Is it possible to get good/CHEAP airfare out of Toronto to Orlando?

DaniB

DIS Veteran
So I have been stalking airline websites for the past month since it occured to me that if we fly out of Toronto we could add 2 park days to our trip. I had considered driving as well, but ditched that idea. I'd love those 2 days for Universal Studios & Harry Potter! :goodvibes Never been there.

Only, airfare from Toronto is so expensive! Our family flew round-trip out of Buffalo last September with $69 tickets. Under $700 CAN when Toronto airlines wanted $1800-$2100 at the time we booked with JetBlue. Of course we still spent more money as we had to stay in Buffalo the night before and after our flight.
However, it was 1/2 the price flying out of Toronto would have!

Then, some point AFTER I purchased JetBlue tickets, Toronto tickets were released at $72.

This time it's just hubby & I. So I was thinking we could allocate the money would spend on 2 nights in Buffalo towards Toronto tickets instead. I cannot recall *when* the tickets dropped down to $72 however... Does anyone know if this happens frequently/yearly? Flying late Sept BTW.

The prices so far have been $199 = $1,050 for both of us. Then yesterday/today they show as $149 = $840 for both of us. Good deal, or will there be better prices still if I wait? :confused3

What's been your experiences?? I'm a SAHM so I can stalk the sites several times a day if necessary! ;)

$72 is a great price but it's the taxes that'll kill you. For the price of the taxes you could stay in Buffalo before and after your flights. Stick with Buffalo...

Westjet had $69 each way yesterday (1 day sale) and I've seen them as low as $39 on chater companies. You just have to keep looking and be flexible with dates.

Air Transat currently has $29 return flights listed from Toronto to Orlando. With taxes about $265 per person.

I have never flown Sunwing before, but many of my colleagues have and we suddenly decided to take a short trip. As PP said, I was able to find flights for $39 + taxes. Costs around $260.00 each. We tried to get one more ticket and it is now all sold out.

Air Canada, Westjet, Sunwing, Air Transat they have all had some excellent prices of late to Florida. Snagged quite a few round trip flights for $250 ish pp! I was sitting on the AC site the other day looking at prices and for some reason went back a page..the flights had all dropped another $20!

Keep your eyes open..be surprised what's out there!

Thanks for the replies!

Actually, if I can get airline tickets cheap enough, then the money we would have used for the 2 night stay in Buffalo can go toward the taxes instead. When I price out the $149 tickets, the extra taxes are $245. Our 1 night park & fly and 1 night on return trip will cost us almost $300 at the Hotel my husband likes. I have to admit I like the hotel as well.

I did see the $69 tickets yesterday but they were good for flights up until April 20th only. Now I know to pay extra attention on Thursdays to WestJet though. I did not know about their Thursday specials until yesterday. And the Air Transat ones won't work with our Sept trip either.

So, it looks like if I keep checking daily and often I'll get a good price. But right now it seems I'm looking too early! LOL Ah well - I'll keep looking daily.

If you try the american carriers (like Delta, American Airlines, etc.) you will find that they often beat Canadian carriers' prices out of Canadian main hub cities.....we often use Delta out of Winnipeg.

The one american airline I don't like though is United - they somehow route everything out of western areas through Denver Colorado and that area is storm prone through the winter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter