Is it the season bringing out the crazy or what?

OceanAnnie

I guess I have a thing against
The other day, I was at the grocery store and a woman actually asked if she could have something out of my cart! I directed her to where she could find the item. She had walked right past it to come to the area I was standing. I was stunned. She wanted to shop from my cart!

That's just one of a few doozies lately. Have you had any strange encounters lately?

She wanted to shop from your cart? Sounds like she might be the wife of a recent troll.

I haven't had any encounters recently that I would call strange, but I did manage to tick off a guy in the freezer aisle. They had BOGO on an expensive item, but you had to get a specific size and the sign wasn't directly in front of the correct size. I saw a guy who was obviously in a hurry grab handfuls and toss them in his cart. Well, only problem was he was getting the size that wasn't sale. Thinking I was being helpful, since I had made the same mistake at first, I said, "Excuse me. I just wanted to let you know that it is the big size that is on sale." Well! He got extremely angry and shouted that he was in a hurry and that I should mind my own business. He stormed off with his cart. Yikes. Tis the season.

I don't know if it's the season, the holidays, the almost full moon - or what - however, IMO people are getting weirder and freaking weirder.

Frankly, they're creeping me out. :laughing: :eek:

Nope. Don't think it is season related. There's more than enough wacko to go around irrespective of day, week, hour, month, time of year.

Nope. Don't think it is season related. There's more than enough wacko to go around irrespective of day, week, hour, month, time of year.

True!

My crazy thing for the week: i had an older man (early 60's at most) call me a dummy with my car windows rolled down and spank my car.

Why? because he placed himself in between 2 box type trucks in a fire zone and there is a speed bump and my car is really low to the ground so I practically had to stop and go really slow not to make it crunch my car.

He was mad because when I did that, he couldn't dart out in between the trucks. He is very lucky that I'm not some crazy person, people have been hurt for dumb stuff like that.

I do think people are getting weirder.

In line yesterday, I was in front of a woman that had a broken filter. She rattled on and on with some children a few people ahead of me. I thought she knew them until it became apparent that she did not. Talked very loudly, asked a ton of questions, some quite odd from a stranger. The kids were maybe close to 3 yrs. old. They got agitated and started to scatter. The mother had to reign them in a few times. I thought the mother was very nice and tolerated the woman bombarding the kids with questions. As the mother left the woman announced to no one in particular, "What a horrible woman, bossing those children around.". I bit my tongue. She threw out a few other pearls that had me wondering if she had some issues.

It's amazing how two people can see completely different things.

She wanted to shop from your cart? Sounds like she might be the wife of a recent troll.

LOL! that was exactly my first thought (except the poster you are referring to claims to be 'single' at least according to his screen name!)

Why would the lady not just ask you where you found the item, instead of wanting to take the one in your cart? Unless you were being a piggy and took everyone of the item off the shelf? lol!

Hey OceanAnnie,

In a word, yes!!! I do think the holidays brings out the wackadoodles. Maybe it's because on the holidays they get a break from their meds? who knows. I've got another supermarket story.

In my local shoprite they have a "gourmet" cheese section. You can get a bit better grade of cheese, say slice Parmesean from italy, stuff like that. well Sunday a women was there taking a "bite" out of all the cheese and then putting it back. Me and another women stood there and stared at her for a good 60 secs, finally the other women next to me said "uhm excuse me, you're not supposed to eat that" and she said "oh no, its ok I have special permission". We both went to the service counter to report it and of course the supermarket sends some one flying over there. we're following ( I totally admit, I was nosey) and get there a few secs after the store manager and the women is screaming that the store owner gave her permission to test the cheese. I whiz by the section at the end of my shopping and a poor shoprite worker is there emptying the entire case.

LOL! that was exactly my first thought (except the poster you are referring to claims to be 'single' at least according to his screen name!)

Why would the lady not just ask you where you found the item, instead of wanting to take the one in your cart? Unless you were being a piggy and took everyone of the item off the shelf? lol!

There is a little back story to it. I was buying some flowers that were on sale and some that weren't. The ones that were on sale were pitiful, but I knew I could plant them and they would come back. So I did get what I wanted to plant. There were some left. The woman came up and said she wanted two. I had one in my hand that looked better than the ones that were left so I put the one in my hand back for her. I thought I was pretty nice to do that, since I was there first. She asked if you could plant them and I told her yes. She didn't know what to do with them. I think she just saw a good deal that I was getting.

As I was leaving, she saw some other plants in my cart and asked if she could have one. Those weren't on sale and were double the price. She walked right past them to see what I was putting in my cart. I told her to look to her left as there were a lot of them right there. But they weren't on sale. She didn't want them then. I guess they lost their appeal when they weren't in my cart. :upsidedow

Hey OceanAnnie,

In a word, yes!!! I do think the holidays brings out the wackadoodles. Maybe it's because on the holidays they get a break from their meds? who knows. I've got another supermarket story.

In my local shoprite they have a "gourmet" cheese section. You can get a bit better grade of cheese, say slice Parmesean from italy, stuff like that. well Sunday a women was there taking a "bite" out of all the cheese and then putting it back. Me and another women stood there and stared at her for a good 60 secs, finally the other women next to me said "uhm excuse me, you're not supposed to eat that" and she said "oh no, its ok I have special permission". We both went to the service counter to report it and of course the supermarket sends some one flying over there. we're following ( I totally admit, I was nosey) and get there a few secs after the store manager and the women is screaming that the store owner gave her permission to test the cheese. I whiz by the section at the end of my shopping and a poor shoprite worker is there emptying the entire case.

That is so gross! I'll look more carefully at the cheese section from now on. Ugh.

After reading all these stories all I can say is, "Oh my!" :laughing: So glad I live way out in the boonies where there aren't allot of stores. I go out once a week to the larger town to shop and stay put here where the "odd ones" can't see me or get me. :lmao:

I was at Target yesterday buying two things: a microwave oven and a santa hat. The express lines were pretty long, so I got into a regular line that looked to be a little shorter, even though people had more items. The lines were probably about even time-wise. This woman walked up and got behind with with 5 or 6 items in her hands. She seemed kind of ticked off that the express lines were so long. She came up next to me and said, "Can I go ahead? I only have these?" I said, "I only have two things," and turned back around. She kind of motioned toward the microwave in the cart, like it was big and therefore would take longer to ring up? I didn't speak to her any further, but I assumed she thought her 5 or 6 small items would take less time to pay for than my 1 small and 1 large item? I didn't even take the microwave out of the cart. The cashier just zapped it with the hand-held scanner. It took much less time than passing multiple items over the scanner and bagging them. This woman continued to stand behind me and huff and puff and shuffle her feet. Was I rude to not let her go ahead, even though I had fewer items? Our microwave had just died about an hour before. I needed to get home, set up the new one, quickly eat dinner and get my son to his band concert (along with the new santa hat I was buying). I always let people go ahead when they really do have fewer items. But in this case, she had more than I did!

It has to be the season! The other day we were at the store and one of the employees and a customer were carrying this big heavy box to the car (about 250 lb or more) when they were by the door a lady stops the employee to ask him how much a christmas card was?!?! Like she couldn't have waited a couple minutes until he drop they box off.

I was at Target yesterday buying two things: a microwave oven and a santa hat. The express lines were pretty long, so I got into a regular line that looked to be a little shorter, even though people had more items. The lines were probably about even time-wise. This woman walked up and got behind with with 5 or 6 items in her hands. She seemed kind of ticked off that the express lines were so long. She came up next to me and said, "Can I go ahead? I only have these?" I said, "I only have two things," and turned back around. She kind of motioned toward the microwave in the cart, like it was big and therefore would take longer to ring up? I didn't speak to her any further, but I assumed she thought her 5 or 6 small items would take less time to pay for than my 1 small and 1 large item? I didn't even take the microwave out of the cart. The cashier just zapped it with the hand-held scanner. It took much less time than passing multiple items over the scanner and bagging them. This woman continued to stand behind me and huff and puff and shuffle her feet. Was I rude to not let her go ahead, even though I had fewer items? Our microwave had just died about an hour before. I needed to get home, set up the new one, quickly eat dinner and get my son to his band concert (along with the new santa hat I was buying). I always let people go ahead when they really do have fewer items. But in this case, she had more than I did!

I had almost the same experience the other day at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Some older woman got behind me on line and immediately started huffing and puffing and making comments under her breath. Now, there was only 1 person in front of me and she was just about done when the nutbag got in line. Then as the sales girl was wrapping my candle, she almost had a seizure she was huffing so much. We(me and the people behind her) were actually laughing out loud at how ridiculous she was.

This was quite a while ago, but I always think of this when I hear "wacko shopper stories."
I was at Walmart in the shampoo aisle when I noticed a lady, (probably mid 40s) reading a shampoo bottle. Okay, no big deal, I read them too. Then she smells it, again normal.....
Then she squirted a big glop in her hand :confused3 smelled it again, licked it :scared1: And said (to no one in particular) "there is no way there is coconut in that" I about died.

IThen as the sales girl was wrapping my candle, she almost had a seizure she was huffing so much. We(me and the people behind her) were actually laughing out loud at how ridiculous she was.

DANG! I am kooky and kind of mouthy so I would have asked if I could get her a paper bag since she seemed to be hyperventilating lol.

Wow, some of these stories are amazing!

I did laugh at a lady today at Kohl's. I went there on my lunch hour to return something, and the line at customer service was quite long. Kohl's is doing a big sale with Kohl's cash as a bonus right now, so Kohl's was pretty crazy.

I'm near the end of the customer service line and a lady (guessing in her 50's or 60's) walks in with her elderly mother (guessing in her 70's or 80's). She then huffs and puffs and complains LOUDLY about how ridiculous the line is. She must've said how ridiculous the line was about 10 times in 1 minute LOL. Ultimately she decided not to return her item at that time and left LOUDLY announcing what poor customer service it was for her to have to wait in a long line. I can totally understand that it wouldn't be easy for her elderly mother to stand in the line, but that didn't seem to be the issue. She just seemed to be miffed that she couldn't run right in and right out.

I felt her pain in the sense that I only had 1 item to return, I'm 8 months pregnant and uncomfortable, and I didn't want to wait in a crazy long line myself. However, either you just grin and bear it or you leave. No need to go on and on and on about how long the line is loud enough for people 15 feet away to hear her LOL.

Wow...the stories are crazy. I will never understand some people, LOL.

On an opposite note, I was irritated with one of the stores before Black Friday. Kohl's was running a commercial here (not sure if it was all over the country or just here) that not only included a very annoying song but showed a woman sticking her hand in an elderly woman's face as she walked into Kohl's on Black Friday and then showed her taking an item out of someone else cart as she walked by. I know it was done in jest based on the reputation of Black Friday, but it really rubbed me the wrong way. And that darn commercial played over, and over, and over again.....

I refused to shop at Kohl's just out of spite for that commercial, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter