinking of the second or third week. As soon as we figure that out I will be calling for reservations! Any thoughts on which week would be better?

We have never been in May before, so, to any of y'all that have been.....it would be nice to hear what the parks are like that time of year! :flower:

(I'm already MUCH too excited! :crazy: )

I think FL schools get out around the 3rd week, so I would probably opt for the 2nd week. We went this past May (21st - 28th) and thought the crowds were unusually busy (we normally go the first week of May). However, some people who went the same time didn't think the crowds were bad. I guess it depends on what you expect and your past experiences (or just being lucky and being in the right place at the right time!)

Thanks joellyn23! :flower: I think you are right, the sooner the better. I think that is what I will recommend to the family.

We went the 1st 2 weeks of May this year. It was great compared to our previous trip in July/Aug 2003. The weather was much better and the crowds -- well, there were no crowds compared to the summer. And we were there 5/5 which was the kickoff of the Happiest Celebration on Earth.

We did the Mother's Day brunch and it was excellent!

Even though school wasn't out yet for the year, we noticed that several schools must take "end of the year" field trips to the parks on Fridays. There were lots of busses dropping off lots of kids, but the crowd level was still great.

We've decided this is the time of year we prefer to go, so we're shooting for early May 2006 as well.

We are planning our honeymoon for the dates of 5/1-5/8. I think we have decided to stay at CSR but I haven't made our ressies yet. Planning on doing so at the end of the month. I'm excited to hear the weather is good and that the crowds are tolerable. Ok, gotta do a little happy dance! :banana:

Tash

We went this past Aprl(4/22-4/30) Would love to take a short trip again maybe the first week of May. Does anyone know when grad nights are for 2006? We stayed at POP this year. My 5 yr old son would probably enjoy ASMO for a small trip. So does dreaming and hoping count for next May?

Magalex ::MinnieMo

We made our first wdw trip the first week of May this year. The only day that felt really crowded was Friday, May 6th at Epcot. And even that wasn't bad with the exception of Soarin.

I'm planning a trip again for the same time next year. Don't know where we are staying yet because I don't know if my mom is going to go with us. We're on a budget, but if we can swing it, we'd like to spend a few nights at a deluxe or DVC. The budget part of the trip will be either 2 rooms at Pop or ASMo or 1 room at POR (only if my mom doesn't go).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter