Is it to early to reserve a car?

mcvixen

Mouseketeer
We're going down in Feb 2010. Flights booked & paid :banana:.

After reading these boards, I've gotten scared about the car rental, so we went ahead and reserved an econo-box for $150 for 5 days ($200 with taxes, etc). Pickup is at the airport.

I have two questions:

a) Is it crazy to reserve a car this early?
b) Doesn't this rate seem a bit high? It works out to $40 a day!

It doesn't hurt to make a reservation, you can always cancel it. I typically reserve and cancel 5 or 6 times as the rates go down closer to the date.

It is high but rental rates have been running high, especially far in advance. I was there in mid June, my reservation was originally around $300, it kept dropping closer to the date and my final was $150 for 8 days, National Emerald Aisle.

It is NEVER too early to book a rental car. Like DebbieB said, the rates change all the time. Whenever I have a free moment, I start checking my reservation, see if there are any new codes that apply. My June trip, I started at $250 with a midsize at National. Ended up paying $114 for the weekly rental. :cool1:

I get a "high" when I save money on a car rental.

Hmmm.... looks like I should keep an eye on National.....

Thank you for the advice!

Book early and often, take the best deal. :cool1::cool1::cool1:
Be sure to cancel everything your not going to use the week before you go to WDW.:confused3
We're going down for April 17-24 2010 school Vacation week.:laundy:
Back in May I booked our round trip, non-stop Airfare on Delta for $239 per person and a Cadillac rental through Delta $293 total for the week, :surfweb:
that same airfare today is going for about $1,665 per person and the Cadillac is going for about $1,200 for the week. :teacher:
It pays to book early and often. :banana::banana::banana::banana:
good luck all,
Joe

We always start early on a car reservation. One time I called in and she said I had 6 resaervations for the same day. I told her to look again and said 5 of them were cancelled. As the price dropped, I made new reservations.

I agree with the others.........it's never too early to book car reservations. :)I usually use Dollar and get great deals. I booked in May for our December trip. With the code OOAG I was able to get a mini - van for $199 plus taxes for the week.

I keep checking the rates and cancel the earlier reservations if I get a better deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter