Is it my imagination or is BOG not so HTG?

JanieMc

Mouseketeer
Hey there, I know we'll be going to WDW at a slow time, Labor Day weekend--but I tried several times to get BoG dinner on various nights to gauge our best plan, and seemed always to have availability (this is per telephone). I switched our time once, and it was simple. This might just speak to the crowd levels... but... we were lucky to get in at all at 4 p.m. last year this time. Anyone else notice this? Also, the fact you can make ADR's for lunch is very good, but I tested a random summer weekend lunchtime just to see, and there showed availability. Anyone know why? Or has BoG lost it's "newness" and now not so hard to get?

I think many people can now get a lunch ADR and pick that option instead because it is cheaper. Right now, there are lots of openings for BOG dinner in late March but none for lunch.

4 in our party, Sargeant! Suzanne, yes, that's a good point... but it still surprises me that March has any dinner openings at all. It used to be the "impossible ADR," after first seating CRT (or V&A Chef's Table!). But yes, lunch ADR's make people confident beyond doubt that they'll get it.

Hey there, I know we'll be going to WDW at a slow time, Labor Day weekend--but I tried several times to get BoG dinner on various nights to gauge our best plan, and seemed always to have availability (this is per telephone). I switched our time once, and it was simple. This might just speak to the crowd levels... but... we were lucky to get in at all at 4 p.m. last year this time. Anyone else notice this? Also, the fact you can make ADR's for lunch is very good, but I tested a random summer weekend lunchtime just to see, and there showed availability. Anyone know why? Or has BoG lost it's "newness" and now not so hard to get?

After reading so much about how impossible it was to get into BOG for any meal, my jaw about dropped on a recent Saturday (Feb 28th) when we walked up after 11am and were shown right in. We had our food ordered about ten minutes later. I had been telling my companion that there was no way we would be able to eat there, but that we could walk by and see what it looked like from the outside. I saw people going up to CMs with pads out front and talking to them; I assumed they were being turned away. Because, you know, unobtainium. But I moved a little closer and I realized the woman nearest me was just asking if she could get reservations for 7 people for later. When she was done talking to the CM, I hesitantly approached and asked if they had availability for two. He asked if the whole party was present (we were). Then we just ... went inside and ordered our food after a short wait by the suits of armor.

After reading so much about how impossible it was to get into BOG for any meal, my jaw about dropped on a recent Saturday (Feb 28th) when we walked up after 11am and were shown right in. We had our food ordered about ten minutes later. I had been telling my companion that there was no way we would be able to eat there, but that we could walk by and see what it looked like from the outside. I saw people going up to CMs with pads out front and talking to them; I assumed they were being turned away. Because, you know, unobtainium. But I moved a little closer and I realized the woman nearest me was just asking if she could get reservations for 7 people for later. When she was done talking to the CM, I hesitantly approached and asked if they had availability for two. He asked if the whole party was present (we were). Then we just ... went inside and ordered our food after a short wait by the suits of armor.

I seriously hope this happens for me. I can not get BOG lunch reservations but I will be there with my pretty smile at 10:30am every day we are in MK.

I think that you happen to go at the time when the lunch fp ended and lunch reservation period began. 2/25 was the first day you could make lunch reservations for any day after 2/24 so there 2/28 was probably one of those days where people were still unaware that they could have tried for a lunch ressie. But I also agree that I think the lunch reservation may have opened things up a bit but also once you get inside your month to actually travel people start firming up plans and cancelling reservations so that they don't get charged. I let 2 reservations for dinner go in the last couple of weeks.

I don't know, lunch is still available for my vacation 6/22-7/5, but dinner is not. When a dinner did pop up on 7/4 it was for 9pm. Not sure who would eat at BOG rather than watch the 4th of July fireworks after putting up with those crowds all day who are there specifically to watch the fireworks, but someone snatched it up.

Luckily, I was able to get a dinner reservation from a nice DISer on the cancellation boards for a day we'll be in the MK.

Last edited:
I'd consider it lucky... or maybe off crowds? No dinner or lunches for our week 6/7-13. I did get lucky with lunch resssie on one day but they are all gone it seems. Good luck :)

We're going in May and I've had no luck getting a BOG dinner for any day of our trip. I've got an ADR sniper alert out and have yet to hear anything about any openings. I did get a lunch ressie when they first opened up, but would much rather have a dinner. So far, no go.

I admit that I only started last week but cannot get anything for our 4 days in May lunch or dinner. I did get lucky and get a SciFi breakfast, not at my ideal time but doable.

As far as fall I was able to get my daughter and her friends BOG for lunch and dinner without any problems. I think it may be that it is still so far out,

Well I'm going over Labor Day weekend and haven't been able to get a BOG dinner ADR, despite trying at the 180-day mark. After trying all day and the next morning, I finally realized the computer system wasn't working and called. But no dinner openings.

So, still HTG for me. Happy it's not for you, though!

I'm going the first week in sept and the reason it's htg is the restaurant is only taking reservations until 6 which is odd but the cm said it should open up because the park is def open until 9 the day I am going

I was able to get a reservation on 9/9 but it's at 4:50! Not exactly when I want to eat BUT I took it for now.... It isn't even giving an option to choose a time past 6pm. The other date I looked at was 9/11 but it's only open for lunch that day due to a party that night.... Hope they open later times!

I don't know, lunch is still available for my vacation 6/22-7/5, but dinner is not. When a dinner did pop up on 7/4 it was for 9pm. Not sure who would eat at BOG rather than watch the 4th of July fireworks after putting up with those crowds all day who are there specifically to watch the fireworks, but someone snatched it up.

Luckily, I was able to get a dinner reservation from a nice DISer on the cancellation boards for a day we'll be in the MK.

I guess we're the crazy people who will eat at 9 PM LOL. But our situation is a little different. We have APs and our flight gets in early in the morning but we are not even heading to MK until about 7 PM for two of our FP's I scheduled right before dinner and then the 11 PM parade fp after. So the time actually worked pretty good for us considering we usually don't go to a park on arrival day.

I guess we're the crazy people who will eat at 9 PM LOL. But our situation is a little different. We have APs and our flight gets in early in the morning but we are not even heading to MK until about 7 PM for two of our FP's I scheduled right before dinner and then the 11 PM parade fp after. So the time actually worked pretty good for us considering we usually don't go to a park on arrival day.

It's not so much the time, but the day! It's the fourth of July and the fireworks are at 9 that night. I just don't know who would put up with those crowds just to miss out on the sole event any sane person should be there to see on the fourth.

It's not so much the time, but the day! It's the fourth of July and the fireworks are at 9 that night. I just don't know who would put up with those crowds just to miss out on the sole event any sane person should be there to see on the fourth.

Oh i got cha!

I was able to get a reservation on 9/9 but it's at 4:50! Not exactly when I want to eat BUT I took it for now.... It isn't even giving an option to choose a time past 6pm. The other date I looked at was 9/11 but it's only open for lunch that day due to a party that night.... Hope they open later times!

That's the same evening we'll be there. We have a 5.40pm reservation. It was my 180+10 days day and the very first ADR I made at 6am and was only one of two times available. For me, at least, it was a hard to get ADR as we would have preferred a little later.

We are going over Labor Day week as well, and managed to get BOG lunch on the 4th. I think it's low season, but if/when free dining is announced, the restaurants will fill up.

We got BOG Dinner on 9/13 @ 4:20. It was slightly earlier than I wanted, but then I got it for a group of 11. I didn't have to split it up so I was happy just to get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter