• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Is it time to eat again already?!" **7 days of free dining with pics!!**

You have to love WCC, my wife and I ate there on our 3rd anniversary, and had a blast. Great food and atmosphere, good combination for sure, have to go next year I think. Looking forward to more.

Day 2!

We got up early this day and headed over to Epcot, so we ate breakfast in our room before we left (granola bars, left over apple pie :confused3 , and Nora had her "Mickey Cereal" which is pretty much like Fruity Pebbles.)

We had a lunch reservation at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall at 11:50AM. If you're interested in reading the funny story about Nora's Snow White costume - head over to my sister's trip report . Nora is quite a kid, that's for sure! :rotfl2:

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (Lunch)

IMG_0241.jpg

Once we got checked in, they called our name and we headed inside to get our picture taken with Belle! Nora could see all the princesses walking around to the tables as we walked in and all she wanted to know was "Where's Snow White??" So I think she was a bit disappointed to get her picture taken with Belle hehe. Her picture came out cute (even though she wasn't smiling at all!) They brought a free 5x7 and 4 4x6's over to our table later on in the meal!

Here is the inside of the restaurant - neat theming - a bit crowded! The restaurant is split up into a few different rooms and we were in the room on the far right, and scored a table in the back corner which was great because Nora did not want to sit still - She wanted to know "Where's Snow White"! The girl has a one track princess mind! Okay, let's get to the FOOD!

IMG_0245.jpg

The waitress came and took our drink order and left us this basket of rolls (complete with hidden mickey in the butter)...

IMG_0250.jpg

We were then allowed to head up to the buffet which consisted of a variety of meats and cheeses, fruit and pasta salad. I didn't get a picture of the actual buffet, but here are our plates...

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

So, again we ran into the problem of filling up on the bread and salad before our meal arrived! hehe...The cold buffet was okay, but nothing too spectacular. Very basic sliced turkey lunch meat, and cubes of swiss cheese, etc. Nora enjoyed the mixed fruit and pretty much nothing else. :rolleyes1

For our meals:

Kelly ordered the chicken dish, which for some reason isn't on the menu at allears so I can't tell you what it was exactly. She liked it and said the chicken had good flavor. She ate almost the whole thing! :scared1:

IMG_0252.jpg

I had the Akershus Pasta: Pasta and sauteed garden vegetables with a fresh herb roasted garlic pesto. This was good, but the princesses stopped by right after our meal came so it was cold by the time I ate it. Would have been better hot :)

IMG_0254.jpg

Mom had the Soup and Sandwich: Fish chowder paired with pan-seared salmon served open-faced on toasted multigrain bread,
lettuce, tomato and topped with a roasted garlic caper mayonnaise. She LOVED the soup and said she could have had a bowl of that for her whole meal! She also enjoyed the salmon sandwich but I think she ended up eating it with a fork and knife because it was very big and messy!

IMG_0255.jpg

Nora had the kids cheese pizza (which she did not even attempt to eat) :sad2: <--this is my favorite face btw hehe so off topic..

IMG_0256.jpg

Alright, so as I mentioned earlier, the princesses showed up right as our lunch was served. And they all came one after the other with hardly any time in between! Little Miss Nora was starstruck! She had yapped the whole time Where's Snow White, Where's Princess Rella, Where's Belle? So of course when they showed up she wouldn't say a peep! She did manage to ask Aurora where Snow White was though haha. The princesses all took a good amount of time trying to get Nora to interact with them and tried their hardest to let us get some good pictures - to no avail (although I must admit part of the problem with getting pictures was that a certain sister of mine didn't have her flash up in the restaurant so all our pics came out blurry! :sad2:) Anyways - finally, after much anticipation - Snow White!

img_2174.jpg

Nora even got a kiss!

img_2177.jpg

So even though Nora was a little scared of the princesses when it was her turn, she loved them as soon as they walked away. If you ask her what she did in Florida she'll tell you "I saw Snow White" hehe So I guess the princess lunch was a success! Oh let's not forget dessert...

Here is the dessert plate - Flourless Chocolate Cake, Traditional Rice Cream topped with Strawberry Sauce, and School Bread

IMG_0257.jpg

The chocolate cake was wowza chocolately! :scared1: It was like eating a spoonful of powdered cocoa! Even Nora the chocolate cake queen wouldn't eat it! The rice cream was also not a hit with us - reminded me of cottage cheese. It really didn't have much of a flavor, but the texture was weird! That leaves the school bread. Now, as a dedicated Disser, I have read all about the school bread and was disappointed that I forgot to try it on our last trip. So even though it has changed from how it used to be (or so I have read) I didn't have anything to compare it to, and I loved it! MMM very tasty! We all agreed that the Dissers were right once again - we knew you would never steer us wrong! :thumbsup2

Credits used: 3 TS (I think they ended up giving us Nora's pizza for free since she didn't eat any of it - or maybe the kids meal was included here - not sure)

Likes: We very much liked the atmosphere here and getting to see all the princesses in one sitting was HUGE for princess obsessed Nora. I also liked that the picture with Belle was included with the meal (and since we were on the free DDP that made it even better)

Dislikes: The food here was just okay - which I think was what we expected. We basically went for the princesses and they didn't disappoint. I think part of our problem was that by the time we got here we were all SO hungry that anything would have tasted good to us! Another one of the problems with this lunch was (as I mentioned earlier) that the princesses came very close together and right as we got our food. The timing wasn't great - but I'm not sure if it just happened to work out that way because of where we were sitting or what?

Would we eat here again: Probably not. I am glad that we tried it once, but it will not be on our list to go back to right away. Maybe once Nora is older and will actually pose for pictures and isn't as scared of the princesses it would make more sense for us. I hope I don't sound too "Debbie Downer" in this post, because we really did enjoy this meal - the food just didn't compare to some of the other restaurants.

img_2130.jpg

Stay tuned for the Barefoot Pool Bar, Cosmic Rays and MVMCP!
:santa:

Okay, so I totally shouldn't have just read that at this time of night! Now I am hungry for a midnight snack! I'm so excited that we have such great Disney memories--especially the food! hehe! Great review! Oh, and for the record-I believe Sarah licked her platter clean at that meal too! Ha!:rolleyes1 -Kelly

Another great review! I liked your picture of the inside of Akershus, I always expected it to look like a dungeon inside - no idea why. But it is really light in there. I would have liked to try it before it was turned into a character meal.

I'm tuning in! It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful girls only trip.princess: And the food of course looks deeelish!:thumbsup2

Another great review! I liked your picture of the inside of Akershus, I always expected it to look like a dungeon inside - no idea why. But it is really light in there.

Ditto! I thought it would be dungeon-ish, too.

I love it when reports include inside and outside pics of the restaurants.

I also realized while reading your report that I've been spelling Akershus wrong the past couple months. I think I was doing Askerhus. Now I'll have to retrain my brain. :sad2: (throwing in your favorite emoticon!) There's so many things about WDW that I'm sure I'm going to butcher when I try to vocalize them in WDW. Like Le Cellier. It sounds pretty in my head...but when I tried telling my DH about it, my four years of French classes sounded pretty awful! Same with Narcoosses...how are you supposed to pronounce that?

Oh my! I've really babbled in your thread. Please forgive! :)

I also realized while reading your report that I've been spelling Akershus wrong the past couple months. I think I was doing Askerhus. Now I'll have to retrain my brain.

DH always told me it was "OSCAR SHOOS" or at least that's how to pronounce it, but apparently he's wrong too! :rolleyes1

ETA - OP, I'm sorry for intervening. :D I just had to laugh at this comment. And I can't wait for more updates!

Ditto! I thought it would be dungeon-ish, too.

I love it when reports include inside and outside pics of the restaurants.

I also realized while reading your report that I've been spelling Akershus wrong the past couple months. I think I was doing Askerhus. Now I'll have to retrain my brain. :sad2: (throwing in your favorite emoticon!) There's so many things about WDW that I'm sure I'm going to butcher when I try to vocalize them in WDW. Like Le Cellier. It sounds pretty in my head...but when I tried telling my DH about it, my four years of French classes sounded pretty awful! Same with Narcoosses...how are you supposed to pronounce that?

Oh my! I've really babbled in your thread. Please forgive! :)

DH always told me it was "OSCAR SHOOS" or at least that's how to pronounce it, but apparently he's wrong too! :rolleyes1

ETA - OP, I'm sorry for intervening. :D I just had to laugh at this comment. And I can't wait for more updates!

Hehe - to tell you the truth I always just call it the princess lunch because I have no idea how it is actually pronounced!! Does anyone out in disboardland know the answer?!?! :confused3 I can help with Le Cellier: (Le cell-e-air) and Not sure about Narcoosses either lol :lmao:

Thanks to everyone who has joined us and commented so far :goodvibes This is great fun!

Day 2 - Part 2!

Alright, so before we get to the next reviews, I thought I would share a picture of our Disney Dining Plan Tracker that we used to keep track of our meals and snacks! It would have worked our really well, except for the fact that we forgot to bring it with us most of the time, and halfway through the trip *someone* spilled milk on it so it got all smudged! :sad2: I would highly recommend laminating your tracker or bringing an extra just in case!

kellypsycho.png

Okay, back to business. After our fun princess lunch we headed back to the Poly for nap time. While Grammie and Nora took their naps, Kelly and I head out to explore the resort and ended up here:

IMG_0262.jpg

We decided to try it out and shared a Mojito - it was yummy and pretty too!

IMG_0263.jpg

We took our drink and relaxed in a hammock on the beach - what a view!

img_2011.jpg

We even found a Hidden Mickey in the sand! :thumbsup2

IMG_0264.jpg

We then headed back to the room to get ready for MVMCP - check out my sister's trippie for the details on that! We were originally planning on eating at Captain Cooks before we went to MVMVP, but none of us was hungry yet - since we left for the party around 4ish, so we decided we would wait and hit up our favorite MK CS...

Cosmic Rays! Cosmic Rays has become a staple for us on our trips. I'm not sure why, but it's just always a good choice for us! Kelly and I left mom and Nora at the Micky's Twas the Night before Christmas show to save seats, while we got take out! As you can imagine, it was pretty packed at Cosmic Rays and very packed at the galaxy theater by the time we got back with the goods. I am ashamed to say we wolfed down the food without even thinking about taking a picture of it! :guilty: I think part of the reason was that we wanted to finish before the show started - or it could have been all the people drooling around us who hadn't been as clever as us to stop by Cosmic Rays! hehe....If I remember correctly, we ordered chicken fingers and fries (these are more like nuggets, but not the ones they give the kids, more like chicken tenders but half the size, but they give you a ton on the dining plan - 8 or 10 pieces, definitely enough to share!), a grilled chicken sandwich, a yogurt (for Nora) and chocolate cake. As always, it did not disappoint!

Credits Used: 2 CS (the three of us shared, since we were planning on getting a funnel cake later on, which we never ended up getting :()

Likes: Can't go wrong here! Get value for the credits used and there are a lot of different options - plus there is always a lot of seating in there if you are planning on eating there.

Dislikes: I had a bit of an issue with the CM who was taking my order. I tried to explain to him that I wanted the yogurt as one of my sides instead of french fries (since the yogurt was clearly listed on the menu as a side) but he gave it to me as a dessert instead. Oh well, we ate all the french fries anyways and its not like we needed another dessert to add to our Disney weight gain! hehe!

Would we eat here again:
YES! :love:

Later on that evening we were treated to the yummiest hot cocoa and sugar cookies (probably they were extra good just because they were at Disney hehe) and Nora had apple slices and apple juice!

IMG_0287.jpg

After MVMCP we went back to the Poly and stopped in to Captain Cook's for a little Midnight snack (I think it was literally midnight at this point - or close to it!) We tried the pepperoni flat bread.

IMG_0339.jpg

The chocolate milk was included with the meal on the dining plan, the vitamin water we had to use a snack credit for!

IMG_0338.jpg

And for dessert - a dole whip twist! Yum! Perhaps the best part of the Poly - the self serve dole whip machine! Yummmmy!

IMG_0337.jpg

Nora enjoyed the Cheetos we brought with us :) Haha priceless! :lmao: (Sorry about the red eye - I couldn't get it to go away)

IMG_0349.jpg

Credits used:
1 CS, 1 S (yes, the vitamin water was the first snack credit we used lol)

Likes: The pepperoni pizza flat bread between the 3 of us was a perfect late night snack. We would have preferred to get a Hawaiian pizza, but I guess they only have pepperoni or cheese late-night. We were just happy they were still cookin' pizza at that time of night - can't complain about pepperoni!

Dislikes:
No complaints here. :flower3:

Coming up: Mickey waffles and Pizzafari Lunch! :dance3:

great review again, I love all the info on what is available at the Poly - I can absolutely picture myself with this drink at the beach in just 41 days! :cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter