• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it rude?

PrettyPeony

Earning My Ears
I am getting married in March and while I don't post on here much I turn to you all for guidance and information. However, I am stuck between a rock and a hard place...

If there was only one thing I could have a say about for my wedding it would be the photography. That said, I was never able to sitdown with my photographer and tell her what I really like. I am about to send her all the wedding day information and was wondering if it were rude to send along some pictures other photographers took to explain what I am looking for, what effects I like, poses, etc. I feel like pictures could explain what I am looking for better than words since I don't know many photog. terms.

Is it rude to show my photographer pictures other photographers have taken to say, "see this is what I'd like"?

I dont think its rude. I have done this to my Photographer & she welcomes them. Mainly b/c she wants to make sure I am happy and if that means I want a picture in this spot and I like how this person showcased this then thats what it will take. Also my photographer has not shot at Disney, so that may also be why she likes seeing them.

I don't think it would be rude at all.

My DH is a photographer and like most photographers he keeps a file of work done by other photographers that he admires. He will then use those examples to learn new techniques and styles.

Not at all! Does your photographer have a website that he/she shows his/her pictures? I know there are a ton of shots my photographer has done in the past that I'm like 'take this one with me' LOL. Even if it's not from your photographer I still don't think it's rude at all. It's all about what YOU want. You are their client and they should do whatever makes YOU happy! That's what they're being paid for!

No, I would be very surprised if your photographer took offense to this. There's a certain style that I am very fond of and I e-mailed a photo I liked to my photographer. She was happy to accomodate my request and sent me some similiar photos she's taken. Go for it!

My photographer actually asked me to give her suggestions and examples of what I want her to do so I don't think its rude at all. You are paying enough money for pictures you have a right to have them the way you want them.

I am a photographer, and we do a lot of weddings. Many brides want very different things, and each one has a different idea and dream of what she wants her day and photography to be like. The more they are able to express that idea to me, the better I am at making them happy. Plus I love to look at other photographers' work. We are always looking for new ideas and to try new things. So I say no, it is not rude. If your photographer thinks that it is, go get another one!! :rotfl:

Thank you all for your comments. I feel much better! I just didn't want to hurt her feelings if I showed her some photos that weren't hers! I mean, I guess she knows I think shes great otherwise I wouldn't have picked her!!

Thanks again, Disboard is awesome!

*I will be sure to share them all with you

I am getting married in March and while I don't post on here much I turn to you all for guidance and information. However, I am stuck between a rock and a hard place...

If there was only one thing I could have a say about for my wedding it would be the photography. That said, I was never able to sitdown with my photographer and tell her what I really like. I am about to send her all the wedding day information and was wondering if it were rude to send along some pictures other photographers took to explain what I am looking for, what effects I like, poses, etc. I feel like pictures could explain what I am looking for better than words since I don't know many photog. terms.

Is it rude to show my photographer pictures other photographers have taken to say, "see this is what I'd like"?

No Way is that rude! You may be dealing with rules on some things, but remember that you are paying them to work for you for a period of time. It's always best to be very clear with what you want up front with all wedding vendors. This may be a tad awkward at first, but it is much easier than talking about it AFTER the fact.

it's not rude at all. your photographer will be happy that she knows what you want, as it will be easier for her to see it than if you just tried to describe it to her. i think a lot of vendors appreciate it when brides have reference photos (such as hairstyles, flowers, etc)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter