Is it POSSIBLE?? AKL LITE IV?? You betcha...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading these posts makes me happy that I picked AKL for my first trip. I figured out of all the deluxe resorts, I can always check into a nice, beachy, or spa like resort...but when would I ever get to see wildlife??
I booked a Savannah room Club Level. I hope that means something. I also booked the sunset safari (I wont even try to spell the name of it!)

I really can't wait. :woohoo:

Wanyama is the safari's name ;) and congrats!! Your first trip? You picked an awesome resort (and Club Level is THE BEST!!) Enjoy! :cloud9:

Dinning questions for everyone....

We have never eaten at a restaurant at AKL, if we wanted a dinner that was nice and fun for just the two of us, what would you suggest?

Hi, I've only eaten at Boma (but looking forward to trying Jiko and Sanaa in April!). We've never stayed at AKL in the past, but in our past three trips, Boma is always the restaurant on our must do list, and the only one we've repeated each year. The food is consistenly great, lots of offerings for different tastes, the ambience is great, the servers fantastic and fun, and if you book your ADR at their opening time, they greet you with drums as you walk through (discovered this last year and will book this time again for next year!).

I would opt for Jiko under those circumstance!

Me too. I think Boma as a buffet is not so good for a meal for two. At least I find that one spends to much time getting things from the buffet while the other one is still eating or already has returned. Also it can get rather noisy in there.

We had a wonderful meal at Jiko this January! :goodvibes

I would opt for Jiko under those circumstance!

Me too. I think Boma as a buffet is not so good for a meal for two. At least I find that one spends to much time getting things from the buffet while the other one is still eating or already has returned. Also it can get rather noisy in there.

TOTALLY agree. Jiko is the best.
Ideally you should try both but Jiko is much more relaxing. Boma is so popular that it's turned into quite a "feed". Last time we were there the main line was VERY long. It moved pretty quickly but still. I'm not into that. I like to sit down, have a glass of wine and relax. Plus, it's expensive. I do love the food at Boma though :thumbsup2

Hi, I've only eaten at Boma (but looking forward to trying Jiko and Sanaa in April!). We've never stayed at AKL in the past, but in our past three trips, Boma is always the restaurant on our must do list, and the only one we've repeated each year. The food is consistenly great, lots of offerings for different tastes, the ambience is great, the servers fantastic and fun, and if you book your ADR at their opening time, they greet you with drums as you walk through (discovered this last year and will book this time again for next year!).

TOTALLY agree. Jiko is the best.
Ideally you should try both but Jiko is much more relaxing. Boma is so popular that it's turned into quite a "feed". Last time we were there the main line was VERY long. It moved pretty quickly but still. I'm not into that. I like to sit down, have a glass of wine and relax. Plus, it's expensive. I do love the food at Boma though :thumbsup2

Another vote for Jiko:thumbsup2

Ok after reading all of these and at johnsonet's suggestion prior to my post, we are going to make a reservation at Jiko. hopefully I can find the perfect time to go. Keeping my fingers crossed.

One last question... Can the CM at AKL CL do the reservation for me? If so how do i contact them.

One last question... Can the CM at AKL CL do the reservation for me? If so how do i contact them.

ABSOLUTELY!
Have you not been emailing them? They can help you with lots of things, like room requests, tours, dining :eek:
They may be able to help you with your room assignment situation, too.

Animal. kingdom. lodge. itinerary. planning @disneyworld. com (w/ no spaces)
(This email is for guests with confirmed AKL Club Level reservations only***)

ABSOLUTELY!
Have you not been emailing them? They can help you with lots of things, like room requests, tours, dining :eek:

What do you mean that they can help with room assignment? Can I ask for something specific (within reason of course)?

Oct. is our first club level stay and the Itinerary Planning Office has been great. Setting up reservations and answering questions. I made my own ADRs online, but I think they can do it for you. I just like looking at the options myself if my first choice isn't available. They did get me reservations for the 3D Dessert Party during the F&W Festival and the sunrise safari. They put all my ADRs and other reservations on one itinerary which they emailed to me. I am not sure what other things they can do. I can't wait for our visit.

What do you mean that they can help with room assignment? Can I ask for something specific (within reason of course)?

You can make room requests through IPO. Now that CL rooms are 4th floor, Arusha Savannah view, I just request Zebra Trail to be closer to the pool. (I used to request Arusha Savannah as well, as some of the CL rooms overlooked the Sunset Savannah)
You don't always get what you ask for - I've gotten Kudu Trail a couple of times and both those rooms had some of the best views I've ever had at AKL.
Just depends but it's worth a shot if you have a preference.
I've also requested a bunkbed room when traveling with my daughter and her friend :thumbsup2

Do any of you have suggestions for rooms with standard view in Kidani Village? We have 2 young kids if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Do any of you have suggestions for rooms with standard view in Kidani Village? We have 2 young kids if that makes a difference. Thanks!

We had a Standard View at Kidani in December. We requested "close to the lobby or elevators" for my FIL who has a bad back (we got a wheelchair in the parks). They put us in the first room off the lobby - which turned out to be a GREAT location with our 2 year old as well. We could easily walk to the lobby, or for ice, and not have to put him in the stroller. It was not on the side with the bus stop (thankfully!), but we could see trucks and things pulling through the area, which DS LOVED. There was some noise, sometimes, but overall, it was quiet. Great location!

We had a Standard View at Kidani in December. We requested "close to the lobby or elevators" for my FIL who has a bad back (we got a wheelchair in the parks). They put us in the first room off the lobby - which turned out to be a GREAT location with our 2 year old as well. We could easily walk to the lobby, or for ice, and not have to put him in the stroller. It was not on the side with the bus stop (thankfully!), but we could see trucks and things pulling through the area, which DS LOVED. There was some noise, sometimes, but overall, it was quiet. Great location!

THanks for the response. Do you remember the room number or general numbers by chance? Thanks again!

Just checking in after another long time away...can't believe you've got another new thread started!! Beautiful pic of KV on the first page, just gorgeous. I hope to be heading back there in January.:goodvibes

ABSOLUTELY!

No I had not even known I could email them.... See how far behind I am in the knowledge you guys have....

Thanks again for sharing with me.

I'm still trying desperately to upgrade my one night at ALK to a Savannah view. Alas, no luck yet. Sold. Out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter