Is it that great...

I stayed at BWV in November for the first time, renting DVC points which made it much more affordable--and absolutely it was worth it!!!

We've stayed at BWV three times renting points, it does make it a lot more affordable. Having the boardwalk there, and being so close to HS & EPCOT is definitely worth it :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

For my family, walking to/from EP or HS is an awesome perk. We love staying in the EP resort area!

...being so close to EPCOT and HS when staying at one of the EPCOT Deluxe resorts? It really seems like it would be. They are definitely our favorite parks, and to be able to walk/take a short boat ride to them seems like it would be fabulous! I was planning on CBR (for April 2016), but am now considering BC because of this. Although I prefer the theming of CBR, BC would also be great because of the pool and room balcony to be able to sit on. Clearly the difference in price is a big consideration and I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Only you can determine the difference between the cost & convenience, but yes it is a HUGE perk being this close..We haven't been at BC/YC yet, but staying at BWV was awesome....It's just a different experience....Much different from our AKL/V stays, for obvious reasons, but equally as great....Good luck choosing..

Last year we stayed at one of these for the first time - Boardwalk Inn - and LOVED it. This year we'll be staying at Yacht Club. My husband was just quizzing me on whether it is really worth the extra money (over a 5 BR at a mod) and even though I haven't actually stayed at a Mod, I said YES. I loved all the dining options, the sweet shop, the little market where we bought breakfast stuff. Loved not having to take the bus everywhere. I can't wait to try Stormalong Bay this year!!!

After our first trip, where we stayed at Coronado Springs, we picked the Swan for the follow up and have been hooked on the EPCOT resorts ever since. Helps that EPCOT is our 2nd favorite park behind MK. Never did stay at the Dolphin, but we've stayed at the Swan, Boardwalk (several times), Yacht club and Beach club (twice). Quite handy using park-hoppers and doing 3/4 day at HS then hopping the boat over to EPCOT in the late afternoon to get to an early evening ADR. I think Beach club is our favorite. Our next trip is during F&W, so being in an EPCOT resort is a given. It's just a short walk from the Beach club to the International Gateway. And if the weather is hot, the Beach club pool area is the best.

Yes it is that great :) It was so nice staying at Beach Club last year with three small children and being able to walk/push the stroller to two parks. We beat the boat to Hollywood Studios several times by walking. Stormalong Bay is another huge plus for BC/YC.

I never really thought about Swan/Dolphin. Is there anything we'd be missing by staying there? I'd love to hear what you feel are their pros and cons if you don't mind!
These are not Disney properties and have a more business like feel to them. We stay at BWV and love the walk to Epcot or HS, you can actually walk faster than the boat to either park

Poly also looks good. You can walk or take the monorail to the TTC, which makes it convenient to MK and Epcot!

...being so close to EPCOT and HS when staying at one of the EPCOT Deluxe resorts? It really seems like it would be. They are definitely our favorite parks, and to be able to walk/take a short boat ride to them seems like it would be fabulous! I was planning on CBR (for April 2016), but am now considering BC because of this. Although I prefer the theming of CBR, BC would also be great because of the pool and room balcony to be able to sit on. Clearly the difference in price is a big consideration and I'm wondering if it's worth it.

We think it's beyond great and well worth it to us!pixiedust:

Yes, it is that good.

If money is an issue, check out Swan and Dolphin. We started using the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express card. We haven't paid for lodging on our last three trips. We book on points. All we have to pay is the resort fee. Now that is a sweet deal.

Also..other things that always persuade us to stay at BC are: s'mores roast on the beach (free), movies on the beach (amazing with fireworks from either Ep or DHS in the background, the pool area...seriously..I can't say it enough. Our kids LOVE the sand bottom pool...but Disney sand is magic I am pretty sure, because it doesn't stick to you like scratchy glue like the beach.

BC is hands-down my favorite resort too and you've mentioned all the best reasons!! BC just feels like vacation within a vacation too.

You mentioned the scent - I *love* walking on BC property and the summery scent that greets you! Try Aqua Di Gio cologne. :) It's not a perfect match but somehow reflects both BC and Soarin.

check out Swan and Dolphin

We've stayed at Swan and Dolphin a couple of times and they have such great pool areas. Our kids are older, so we didn't mind the little bit of "business resort" feeling that we had there. We got $99/night rates there - can't be beat!

We've stayed at all levels of resort including the WL, Poly and BWI. All have their perks but my kids are older now and their favorite thing to do at night is walk around the World Showcase. Because of this, we've decided to stay at the BC this Summer. The Boardwalk and the ease of access to EP and HS are big perks. And not being on a bus everyday sure lessens my husband's vacation stress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter