Is it ridiculous....

JustADreamAway

Earning My Ears
Is it ridiculous of me to have 2 reservations for LeCellier in the same week? I had my original ADR for lunch and was totally fine with that, but my friend is set on getting something that is on the dinner menu only. After looking back at both menus, they do seem to be pretty different. Do you think it would be overkill to do it twice and order completely different things at lunch and dinner? For this portion of the trip we will have DxDP so a 2 credit dinner isn't a big deal for us.

Thanks for the help!:wave2:

Is it ridiculous of me to have 2 reservations for LeCellier in the same week? I had my original ADR for lunch and was totally fine with that, but my friend is set on getting something that is on the dinner menu only. After looking back at both menus, they do seem to be pretty different. Do you think it would be overkill to do it twice and order completely different things at lunch and dinner? For this portion of the trip we will have DxDP so a 2 credit dinner isn't a big deal for us.

It might be crazy for some, but not crazy for others. If you want to do it, just do it.

I was actually going to ask a similar question this morning. I need another siginature and (if not a signature) then I would need three l table service credits for a day restaurants. I'm having a hard time picking another signature so I was thinking of Yachtsman twice. Like you, I would order something different off the menu.

Actually, when you think of it, when you travel to other places and eat at the hotel over the course of the trip, you may be eating at the hotel restaurant numerous times. We did this in Sarasota last summer. I was going to try different restaurants but the hotel's casual restaurant overlooked the bay with beautiful sunsets from the verandah. I thought why leave a good thing just for the sake of trying something different.

Go for it. It is only ridiculous if you don't raise a small toast to your enabling fellow Dissers and proceed to enjoy every bite! ;)

For me it would be "two" to many. But I say if you enjoy Le Cellier then go for it. ;)

Personally, I wouldn't do it. I'm not crazy about Le Cellier anyway though! But if you want to do it, go for it and have a yummy time! :thumbsup2

We usually do lunch and dinner at Le Cellier on the same trip because the menus are very different. I always order different things, but my daughter will order the filet with mushroom risotto at both meals. However, even that has differences (dinner filet is 8 oz and the risotto has more and a greater variety of mushrooms).

We went last night for dinner for my BFF birthday dinner. We were so excited about it all day long!!! Around noon, we find out her daughter and her fiance are on their way to surprise us for the birthday celebration. I contacted Le Cellier to see if we could add them onto the reservation. I mentioned the circumstances, and also that they are both active military, and a huge treat for us to see them for the few hours they had with us. Answer was no, there was no way to add them to our table of 2. We were dissappointed, but the kids went on to have a QS meal and we kept our resies for Le Cellier. The food was so so. I thought it was ok, altho Artist Point was WAY better. The birthday girl was very disappointed in her meal and appetizer. Our biggest disappointment was in the service. Our server was standing next to our table 7 times and never refilled our drinks or took our dirty dishes. There were lots of small children in our section, and all were very tired, having meltdowns and getting scolded loudly by their parents. It got so bad we left right after main course and did not even bother waiting for dessert. I agree with a previous poster. Two reservations might be 2 too many! Good Luck.

I don't think it's crazy if you really enjoy LC!

I like LC and have an ADR there for dinner in January. However, if there's another place you've been wanting to really try, or that you really like, or if it's inconvenient to get to one of the ADRs (meaning you are rushing to leave another park to get to Epcot for the ADR) then I'd say I'd probably pick something else...but not because I wouldn't want to eat at LC twice just might want something else I've never had or something more convenient for our plans!!

We always do Narcossee's twice each trip because it's my favourite :cool1: You have to eat so it might as well be somewhere you really want to eat:thumbsup2

First of all, I love LeCellier. We always have received great food and service. BUT, I would not want to repeat a restaurant nor food-type in one trip. I understand why people love to go to their favorite Disney restaurants, as those options are not necessarily available to them at home, but go to the same place twice?? Not for me. I think you can get the LeCellier experience either at lunch or dinner. (With arguably a better menu at dinner...) No need for both.

I say do it if you really love it that much. I'm not big on repeating restaurants, especially at Epcot where there are so many options. A few yrs ago I was all over Ca Grill and made two ressies. The first we loved as usual. The 2nd, later in the week, was certainly good, but the repetitiveness lessened the experience despite ordering differently. Had I to do it over again, I would have eaten somewhere else.

Do what you like! You shouldn't have to ask people on the Dis, we aren't paying for you dinner, lol :). We have eaten twice at restaurants before. Back when 'Ohana was better we hit it twice on a trip. Bring back a review or pics to share with us!

No, not at all. We generally do Tusker House twice during our trips and absolutely love it. If it's a restaurant you really enjoy or there is alot on the menu you want to try, go for it!

If you like it, don't worry about it. I personally would probably try another obe, but that's just me. We tried Flying Fish for the first time on our last trip and really liked it. It's in the EPCOT resort area so it's still convenient. Yachtsman is supposed to be really good, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter