Is it possible to....

disneydancer429

Earning My Ears
add the dining plan to a room only reservation? We are new to staying on property and our visits usually only consist of an off-site hotel and peanut butter and jelly :rotfl: we are able to finally spend money on the disney vacation we always wanted! :thumbsup2 We are FL residents and want to take advantage of the discount for tickets. Are we able to book a room, buy seperate tickets, and then add the dining plan to the room resservation :confused3

TIA:lovestruc

No, but you can get a Tables in Wonderland card. I priced things out and for us it's cheaper to pay out of pocket and use that.

No, but you can get a Tables in Wonderland card. I priced things out and for us it's cheaper to pay out of pocket and use that.

Thank you for your response. I was actually looking into that today and considering it. I guess I just like the idea of knowing that our food is already covered! But that seems like a pretty good deal! I'll have to look into it further! Thanks again! :goodvibes

It never hurts to call them and ask- we were able to add the dining plan to a room only reservation for January, as we will be purchasing military discount tickets when we arrive.

I like the TIW idea, but I also love already having everything pre-paid so I don't have to worry about it when we are there.

It never hurts to call them and ask- we were able to add the dining plan to a room only reservation for January, as we will be purchasing military discount tickets when we arrive.

If you have military tickets, have an AP or are a DVCer staying on points you qualify for a ticketless package. Otherwise you must purchase at least a one day ticket if you want to purchase the dining plan.

Thank you for your response. I was actually looking into that today and considering it. I guess I just like the idea of knowing that our food is already covered! But that seems like a pretty good deal! I'll have to look into it further! Thanks again! :goodvibes

I've used the TiW my last two trips (Sept and then again last week). What I did was figured what I'd probably order, figured what the total would be including tax and tips, and ordered Disney gift cards. I added a little extra in case I ordered a little differently or found some souvineers I wanted. That way everything was prepaid (including gratuities and any extras like souvineers or alcohol). I had some left over on the gift card that I can use for my next trip. I came out better than if I had used the DDP and was able to order exactly what I wanted whether it be two appetizers, an appetizer and dessert, just an entree, or all three courses, plus it covered any alcohol I might have wanted and I was able to eat at a few restaurants that don't even take the DDP. I used to be a big proponent of the DDPs, but have changed my mind in the last few months. The TiW works out better (gives 20% off and includes an 18% tip, so I don't have to figure gratuities unless I want to give a little extra).

Now my husband and I are taking our 3 y/o GS down there in Feb and we're doing the DxDDP again, but that's only because we are doing alot of character meals for my grandson and the DxDDP worked out cheaper than OOP with TiW for that trip. Due to the way the room discounts fell, my trip last week was technically a split stay at CSR with the first night being under an AP discount with the DxDDP and the last seven nights room only under a bounceback deal using TiW. For that one night the DxDDP worked out better. I paid OOP for lunch my first day, then used the DxDDP credits for a TS dinner that night and a TS lunch and TS dinner the next night, plus I had the two snacks to use over the first two days, and got the mug, which I would have bought anyway (all for $79.00). I put my three most expensive meals those first two days and the DxDDP covered them for both days.

I believe Tables in Wonderland is available only to AP holders, but this includes Fla. Resident APs. TIW seems to get a lot of positive reviews from posters here, especially because it includes a discount on alcohol purchases with the meal.

Buying a Dining Plan will require the purchase of 1-day base tickets for everyone in the same room. The tickets never expire if they remain unused, and are fully upgradable. We have some of these tickets we brought home unused, and will use them on a future visit to upgrade from.

I believe Tables in Wonderland is available only to AP holders, but this includes Fla. Resident APs.

Florida residents (anyone who lives in FL- not just AP holders) can purchase a TiW card, however the cost is more. AP holders (FL resident seasonal pass included) pay $75 for a TiW card, and any FL resident who is not a passholder pays $100 for a TiW card.

Florida residents (anyone who lives in FL- not just AP holders) can purchase a TiW card, however the cost is more. AP holders (FL resident seasonal pass included) pay $75 for a TiW card, and any FL resident who is not a passholder pays $100 for a TiW card.

OK, sorry. That's good for the OP to know. Thanks for the helpful info!

Thank you for all of the helpful information! I guess we'll go through both options and figure out what works best for us! Thanks again!! :love:

The only guests who can purchase a dining plan without booking a package are DVC members booking through Member Services.

There is a package exception for annual passholders and those eligible for the military room discount. They are able to book ticketless room/dining packages. These are not room only reservations; they are packages without tickets. They're subject to the same deposit, payment and cancellation rules as packages, not those applicable to room only reservations.

If you're not in one of those two categories (and possibly cast members at certain times of the year), you cannot purchase a dining plan without buying park tickets as part of a package reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter