• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it POSSIBLE?? AKL LITE IV?? You betcha...

Status
Not open for further replies.
:thumbsup2
:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

GOOD NIGHT !! It's bed time here in Italy !!! :goodvibes

Not sure what part of Italy but I have been there several times and have travel alot within. It is a beautiful country and the people are wonderful!

When I am in Rome I always make a point of stopping at Della Palma....

Have a wonderful day!

Not sure what part of Italy but I have been there several times and have travel alot within. It is a beautiful country and the people are wonderful!

When I am in Rome I always make a point of stopping at Della Palma....

Have a wonderful day!

THANKYOU !!! ;) I agree , :rolleyes1 WE Italians are nice people ...
:rotfl: most of the time !!!

We live in Milano - but husband visits Rome at least once a week for his job ...

:wave2: Have a beautiful day you too !! laura

You are not even going to believe my day...I must've broken a mirror, or a black cat must've walked in front of me:laughing:

I went and got my 2 front tires replaced today, been putting it off for a long time, did my research so I'd know where to go to get the best prices:thumbsup2

While waiting, the temp agency called me, not about the job I'd already interviewed for, but another one...The money she offered me was so-so, she even admitted it's less than I deserve, and the commute:scared1: At least 90 min, maybe 2 hrs each way...1 bus and 3 trains, each way...So I wasn't thrilled w/it, she offered me a little bit more money and asked me to commit to it for 2 weeks...Heck I can do almost anything for 2 weeks so I said I'll start tomorrow.
I come home and decide to take a nap, which I hardly ever do..I find out I have a voice mail message, it's from lady @ agency, she cancelled my assignment:scared1: It turned into a 4 week job instead of a 2 week job, she assumed I wouldnt be able to commit to the commute, and cancelled:confused3

I just talked to her, she apologized (big deal) she thought I said I wouldnt commit past 2 weeks....What the heck?

You are not even going to believe my day...I must've broken a mirror, or a black cat must've walked in front of me:laughing:

I went and got my 2 front tires replaced today, been putting it off for a long time, did my research so I'd know where to go to get the best prices:thumbsup2

While waiting, the temp agency called me, not about the job I'd already interviewed for, but another one...The money she offered me was so-so, she even admitted it's less than I deserve, and the commute:scared1: At least 90 min, maybe 2 hrs each way...1 bus and 3 trains, each way...So I wasn't thrilled w/it, she offered me a little bit more money and asked me to commit to it for 2 weeks...Heck I can do almost anything for 2 weeks so I said I'll start tomorrow.
I come home and decide to take a nap, which I hardly ever do..I find out I have a voice mail message, it's from lady @ agency, she cancelled my assignment:scared1: It turned into a 4 week job instead of a 2 week job, she assumed I wouldnt be able to commit to the commute, and cancelled:confused3

I just talked to her, she apologized (big deal) she thought I said I wouldnt commit past 2 weeks....What the heck?

Poor you, that really is not fair. I hope that something positive will happen soon.

Corinna

As long as you all want me to post the updates here, I will. I know not everyone is on facebook, so you wouldn't know what was going on any other way.

Bob is now the proud owner of a trach and a PEG feeding tube in the stomach. Although he approved both these surgeries, he was not particularly happy yesterday. He has entered the bored to tears portion of a prolonged hospital stay and his impatience and stubbornness are showing themselves. He is insistent that he can eat and drink and is furious when Kristin and I won't bring him what he wants. We did get permission from the ICU staff to bring him his cell phone so he could text rather than write and he asked to play a game of Yahtzee which they also permitted. But he quickly tired with that minimal activity. The man hasn't had a feeding in a tube since noon on Friday so I imagine he is famished! I hope today brings him some more progress and less disappointment. Meanwhile, Kristin and I are continuing to try to work and go to the hospital. It will be easier once they start some kind of therapy with him, as it will give him something else to do. For security reasons we can't leave his book reader or phone or iPod with him so he is reduced to hours of watching the History Channel and reading. I am hoping he can get out of ICU soon, but his BP has to be stabilized and his little bout of arrhythmia yesterday cannot return!

Thanks for the update! :hug:

....just sit by the pool, take a walk over to the flamingo pond, watch the animals, enjoy a great meal at Boma, rock in one of the rocking chairs by the outdoor fire pit,....

Ditto - and grab yourself a package of zebra domes before you leave! :)

*cough*
4 days!

Woo-hoo!! :woohoo: :yay: :banana:

But did she give you back the job?? Maybe you should start thinking about a different temp agency! :rolleyes:

Poor you, that really is not fair. I hope that something positive will happen soon.

Corinna

Thanks, Corinna:hug:

But did she give you back the job?? Maybe you should start thinking about a different temp agency! :rolleyes:

Nope, she didn't..They needed someone right away, so they gave it to someone else:confused3 Yeah, this is already the 2nd agency I've dealt w/that has their heads up their butts:laughing:

*cough*
4 days!

You beat me by a day!!! ;)

Athenna,
Don't get discouraged. Maybe in the next 4 weeks, what you've been waiting for will come along (and you might have missed it if you were doing that LONG commute during that time! :headache:) Stay positive -- there's a great job in your future! :thumbsup2

Sorry your stars aren't lining up right now! Prayers and pixie dust for brighter days ahead!

Before I forget... athenna (Jenn??) I am on facebook, so if you PM me your info I will friend you

Since I taught a great majority of the day yesterday Kristin and I told the ICU staff that we would stop in at 9:00 p.m. just to tell Bob good night and see how his day went. By the way, in case you didn't know.... the new law states that anyone, at any time, can enter any area of the hospital that is not restricted due to sanitary reasons (not the term I want to use but my brain is mush these days!) but I have been observing the old ICU hours of visitation from 8-8. There was a darned good reason for those hours and just because some lawmaker in DC decided to tack on a ridiculously wordy, un-necessarily broad amendment to the health care bill I am not going to second guess the hospital staff! Anyway....

Because we went in so late we discovered that Bob was being moved out of ICU. In fact, we got to help move him. Who ever thought that moving patients at 10:30 p.m. was good for anyone involved?!?!? I can understand surgeries late at night due to OR availability and surgeon and staff schedules, but moving?? His bed in ICU was not needed and the one on the 4th floor was standing empty too. He was exhausted from all the hubbub surrounding the move and the PT that he received on Monday. By the time they got him moved and explained the new monitoring system that he has to help with he was in a nasty mood and let everyone anywhere near him know it. Kristin and I left after we knew he was situated and I got home about 11:15.

There is no change in his breathing and he did not pass the swallow test yesterday. That is not a surprise to me because he has a trach in there! I wish the Speech Therapist would hold off a few days until they can stabilize his secretions and put the speaking tube into the trach. That would allow him to close it off and swallow more normally. Right now he is trying to swallow past a balloon. :rolleyes: He is disheartened because every day he thinks he will pass the test and begin to eat. I am at the point of saying I just want them to tell him what I was told last Friday: He probably won't be able to eat solid food for months. Getting his hopes dashed every day is taking its toll. If I see her today I may discuss that with her.

Now that I have gone on and on, I do have to say that being out of ICU is certainly a step in the right direction. We are praying that he can continue to improve and stay there. The last place we want to see him go is back to ICU!

Again, my friends... thanks for letting me ramble my thoughts here. I know you all keep saying that's what you are here for, but sometimes I feel like I am monopolizing the thread.

I hope everyone in the path of our next gift from Mother Nature will stay safe. I think our immediate area will miss the majority of this monster storm, but most of you are going to have to deal with it. :hug:

Since I taught a great majority of the day yesterday Kristin and I told the ICU staff that we would stop in at 9:00 p.m. just to tell Bob good night and see how his day went. By the way, in case you didn't know.... the new law states that anyone, at any time, can enter any area of the hospital that is not restricted due to sanitary reasons (not the term I want to use but my brain is mush these days!) but I have been observing the old ICU hours of visitation from 8-8. There was a darned good reason for those hours and just because some lawmaker in DC decided to tack on a ridiculously wordy, un-necessarily broad amendment to the health care bill I am not going to second guess the hospital staff! Anyway....

Because we went in so late we discovered that Bob was being moved out of ICU. In fact, we got to help move him. Who ever thought that moving patients at 10:30 p.m. was good for anyone involved?!?!? I can understand surgeries late at night due to OR availability and surgeon and staff schedules, but moving?? His bed in ICU was not needed and the one on the 4th floor was standing empty too. He was exhausted from all the hubbub surrounding the move and the PT that he received on Monday. By the time they got him moved and explained the new monitoring system that he has to help with he was in a nasty mood and let everyone anywhere near him know it. Kristin and I left after we knew he was situated and I got home about 11:15.

There is no change in his breathing and he did not pass the swallow test yesterday. That is not a surprise to me because he has a trach in there! I wish the Speech Therapist would hold off a few days until they can stabilize his secretions and put the speaking tube into the trach. That would allow him to close it off and swallow more normally. Right now he is trying to swallow past a balloon. :rolleyes: He is disheartened because every day he thinks he will pass the test and begin to eat. I am at the point of saying I just want them to tell him what I was told last Friday: He probably won't be able to eat solid food for months. Getting his hopes dashed every day is taking its toll. If I see her today I may discuss that with her.

Now that I have gone on and on, I do have to say that being out of ICU is certainly a step in the right direction. We are praying that he can continue to improve and stay there. The last place we want to see him go is back to ICU!

Again, my friends... thanks for letting me ramble my thoughts here. I know you all keep saying that's what you are here for, but sometimes I feel like I am monopolizing the thread.

I hope everyone in the path of our next gift from Mother Nature will stay safe. I think our immediate area will miss the majority of this monster storm, but most of you are going to have to deal with it. :hug:

Elin,

Thanks for the update on Bob, Progress is progress and everything small or large is a wonderful gift. Still praying for you and yours.

:hug:

OH, Sweetie girl............ I'm sorry!!! Hang in there - I know something good will come your way - just keep believing!!! Big Hugs! :hug:

Elin, Thanks for the update on Bob! Glad to hear he's out of ICU - that's good news! AND - we are here for you, never think otherwise! I sincerely feel like all you girls here are my friends - even though a lot of us haven't met (yet) - it doesn't matter - we're all girlfriends here and we support each other - so PLEASE keep us posted and know you & your family are very much cared for!!!!! :grouphug:

Just sending thoughts and prayers ; I see how hard it is for everyone involved !!
I'll ask my pupils for some prayers ; we always start the day praying together .

:hug: laura

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter