Is it time for Kofi Annon to go?

DawnCt1

<font color=red>I had to wonder what "holiday" he
Listening to Kofi Annon prattle on and on "about the rule of law", not once did he mention the Sudan, Mozambique, Rwanda or the oil for food corruption. There was no mention or condemnation of terrorism and when violence was discussed, the genocide in Africa wasn't even mention but ISRAEL instead. However, this is the organization that Kerry plans to appeal to help to, IF he is elected. The United Nations will continue to be seen as a joke as long as the likes of Kofi lead the way.

Kofi Annan is not the problem with the UN, IMO. The problem is that some seem intent on giving the UN more power than it was ever intended to have.

He's doing a great Job ::yes::

Have to say i'm getting fed up with GB - quote

"We've accomplished much in the last year -- in Afghanistan and beyond."

Oh really George - keep taking the tablets over a 1,000 service personal killed and over 7000 injured :(

:(

Originally posted by kingbilly
He's doing a great Job ::yes::

Have to say i'm getting fed up with GB - quote

"We've accomplished much in the last year -- in Afghanistan and beyond."

Oh really George - keep taking the tablets over a 1,000 service personal killed and over 7000 injured :(

:(

Perhaps you could explain to me just what "great job" Kofi is doing? He is a leader of an organization that contains thugs and dictators. He is in a position to address issues of women's rights, genocide, and freedom but it took the President of the United States to do that. The UN is a failed organization under a failed leader.

:) now that did make me smile just change Kofi for George and your spot on lol

You failed to answer the question. What "great job" is Kofi doing? Other than supporting the status quo of a failed organization..

:D now that did make me smile just change Kofi for George and your spot on lol

He's back.....
dont forget....doesnt answer questions when directed towards him.

Is this a question and answer session.

First of his name is Kofi Annan

Today Secretary-General Kofi Annan, accompanied by UN Messengers of Peace Muhammad Ali, Anna Cataldi and Jane Goodall, rang the Peace Bell to mark the International Day of Peace, which coincided with the start of the General Debate of the 59th session of the General Assembly. The Secretary-General then told the General Assembly that the rule of law is at risk around the world, with fundamental laws being shamelessly disregarded again and again.

Sounds like hes doing a 1st class job.

Nebsky, yep it's looking more and more like we have a return visitor.

Originally posted by Miss Jasmine
Nebsky, yep it's looking more and more like we have a return visitor.

Wouldn't be the first one.

So, welcome whoever you are or welcome back whoever you used to be.

I think that about covers it.

Originally posted by ThAnswr
Wouldn't be the first one.

So, welcome whoever you are or welcome back whoever you used to be.

I think that about covers it.
ROFL. Actually, that is very true!

Today Secretary-General Kofi Annan, accompanied by UN Messengers of Peace Muhammad Ali, Anna Cataldi and Jane Goodall, rang the Peace Bell to mark the International Day of Peace, which coincided with the start of the General Debate of the 59th session of the General Assembly. The Secretary-General then told the General Assembly that the rule of law is at risk around the world, with fundamental laws being shamelessly disregarded again and again.

What in the world does this prove? He rang a bell, so he's doing a good job? :confused: He is doing a horrible job. All the UN does anymore is bash America, yet the majority of their funding comes from America. If they don't like us, don't take our money. The UN is simply UN-American.

Today Secretary-General Kofi Annan, accompanied by UN Messengers of Peace Muhammad Ali, Anna Cataldi and Jane Goodall, rang the Peace Bell ...........

First of all, I think that Kofi Annan misspells his name. It should be Kofi A-NONE! So he rang the peace bell, school is out and the thugs and dictators are at play. A first class job? I think not.

Your entilted to you views no matter how wrong you are.

Don't for get the US let him get in Dawn. When it came to a Vote the US vetoed a second term for his predecessor, Boutros Boutros-Ghali of Egypt.

The Security Council recognized it was still Africa's "turn" in the UN's highest office, and eventually selected the U.S.- and French-backed Annan.

Your entilted to you views no matter how wrong you are.

Don't for get the US let him get in Dawn. When it came to a Vote the US vetoed a second term for his predecessor, Boutros Boutros-Ghali of Egypt.

The Security Council recognized it was still Africa's "turn" in the UN's highest office, and eventually selected the U.S.- and French-backed Annan.

From the frying pan into the fire.

Dawn, What a great and apt post. I'm not sure Kofi Annan is the only problem there. The UN is a waste of an organization--bureaucratic, ineffectual and just a little more anti-American as a certain poster on this thread.

I have mixed feelings regarding the UN. Their actions are despicable. Their bias completely out in the open. Would it be better in the long run or worse if we stopped dealing with them completely? I am not sure which would be more beneficial. We should definitely limit our huge financial support of that organization.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter