• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it possible?

Sgt.Tibbs

Mouseketeer
DBF has surprised me with a week long trip to WDW Feb 18-24!
While I am beyond excited to be going back, I am concerned that 2 months is not enough time to properly plan. My first trip (with exDH & kids) took me 9 months to plan. This trip is adults only and we are only looking to have 2 or 3 TS meals throughout the trip, 4 days at WDW parks and 1 day at Universal. Any suggestions or helpful tips?

After the first time it gets much easier! I would definitely start by planning out which days you will be in which park so you can get in your dining reservations, as that will be the hardest thing to do this close to the trip. We will often settle for a late lunch/early dinner and eat big, as sometimes prime lunch (11-1) and dinner (5-7) times aren't readily available this close to a trip.

Some places that will be impossible to get in to just 2 months out unless you happen to call at the same time someone else cancels there reservation will be Cinderella's Royal Table and Be Our Guest (we booked in October for March because it was the earliest we could find!). Above all, just have fun! Eating at a counter service may not seem as fun, but really it just means more time in the parks!

Forget planning, just go and enjoy it. I'm sure you didn't mean to be ungrateful about your surprise but it kinda came across that way a bit!!

I certainly did not intend to come across as ungrateful, as this was certainly a surprise of a lifetime. I am merely concerned about going from one extreme...a full-fledged 9 months to plan with ADRs every single day to less than 2 months to plan with only 2 ADRs for the whole trip. I am in charge of the itinery, so I feel a lot of responsibility to make this a trip to remember. Plus, without kids, and only my 2nd time to WDW, I'm not as familiar with the more adult happenings that WDW has to offer.

;)Hey Neighbor! you will be surprised at how easily things fall into place for a couple .vs. full family. Go above on the tabs and get a feel for the EMH dates on the parks and plan any in-park ADRs accordingly. Yes, there are a few spots such as Ohana and CRT that may be impossible to get into, but we branched out and added Brown Derby in DHS, for example and really enjoyed it. Resort dining such as Whispering Canyon, California Grill, or BOMA will be great options for an adult couple and exploring those resorts are a gift in themselves. DH and I found we were ushered through lines alot faster than when we had 4, so all in all we got into everything and more! IMO you may be stressing out for nothing:goodvibes

I have found the Captain's Grille, The Plaza, Ragland Road (DTD), Kona and Boatwrights to be very good. If dining hadn't been full at other spots, I may never have eaten at these or been tempted to try. I wouldn't stress. Just book what you can and have a good time.

Thank you for the tips everyone! I'm very much a planner so it was stressing me out a little bit. We made a couple ADRs and plan on touring Epcot "a la carte" style with splitting small plates and grabbing the occasional adult beverage, and just winging the rest. I'm looking forward to it!

You can have a wonderful time just winging it as you say. Without children in tow you can eat later if you want, not spend time on lines for rides you aren't interested in, nor listen to any whining (that you have to deal with).

Disney is magical with young children, and it's just as much fun without them!

Since you'll be back with the kids at some point, think of things that might be more enjoyable without them, like spending more time at DTD, touring the different resorts, going for a boat ride, or a romantic dinner.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter