Is it possible to use maingate passes after work term ends?

goofille

Earning My Ears
My daughter is working right now and we are going to visit once her work term ends. Is it possible to use the maingate passes then? Any information that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you! :)

In order to use a maingate pass, you must be a currently employed cast member. Once you are no longer a cast member, you are no longer entitled to that benefit.

As the PP mentioned, you will be unable to use it. Technically, once your work term ends, you are required to return it to the Company as it is considered Company Property, same as your Work ID. If you don't, you could face a charge on your last paycheck. The only tickets that can till be used are the complimentary E-Tickets, so long as they have not expired.

What are complimentary E tickets? Thank you so much for the information!

They are tickets part and full time cast members get to use as they wish a couple of times a year. They can give them away and do not need to be with the guest when they enter. I do not believe CPs get them at all or have an opportunity to get them.

Liz

They are tickets part and full time cast members get to use as they wish a couple of times a year. They can give them away and do not need to be with the guest when they enter. I do not believe CPs get them at all or have an opportunity to get them.

Liz

Seasonal cast members do as well but CPs do not. A lot of volunteer opportunities give away comp tickets as well. I ended up with about ten just from volunteering randomly.

Seasonal cast members do as well but CPs do not. A lot of volunteer opportunities give away comp tickets as well. I ended up with about ten just from volunteering randomly.

Just to clarify for everybody because Cais brought up something important. CP Cast Members do not receive the Winter and Spring Complimentary E-Tickets, nor do they receive the United Way promotion tickets. However, there are opportunities for them to receive complimentary tickets.

Every now and then commercials are filmed on property and they use volunteer Cast Members as extras. Depending on the film shoot, those volunteers can receive complimentary tickets for their time. Some Volunt-ear opportunities give out tickets as well. These opportunities exist, you just have to keep an ear to the ground and sign up quickly. I've seen them fill up within an hour of them being posted.

CP Cast Members do not receive the Winter and Spring Complimentary E-Tickets, nor do they receive the United Way promotion tickets.

When I was a CP, we got water park E-Tickets for donating a certain amount to United Way.

When I was a CP, we got water park E-Tickets for donating a certain amount to United Way.

Hmm, they may have changed that policy then. It was always my understanding that was the case. Hopefully they did though, Water park tickets are a lovely thing during the summer Block Out

I think Disneyland still gives CPs the Holiday Celebration e-ticket

CP's at WDW Aalso get the Holiday Celebration booklet, but its not an E-ticket they receive, it's more like a card that acts as a 1 time MainGate. In theory you could use both at one time and get Six people in. However, in order to use it, you still have to be an active Cast Member.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter