Is it time to call?

brelyt

Mouseketeer
We received notice from Fidelity that we passed ROFR on June 24. We have not yet received our closing documents from the title company (First American?). When should I start calling Fidelity/First American?

We received notice from Fidelity that we passed ROFR on June 24. We have not yet received our closing documents from the title company (First American?). When should I start calling Fidelity/First American?

June 25!

If you have been informed by the broker that you passed ROFR, you should have received closing documents in a timely fashion. It has now been over 2 weeks. I'd certainly call at least your broker to ask about the delay.

brelyt said:

Call or email Fidelity. They will have a better chance of getting you "moved up" in the title company's queue.

Griz

I would call.. this wait time is ridiculous. I waited a week for my closing docs from them. I just saw that my name is spelled wrong on our deed!!!! How could they make a mistake like that!!

I would call.. this wait time is ridiculous. I waited a week for my closing docs from them. I just saw that my name is spelled wrong on our deed!!!! How could they make a mistake like that!!

I waited 12 days for my closing documents from First American, and when they finally arrived, my last name was spelled wrong 3 different ways on the forms. I received the documents with errors on a Friday, corrected copies the following Monday.

I kept in touch with my title company from ROFR passing to closing docs. Due to the 4th holiday, it took exactly a week to get them. I pushed them along the way, as I will do if the seller delays.

2 weeks is way too long.

I called Fidelity this morning. Sharon emailed First American. They responded back within 5 minutes that (amazingly) they were planning to send the documents this afternoon. I got them about 30 minutes later. Everything looked correct, luckily.

Moral of the story, stay on them if you want faster response times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter