• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is It still hard to get an Ohana dinner reservation?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
For anyone who has already booked or tried to book an Ohana dinner how did it go?
I make reservations next week.

Yes.
I havent been able to get a dinner for 4, for ANY day of the week. Ended up with a breakfast instead.

Yes.
I havent been able to get a dinner for 4, for ANY day of the week. Ended up with a breakfast instead.
Oh not good! I want dinner 😭. I have played around with the dining reservation looking on other days ahead of mine and nothing comes up.

Keep stalking--- I was able to get July 26 @ 8:15 (Dinner) last night, after checking for a week--- hoping to catch some HEA from the restaurant !!!

It was easy for me to get a table for 2 when I booked on the 10th. Also, we always set it later in our trip because less people have access to book. It ends up only being resort guests. Just a thing we’ve always done.

I didn't feel like getting up at 6 a.m. on the first morning they opened up reservations (our trip is a little over 30 days out, probably around 40 at the time). My internal alarm woke me at 6:45 and I immediately went on. Over the course of our 7-day trip, two options were open: 9:50pm on day 1 or 9:45 on day 5. I took the 9:45 on day 5 since we have a park reservation for Epcot the next morning and can sleep a little longer. I have been trying to move it up many times a day, with no luck so far.

ETA: part of 6

I didn't feel like getting up at 6 a.m. on the first morning they opened up reservations (our trip is a little over 30 days out, probably around 40 at the time). My internal alarm woke me at 6:45 and I immediately went on. Over the course of our 7-day trip, two options were open: 9:50pm on day 1 or 9:45 on day 5. I took the 9:45 on day 5 since we have a park reservation for Epcot the next morning and can sleep a little longer. I have been trying to move it up many times a day, with no luck so far.

ETA: part of 6
Yes I’m not looking forward to getting up early!

I suspect once more people realize how they have downgraded the quality of items on the menu, it likely won't be that popular anymore.

At 60+2, we were able to get dinner reservations but had to split (5 and 5) for August 15. My sister and I were both up and ready at 6AM to do it.

I somehow got two in late August … I need to cancel one. I was really sleepy this morning when ADRs opened and somehow booked ohana and BOG the same night (one is earlier and one later)

I somehow got two in late August … I need to cancel one. I was really sleepy this morning when ADRs opened and somehow booked ohana and BOG the same night (one is earlier and one later)
We go the last week in August.

Ohana dinner is a crazy one to book, especially during summer months when kids are out of school (COVID obviously could throw a wrench in that and numbers could be way down). I'd plan to be on there right at the second you can book. Then if you don't get it check the app a few times a day each day. People cancel reservations a lot. Even the week of you may be able to get it!

If you don't get it at first, make all of your other ADRs then keep checking back that day. People can book things and figure things out later so you may get those early cancellations.

Does anyone else find the idea that you still can't score a dinner ressie at O'Hana hilarious? After the change in menu and all the crabbing about the shrimp casserole, folks are still beating each other with a stick to get in! I'll be very interested to hear the feedback when people finally eat there again.

I did book a breakfast in July... doesn't appear they tinkered with that menu all that much... and definitely easier to get in!

My guess is a lot of these people don't realize the menu has changed and then will write a terrible review after they eat there. Previously, from many of the reviews I have read, you could tell that people didn't understand the service format or that it was a fixed menu with specific food items and then would complain the items weren't things they liked. If I don't like the menu items and/or the format for some restaurant, I eat elsewhere.

Does anyone else find the idea that you still can't score a dinner ressie at O'Hana hilarious? After the change in menu and all the crabbing about the shrimp casserole, folks are still beating each other with a stick to get in! I'll be very interested to hear the feedback when people finally eat there again.

I did book a breakfast in July... doesn't appear they tinkered with that menu all that much... and definitely easier to get in!

We prefer their breakfast honestly :P We do breakfast there almost every trip, we never even bother with dinner there. Honestly the only reservations we really fight for is breakfast Be Our Guest and Garden Grill. This next trip we may be fighting for Olga's because we have some very Star Wars crazy kids but otherwise there are so many better places to eat for dinner :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter