Is it possible....

wdwowner

Mouseketeer
that the tone on the boards have changed due to all of the negative tone and rants in the podcast itself? I really can't think of an entire show lately that has not have a good deal of negative tones towards WDW and Disney as a company.

Let's see, every week WDW is being taken to task for doing something wrong in the eyes of the podcast crew. WDW management is being called names because of the way they are doing business. The only positive food reviews lately have been restaurants outside of WDW. Acquisitions have been made by the company to fill a gap it believes it is missing only to have the blame pushed to the wrong business segment of the company. There are many more examples too.

You would think if someone really loved going to a place soooo much they would go multiple times a year, or that they would build a business around their favorite thing in the world that instead of beating it down every chance they get they would bring out the good side as much as possible, but still say 'Hey you screwed up on that one' when it is called for without belittling and name calling.

There are times that I want to yell out 'If you think you can do better that they are doing, quit your day job and go work for WDW and see how things are on the other side of the fence'.

When someone is sick with cancer or any medical situation every single medical person will tell you, 'a positive attitude will go much further than a negative attitude'. I bet the same thing will work for the boards, but it does start with the podcast itself.

Maybe the negative posts from me, as you call them (which is subjective by all), come from the tone of the podcast?

So them saying negative things makes you say negative things? They control your mind? Wow, who knew that had that much power.

I enjoy the tone of the podcasts. I think they are well balanced. If all you want to hear is WDW is perfect, then there are other podcasts out there for you.

I have to agree, to some degree with WDWOwner on this one. The DisUnplugged is my favorite Disney podcast because it gives a fair look at Disney--not just the rainbows and sunshine. We have noticed that there is a lot more negative than positive in the past few months. That may not be the fault of DisUnplugged though. They can only report what they see and if Disney is dishing out a whole lot of "bad" I guess that's what we'll hear.

Maybe the negative posts from me, as you call them (which is subjective by all), come from the tone of the podcast?

I'm sorry. I disagree. You are not subjective. No matter what is said, you are argumentative. Playing devil's advocate does not equate to being subjective. I can appreciate and respect other view points, ideas and interpretations on subjects; yet, it does get tiresome when it is brought down to an attack on a personal level. It shouldn't be as if we were on the playground in third grade.

If you don't agree with something, awesome. If you do agree awesome. But there are such things as manners and respect. I know you are not trying to win over any friends, nor should you try; but, you should be respectful. Without any respect you loose all credibility.

that the tone on the boards have changed due to all of the negative tone and rants in the podcast itself? I really can't think of an entire show lately that has not have a good deal of negative tones towards WDW and Disney as a company.
If this is what you believe you are listening to the wrong podcast. The title of the podcast says it all....."The DIS Unplugged"

Let's see, every week WDW is being taken to task for doing something wrong in the eyes of the podcast crew. WDW management is being called names because of the way they are doing business. The only positive food reviews lately have been restaurants outside of WDW. Acquisitions have been made by the company to fill a gap it believes it is missing only to have the blame pushed to the wrong business segment of the company. There are many more examples too.
in my opinion...Rightfully so. You can't tell me you haven't seen a steady decline or decay of Disney World (especially dining) over the years; services cut and prices consistantly on the rise. I'd never expect prices to decrease. I think we all wish Disney World management would leave prices static for a little while.

You would think if someone really loved going to a place soooo much they would go multiple times a year, or that they would build a business around their favorite thing in the world that instead of beating it down every chance they get they would bring out the good side as much as possible, but still say 'Hey you screwed up on that one' when it is called for without belittling and name calling.
Believe it or not, it's their/our love for all things Disney that drives this attitude. We all want to see improvements. Expressing their opinions on the show provides a forum for the Disney fan to keep Disney held accountable for higher standards. We all benefit from it.

These are pretty obvious answers to your questions. You'll find most others feel the same way. You must be new here...Welcome! :) :welcome:

I enjoy the tone of the podcasts. I think they are well balanced. If all you want to hear is WDW is perfect, then there are other podcasts out there for you.

Have you listened to this weeks WDW Radio podcast? Not all positive.

Exactly.

If I don't enjoy a podcast, I don't listen to it. I don't go post on their boards about how I don't like their style.

It's the same as your comedian analogy. Different audiences enjoy different things. If I knew a comedian's style wasn't one I liked, I wouldn't go to the show just to heckle him.

WHY do you always have to start an argument? Just don't listen (and don't post either) if you don't like it here!

The business of Disney is not Eutopian by any means. Their use of "megonomics" should make people think. I think that Disney is just being called out on it. I am glad Pete and crew are not sheep. Baaaaaa.

I'm sorry. I disagree. You are not subjective. No matter what is said, you are argumentative. Playing devil's advocate does not equate to being subjective. I can appreciate and respect other view points, ideas and interpretations on subjects; yet, it does get tiresome when it is brought down to an attack on a personal level. It shouldn't be as if we were on the playground in third grade.

If you don't agree with something, awesome. If you do agree awesome. But there are such things as manners and respect. I know you are not trying to win over any friends, nor should you try; but, you should be respectful. Without any respect you loose all credibility.

Very well said. :thumbsup2

I once heard a lecture on argumentation (yes, I'm a nerd) where the following statement was made: "Opinions are useless without reasons to support them."

For example, "Did you like the movie? Should I go see it?"
"Yes."
"Why?"
"I don't know...because?"

When it comes to being critical of anything, and an opinion is given, I (and perhaps this is just me) would ALWAYS rather hear the reasoning behind that opinion instead of simply, "I don't like WDW" or "I had a horrible meal."

I want to know "why?"

Both are opinions - but the Podcast team always, without fail, backs up their opinions with reasons.

Once I hear those reasons, I can (1) agree or (2) agree to disagree, but as long as reasons are provided, I would have no place to chastise them for offering their opinions.....that's why I listen.

- D

Very, very well said.

To the OP: The "tone of the podcast", as you've put it, has NOTHING to do with the negativity that spews from your fingertips, OP. You find any reason to criticize the crew for anything that they say or do. Anything. There's always a better way to say what you want to say without having to sound negative and critical.

I don't understand why someone who does not like the "tone" of this board or the podcast would still choose to be here...I just don't get it.

Trolls believe that even negative attention is better than no attention.

Please IGNORE the trolls.

There are times that I want to yell out 'If you think you can do better that they are doing, quit your day job and go work for WDW and see how things are on the other side of the fence'.

When someone is sick with cancer or any medical situation every single medical person will tell you, 'a positive attitude will go much further than a negative attitude'. I bet the same thing will work for the boards, but it does start with the podcast itself.

Do you sit up at night and think of things to stir the pot around here? :stir: :stir: :stir: You might want to find a new hobby because this one is getting old.

Very well said! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter