is it possible to do???

quilt4luv

Earning My Ears
Is it possible to be doing Epcot for the park of the day, leave and have time to go to Chef Mickey's for a 6:30 reservation and be back to Epcot for fireworks AND get a good seat for them around the water, or will traveling time not allow for this at all.

I'm no expert but it seems close to me and like a whirlwind running session!

Good luck. I hope you make it.

I think it's possible, but not pleasant. At least you can do the Monorail from Chef Mickey's, then the monorial to Epcot.

Can you switch days so that day is MK and get another day at Epcot for the fireworks?

Is that you, MJ? :wave:

You can do them both, but not get a good location to see Illuminations. A 6:30 PS at Chef Mickeys doesn't guarantee you'll be seated at that time. I'd guess it will be 7:30 at the earliest before you'd be done with dinner, even if you hurry.

It's probably going to take you about 30 minutes to travel by monorail from CR to Epcot, depending on how long you have to wait for each monorail.

Then it's at least a 15 minute walk from the monorail to the lagoon in Epcot. That makes it at least 8:15 when you are starting to look for a place to watch Illumnations. Most of the best spots will be taken by then.

I think you can plan to do both, but you won't have a prime location to watch.

By the way, there aren't very many "seats" to watch Illuminations. Almost every place you have to stand to watch the show, because of walls, trees, buildings, etc.

Greg

I wouldn't count on it. A priority seating does not mean you will get in exactly at 6:30 so there could be a bit of a wait-depending on how busy it is. On top of that you have to take two monorails back to Epcot and then walk to World Showcase. I would try view Illuminations on another night. As mentioned before there are very few benches around the World Showcase Lagoon and they would be long occupied early on.

Thanks for the advice, we are trying to take advantage of our early entry days, but don't want to be flying around from park to park for our eating schedule also. I may look into seeing what MK has to offer after our PS and then do the fireworks at Epcot the day I was really going to do MK festivities, or may just ignore the early entry day and keep my schedule the same as what it was.

And yes "michygoomy" it is me MJ, now give me a clue please who you are;)

We had a PS at Chef Mickey's for 6pm and saw Illuminations after that.

We ran - RAN - the whole way from the ticket gate at EPCOT to the bridge by France. DD was crying from exhaustion, and our friend's 3yo was cranked out by then, too! I love Illuminations, but this was not one of our best decisions!

Then we had to go right back to the resort.

Never again!

Hi Michelle!
Glad to be here, had a little scare last night with planning, found out the early entry days were not the days we planned for that particular park. So now we are scrambling to figure out what to do! You know, me of all people, don't like last minute stress like this:)
MJ
We are down to 14 days. YIKES!!!

How about if we do the early entry for Epcot on Wed, leave the park to do our Chef Mickeys and after that go to MK since that is closer for the fireworks there? On Thurs. we do early entry for MK making sure to leave and go to Epco for their fireworks? Does this make sense to anyone who has been before? I really don't want to loose my early entry days, after planning looks like we will need all the extra time we can get.
MJ

That sounds reasonable. As long as you have Hopper passes you should be okay. I had to change my originally plans when we were donw that way last month. But everything turned out okay.
Hope you have a Good time!

Ugh! I'd be flipping out too! Now I'll have to remember to double-check early entry days before I go.

You are going to have such a good time, though !!!!!!!

I like the idea of going to early entry, then leaving that park for another. I found that the early entry parks got swamped in the afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter